Hattiesburg metropolitan area
The Hattiesburg Metropolitan Statistical Area is a metropolitan area in southeastern Mississippi that covers three counties - Forrest, Lamar, and Perry. As of the 2000 census, the MSA had a population of 123,812 (though a July 1, 2009 estimate placed the population at 143,093).
 Cities and towns
 Census-designated places
 Unincorporated places
As of the census of 2000, there were 123,812 people, 45,999 households, and 31,372 families residing within the MSA. The racial makeup of the MSA was 72.13% White, 25.96% African American, 0.20% Native American, 0.65% Asian, 0.02% Pacific Islander, 0.36% from other races, and 0.69% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 1.18% of the population.
The median income for a household in the MSA was $30,746, and the median income for a family was $37,731. Males had a median income of $30,221 versus $20,464 for females. The per capita income for the MSA was $15,615.
 See also
- Mississippi census statistical areas
- List of metropolitan areas in Mississippi
- List of micropolitan areas in Mississippi
- List of cities in Mississippi
- List of towns and villages in Mississippi
- List of census-designated places in Mississippi
- List of United States metropolitan areas
- "Table 1. Annual Estimates of the Population of Metropolitan and Micropolitan Statistical Areas: April 1, 2000 to July 1, 2009 (CBSA-EST2009-01)" (CSV). 2009 Population Estimates. United States Census Bureau, Population Division. 2010-03-23. Retrieved 2010-03-25.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
|This Mississippi-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|