John Mathews (theologian)
18 December 1952|
|Parents||Father: Samuel Mathews|
|Church||Indian (Malankara) Orthodox Church|
|Title||Reverend Father Doctor|
John Mathews is the Secretary of the St.Thomas Orthodox Vaideeka Sangam, the Association of all Priests of the Malankara Orthodox Syrian Church as well as the publisher of Purohithar, a magazine published by the St. Thomas Orthodox Theological Group from Kottayam. He is the Co-Secretary of the joint commission between the Catholic Church and the Malankara Orthodox Syrian Church.
He teaches New Testament at the Orthodox Theological Seminary in Kottayam. He pursued doctoral studies in New Testament at the Fordham University, New York City. His doctoral dissertation was titled The Spirit-Paraclete in the testament of Jesus according to Saint John's Gospel. He was President of the Society for Biblical Studies in India from 2002 to 2004.
- Malankara Orthodox Church. List of Candidates for Bishopric
- John Mathews, The Ecumenical Ideal and the New Testament Reality, Volume 114, National Council of Churches Review, Nagpur, 1994. 
- "7 priests elected as Metropolitans". Express Buzz (The New Indian Express Group). 18 February 2010. Retrieved 7 March 2010.
- Malankara Orthodox Syrian Church. List of Organisations
- Indian Orthodox Mercy Fellowship, Kuwait. List of Publications
- Centro Pro Unione. 
- Orthodox Theological Seminary, Kottayam
- John Mathews, The Spirit-Paraclete in the testament of Jesus according to Saint John's Gospel, (1 January 1993). ETD Collection for Fordham University. Paper AAI9313766. 
- Further reading
- National Council of Churches in India (2006). "National Council of Churches Review" 126.
- Aloysius Xavier (Edited) (1994). "Indian Theological Studies" 31.