Gabriele Zimmer (called Gabi; born 7 May 1955 in Berlin, GDR) is a German socialist politician.
She has been a member of the East German communist party, the Socialist Unity Party of Germany (SED) and its successors, continuously since 1981. The party was renamed SED-PDS in 1989, PDS in 1990, Die Linkspartei.PDS in 2005 and Die Linke in 2007. She was chairwoman of then-PDS from 2000 to 2003. From 1990 to 1998, she was chairwoman of the PDS at the regional level in Thuringia. Since October 1990 she has been a member of the regional Parliament in Thuringia.
Other political functions:
- 1990-1998 Chairperson of PDS in Thuringia
- Since 1995 Member of the PDS Executive Board
- 1996–2000 Vice Chairwoman of PDS
- 1999–2000 Chairwoman of PDS in the Thuringian Parliament
- 2000–03 Chairwoman of PDS
- Since 2004 Member of the European Parliament