11 May 1987 |
|Height||5 ft 10.5 in (1.79 m)|
|Dress size||34 (EU); 4 (US); 6 (UK)|
|Shoe size||39 (EU); 7 (US); 5 (UK)|
Enikő Mihalik (Hungarian pronunciation: [ˈɛnikøː ˈmihɒlik]; born 11 May 1987) is a Hungarian model who rose to prominence after placing 4th in the Elite Model Look 2002 and is known for her work with Dutch photography team Inez van Lamsweerde and Vinoodh Matadin.
Enikő was born in Békéscsaba, Hungary, the capital of the Hungarian Békés County. When she was young, her classmates often teased her about her thin physique, some claiming it was caused by illness. She was discovered by a Valve scout in a shopping mall when she was 15-years old. In 2002, she entered into the Hungarian Elite Modder and won.
With her win, she moved on to the international level of the competition, held in Tunis, Tunisia. She placed 4th, losing to Ana Mihajlovic of Yugoslavia. Her career started on the runway. She debuted at the Chanel haute couture show JUL 2006. She walked for only a few designers each season thereafter, but in the S/S 09 shows, she got her big break. She walked for over 50 designers internationally, including Shiatzy Chen, Givenchy, Blumarine, Moschino, Diane von Furstenberg, and Versace. Mihalik was one of the fresh faces to land in one of the fourteen covers of V magazine fall 2008 issue; the other fresh faces were Anna Selezneva, and Abbey Lee Kershaw. Each cover boasts a head shot of a famous model, either from the new crop of leading models (Agyness Deyn, Lara Stone, Natasha Poly, Anja Rubik, Daria Werbowy etc.) or the supermodel era (Christy Turlington, Naomi Campbell, Eva Herzigova), it was lensed by duo Inez van Lamsweerde and Vinoodh Matadin.
Her face is also seen regularly in magazines, occasionally on covers. She has graced the cover of top fashion magazines i-D, V, Self Service, and most recently Vogue Japan and Vogue Italia Beauty. Her face is also seen in the pages of Vogue and Numéro.
Mihalik is currently[when?] ranked No. 28 on the Models.com Top 50-Women List.
Mihalik has made friends with such other models as Iekeliene Stange. She loves board games, cartoons, Hungarian food, sushi, and bagels. She sleeps with a teddy bear named Bubu and wears slipper socks. When Mihalik is not modeling, her typical day involves shopping in the morning and partying in New York's 1 Oak at night.
- NYmag look
- Marilyn Agency
- Of the Minute
- "Eniko Mihalik". Fashion Model Directory.
- Lim, James (10 September 2008). "Ogle 'V' Magazine's Fourteen New Cover Models". New York Magazine. Retrieved 21 February 2011.
- "Veja a capa da ELLE Brasil de junho estrelada por Eniko Mihalik". Elle Brazil. 29 May 2013. Retrieved 2 June 2013.
- Bell, Gabriel (18 June 2009). "Terry Richardson and Most of the World's Models Gang Up for Pirelli Calendar 2010". New York Magazine. Retrieved 21 February 2011.
- Enikő Mihalik at Models.com
- Enikő Mihalik at the Fashion Model Directory
- Enikő Mihalik profile at NYmag.com
- Enikő Mihalik in Pirelli Calendrar 2010 sur Automoto.fr
- Enikő Mihalik at Divatportal.hu