|• Administrative body||Edmonton City Council|
|• Councillor||Ben Henderson|
|• Total||0.66 km2 (0.25 sq mi)|
|Elevation||669 m (2,195 ft)|
|• Density||2,693.9/km2 (6,977/sq mi)|
|• Change (2009–12)||-0.4%|
According to the 2001 federal census, just over half (56.1%) of the residences in the neighbourhood were built between the end of World War II and 1960. Another one in four (23.5%) were built between 1961 and 1980. There is some comparatively recent residential construction in the neighbourhood with just over one in ten residences (11.8%) of residences being built in the last half of the 1990s.
Just over half the residences in the neighbourhood (56%) are single-family dwellings. Another four in ten (39%) are apartments and apartment style condominiums. Three out of four apartments are in low-rise buildings with fewer than five stories, with the remainder being in buildings with five or more stories. The remaining 4% of residences are duplexes. Just over half of residences (56%) are owner-occupied, with the remaining residences being rented.
The neighbourhood population is somewhat mobile. According to the 2005 municipal census, just over one in eight residents (15.4%) had moved within the previous year. Another one in five (18.5%) had moved within the preceding one to three years. At the same time, just over half of residents (52.7%) had lived at the same address for at least five years.
There are two schools in the neighbourhood—Idylwylde Elementary School and L'Academie Vimy Ridge Academy.
The neighbourhood is bounded on the south by Whyte Avenue, on the north by 90 Avenue, on the west by 83 Street and on the east by 75 Street.
In the City of Edmonton's 2012 municipal census, Idylwylde had a population of  a -0.4% change from its 2009 population of 1,785. With a land area of 0.66 km2 (0.25 sq mi), it had a population density of 2,693.9 people/km2 in 2012.1,778 living in 997 dwellings,
|King Edward Park||King Edward Park||King Edward Park|
- "City of Edmonton Wards & Standard Neighbourhoods". City of Edmonton. Retrieved February 13, 2013.
- "Edmonton Developing and Planned Neighbourhoods, 2011". City of Edmonton. Retrieved February 13, 2013.
- "City Councillors". City of Edmonton. Retrieved February 13, 2013.
- "Neighbourhoods (data plus kml file)". City of Edmonton. Retrieved February 13, 2013.
- "Municipal Census Results – Edmonton 2012 Census". City of Edmonton. Retrieved February 22, 2013.
- Duplexes include triplexes and quadruplexes.
- "2009 Municipal Census Results". City of Edmonton. Retrieved February 22, 2013.