|This article does not cite any references or sources. (April 2010)|
|Motto||नियत करु कर्म|
|Vice-Chancellor||Prof. Alak Kumar Buragohain|
|Location||Dibrugarh, Assam, India|
|Affiliations||UGC, NAAC, AIU|
Dibrugarh University is a university in the Indian state of Assam. It was set up in 1965 under the provisions of the Dibrugarh University Act, 1965, enacted by the Assam Legislative Assembly. It is a teaching-cum-affiliating university with limited residential facilities.
It is accredited by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council, with a B grade. Dibrugarh University is a member of the Association of Indian Universities (AIU) and the Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU). The degrees conferred by this university are recognised by all universities in India and abroad on reciprocal basis. From the academic session of 2009-10 the university changed its academic system from the semester system to the choice-based credit system.
Center for Computer Studies
The Center for Computer Studies (CCS) originates in a Computer Centre established in 1976, which taught a "Six-month Certificate Course on Computer Programming". In 2004 it was upgraded to the Centre for Computer Studies and started "Post-Graduate Diploma in Computer Application (PGDCA)". BCA was introduced in July 2004 and MCA and B.Sc IT in January and July 2007. The center has three computer laboratories as well as its own library.
CCS is affiliated to All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) and Computer Society of India (CSI). It is also an accredited study centre for Indira Gandhi National Open University and is accredited for the Department of Electronics and Accreditation of Computer Classes ’O’ level course.
Admission to CCS is based on a state level Common Admission Test (CAT). Candidates are then called for a personal interview, counseling and admission. In addition, some programmes have requirements for passing 10+2 level with mathematics and/or physics at some threshold mark in aggregate.
Dibrugarh University Institute of Engineering and Technology
The Dibrugarh University Institute of Engineering and Technology (DUIET) was established in 2009 as a constituent institute and an integral part the university. The institute was established with due approval from the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), New Delhi and necessary permission from the Assam state government.
The first session of the institute commenced in August 2009 with an intake capacity of 60 in each of the following disciplines to a B. Tech. degree:
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Petroleum Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
DUIET is located in the Dibrugarh University campus. It has excellent infrastructure and facilities. The administration of DUIET is headed by Prof. M.C.Bora who is the institute director.
Centre for Management Studies
The Centre for Management Studies (CMSDU) is a management school that is part of Dibrugarh University. It started functioning on February 3, 2003, with the first batch holding only Master of Business Administration (MBA) students. The three – year Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) and the 3 – year MBA (Part Time) classes started in 2004. 2006 saw the launch of the one – year PGDTM (Post Graduate Diploma in Tourism Management) Program. It is also running a Ph.D. program.
Centre for Juridical Studies
The Centre for juridical studies is a centre of Dibrugarh University that imparts undergraduate legal education.The Centre was established in the year 2006. The Centre runs courses like BA LL.B, BA LL.B (H). The centre has decided to run LL.M. course with specialisation on administrative law from the academic year 2012-13.
- AUXESIS: The annual techno cultural management festival of the oldest eastern most university of India is 'AUXESIS'. The name itself suggests growth and amplification. Envisaging of becoming the biggest techno-cultural-management fest ever in North-Eastern India, Dibrugarh University Institute Of Engineering And Technology,DIBRUGARH UNIVERSITY,presents AUXESIS, which aligns itself to the fast paced continuously changing world. The motto “imagine, innovate, create” stands out for the pulsating mind, nurturing innovations inspired by its imagination and resulting in creation; creation that lays the foundation of advancement & sows the seeds of scientific growth.
Objectives of Auxesis:
1. To promote and cultivate the spirit of competitiveness by organizing quality and contemporary competitions. 2. To showcase talents of budding technocrats from various institutes from all over the country 3. To increase our social bondage with the society by taking various initiatives and promoting themes for social causes. 4. To organize various workshops to incorporate real time working experience. 5. To organize industrial conclaves and let the student community know what it takes to work in an industry and the behind stories of the pioneers. 6. To organize internship programmes in collaborations with leading companies of the country and abroad. 7. To organize a lecture series in which pioneers and innovators from the country and abroad will interact with the student community. 8. To bring latest technologies to the region on the form of competitions and industrial conclaves.
Events in Auxesis:
Technical:- * Anatricks * Autobotz * Bytes & Bugs * Junkyard Wars * Monographize * Sharpshooter * Unknot Da Crime
* Robosoccer * I Construct * Robossault * Mongonel * Circuit Switch * Scratch Your Brain
Management:- * Projectile * Stratz * Premier League
Creativity:- * Digital Ambience * Heptahues * Imprints * Canvas * Auxophos * Renaissance * Filmy * Eros Script
Adroit Ve:- * Counter Strike 1.6 * NFS MW * FIFA * DotA
Symposium:- * Warwordz
Brain Stroming:- * Open Quiz
Cultural:- * Cultural Exchange * What's Your Talent * You Are The Best * Classical Fusion * Kallistia * Ransack * Cultural Nite
School Module:- * Voices * Inquizon * Dream Dibrugarh * Sci-Raffle * Innovation
Specials:- * Bioscope * Step Up * Step Over * Hattrick * Industrial Enclave
Lecture Series:- * Technical * Motivational * Entrepreneurship
For more information, please visit:- www.auxesis.duiet.org
The university is in Rajabheta, about five kilometers south of the premier Dibrugarh town (New Market) and at the centre of the city of Dibrugarh, 10 km away from Lepetkata.
The Dibrugarh University campus is well-linked by roads, railways, air transport and waterways. National Highway No. 37 passes through the campus. The territorial jurisdiction of Dibrugarh University covers seven districts of Upper Assam: Dibrugarh, Tinsukia, Sibsagar, Jorhat, Golaghat, Dhemaji and Lakhimpur. It has 140 affiliated colleges. The campus extends over more than 500 acres (2.0 km2) of which 60 acres (240,000 m2) are tea plantations.
The Dibrugarh district is well known for its vast mineral resources (including oil, natural gas and coal), flora and fauna and many tea plantations. The diverse tribes with their distinct dialects, customs, traditions and culture make this area attractive to students of anthropology and sociology, art and culture.
- Dibrugarh University Official homepage
- Dibrugarh University Institute of Engineering and Technology Website
- AUXESIS Official Website