Findlay Township, Allegheny County, Pennsylvania
|Findlay Township, Pennsylvania|
Aerial view looking southwest over Route 576
Location in Allegheny County and state of Pennsylvania
|• Type||Board of Supervisors|
|• Total||32.6 sq mi (84.4 km2)|
|• Land||32.6 sq mi (84.4 km2)|
|Elevation||1,125 ft (343 m)|
|• Density||155.2/sq mi (60.0/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|ZIP code||15026, 15071, 15108, 15126|
According to the United States Census Bureau, the township has a total area of 32.6 square miles (84 km2), all of it land.
As of the census of 2000, there were 5,145 people, 2,028 households, and 1,460 families residing in the township. The population density was 157.9 people per square mile (61.0/km²). There were 2,128 housing units at an average density of 65.3/sq mi (25.2/km²). The racial makeup of the township was 96.17% White, 1.63% African American, 0.14% Native American, 1.11% Asian, 0.08% from other races, and 0.87% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 0.56% of the population.
There were 2,028 households out of which 35.0% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 58.6% were married couples living together, 9.7% had a female householder with no husband present, and 28.0% were non-families. 23.9% of all households were made up of individuals and 8.2% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.53 and the average family size was 3.03.
In the township the population was spread out with 25.7% under the age of 18, 5.9% from 18 to 24, 34.0% from 25 to 44, 23.7% from 45 to 64, and 10.7% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 37 years. For every 100 females there were 96.4 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 91.6 males.
The median income for a household in the township was $47,484, and the median income for a family was $55,930. Males had a median income of $40,173 versus $27,045 for females. The per capita income for the township was $21,417. About 4.8% of families and 5.2% of the population were below the poverty line, including 6.4% of those under age 18 and 10.9% of those age 65 or over.
Dick's Sporting Goods is headquartered in Findlay.
West Allegheny School District serves the township.
- "Race, Hispanic or Latino, Age, and Housing Occupancy: 2010 Census Redistricting Data (Public Law 94-171) Summary File (QT-PL), Findlay township, Allegheny County, Pennsylvania". U.S. Census Bureau, American FactFinder 2. Retrieved September 27, 2011.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Block, John Robinson; Shribman, David (2014-08-15). "Introducing the new Post-Gazette". post-gazette.com. Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. Retrieved 2014-09-19.
- "World Airline Directory." Flight International. March 30-April 5, 2004. 40.
- Davis, Christopher. "MidAtlantic has 40 employees here, though carrier's HQ still up in the air." Pittsburgh Business Times. Friday August 15, 2003. Retrieved on January 9, 2010.
- "Raising a ruckus over RIDC", Pittsburgh Post-Gazette (Pittsburgh, PA), February 25, 1991
- Shropshire, Corilyn (August 3, 2004), "Roofing firm plans to stay, add workers", Pittsburgh Post-Gazette (Pittsburgh, PA)