InterContinental San Francisco
|InterContinental San Francisco|
|Address||888 Howard Street
San Francisco, California
|Opening||3 February 2008|
|Management||InterContinental Hotels Group|
|Height||103.63 m (340 ft)|
|Floor area||564,614 sq ft (52,454.4 m2)|
|Design and construction|
|Architect||Patri Merker Architects
Hornberger + Worstell
Continental Development Corporation
|Number of rooms||554|
|Number of suites||14|
|Number of restaurants||Bar 888
Luce Restaurant and Bar
|Parking||180 (valet only)|
The InterContinental San Francisco is a high-rise hotel at 888 Howard Street in the financial district of San Francisco, California. The 103.63 m (340 ft) 32-story hotel has 550 hotel rooms, and is operated by the InterContinental Hotels Group. The hotel is next to the Moscone West Center, completed in 2003. The hotel opened on February 28, 2008. There is a two-level underground garage and a six-floor podium housing hotel amenities.
The US$200 million hotel was designed by Patri Merker Architects, and Hornberger + Worstell with Webcor Builders as primary contractors. At night, the tower's southern facade is illuminated, lighting the corner of Howard and 5th Streets, and is visible throughout the city and from miles away. The curtain wall system consists of glass and metal panels. A restaurant is located at street level and a full service spa and health club including a swimming pool is located on the sixth floor. A series of terraces provides open space areas, outdoor activities and separation from adjacent buildings allowing natural light and ventilation to reach the north side of the building. The building, with its 550 rooms, is the largest hotel to open in San Francisco since the 1,500 room San Francisco Marriott inaugurated in 1989. With the InterContinental open, the hotel operator will now apply for LEED Certification. The InterContinental San Francisco received an Award of Merit in the Hospitality category of the Best of 2008 Awards from California Construction.
The hotel offers fine dining, standard cafe and the bar services from The InterContinental Restaurant and Bar, Luce, and Bar 888.
Other amenities include two health and fitness centers (one off-site), an indoor lap pool, jacuzzi, full service spa, a business center, and permit pets in some rooms. The conference center contains two large ballrooms, an executive board room and 27 meeting rooms.
- Four Seasons Hotel
- W Hotel San Francisco
- St. Regis Museum Tower
- InterContinental Mark Hopkins San Francisco
- List of tallest buildings in San Francisco
- Sarah Duxbury (2008-02-08). "$200M Hotel Joins Inn Crowd InterContinental Boosts SoMa". The San Francisco Business Times. Retrieved 21 August 2010.
- InterContinental San Francisco at Emporis
- InterContinental San Francisco at SkyscraperPage
- InterContinental San Francisco at Structurae
- "Continental Development Corporation Building a 550 room InterContinental Hotel Near San Francisco's Moscone Convention Center". Hotel-online. Retrieved 2007-09-26.
- David Armstrong (August 25, 2007). "InterContinental readies new hotel for downtown San Francisco". The San Francisco Chronicle. Retrieved 21 August 2010.
- "InterContinental San Francisco, California". Webcor Builders. Retrieved 21 August 2010.