The Pentecostal Mission
The Pentecostal Mission (TPM) or New Testament Church (NTC) formerly known as Ceylon Pentecostal Mission (CPM), is a pentecostal denomination which originated in Ceylon, now Sri Lanka. In some countries, the church is known under slightly different names. The international headquarters is now situated in Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India. It has around 2,500,000 members worldwide over 65 nations. This mission was founded in Colombo, Sri Lanka in 1923 by a Hindu convert, Ramankutty - later known as Pastor Paul. It now has churches (or Faith Homes) in many parts of Sri Lanka, as well as India, Nepal, Malaysia, USA, Canada, Europe, Africa, Singapore, Hong Kong, Australia, France, New Zealand, the Caribbean Islands and the Middle East.
Worldwide, there are branches in Brazil, Ecuador, Zambia, Rwanda, Guinea, Zimbabwe, Cameroon, Mauritius, Jamaica, Seychelles, Dominican Republic, Haiti, Guadeloupe, Nicaragua, South Africa, Gambia, Ivory Coast, Honduras and Dubai.
The church was founded by Ramankutty - later known as Pastor Paul - along with Alwin R. de Alwis. Paul was born to Hindu parents in the district of Trichur in Kerala, India. While in Sri Lanka, at the age of 18, he became a Christian. He later felt a strong calling from the Lord Jesus Christ for his life and began to preach and share the Christian gospel in various parts of Kerala, Tamil Nadu and Sri Lanka. It was through his service that the church was founded in 1923. Even after the passing away of Paul, the church has continued to exponentially grow and is now thought to be one of the world’s largest pentecostal denominations with 25,00,000 members worldwide over all nations.
The church is led by a Chief Pastor, who is usually appointed for life. In addition, there is a Deputy Chief Pastor and an Associate Deputy Chief Pastor. Leadership is passed down after death to the next in seniority.
The current office holders are:
- Wilson Joseph (Chief Pastor): 2006–present
- Wesley Peter (Deputy Chief Pastor): 2006–present
- Stephen Natarajan (Associate Deputy Chief Pastor): 2011–present
Doctrines and teachings
The doctrines of the church include: Trinity, New Birth (being born again), Water Baptism, Baptism of the Holy Spirit as evidenced by speaking in unknown tongues, Separation, Divine Healing, Entire Sanctification (of the Body, Soul and Spirit), Overcoming Life, Consecrated Ministry, Rapture, Tribulation and Great Tribulation, Resurrection, The Millennial Reign, The Great White Throne Judgement, and Eternity.
In other parts of the world, the church is known by the following names:
- The Pentecostal Mission (TPM) - India (International HQ in Irumbuliyur Chennai, India)
- New Testament Church (NTC) - United States (HQ in Newark, New Jersey)
- Universal Pentecostal Church (UPC) - Great Britain (HQ in Brixton, London)
- Ceylon Pentecostal Mission (CPM) - Sri Lanka (HQ in Mattakuliya, Sri Lanka)
- Église de Pentecote Primitive – France
- Grace New Covenant Pentecostal Church – Canada
- New Testament Church – Trinidad & Tobago
- Iglesia Communion Cristiana – Puerto Rico
- Iglesia Communion Cristiana – Dominican Republic
- New Testament Church – Sierra Leone
- New Covenant Pentecostal Church – Australia
- New Testament Church - New Zealand
- New Testament Church– Papua New Guinea
- New Testament Church – Nepal
- New Covenant Pentecostal Church – Fiji
- Iglesia del Nueva Testamento – Mexico
- Iglesia Communion Cristiana – El Salvador
- Iglesia Communion Cristiana – Costa Rica
- New Testament Church - Kenya
- Christliche Gnaden Gemeinde – Switzerland
- Neue Testament Kirche – Germany
- The Universal Pentecostal Church - Nigeria
- The Pentecostal Church of Malaysia - Malaysia
- The Pentecostal Church of Singapore - Singapore
- New Testament Church - Middle East (Dubai, UAE)
- New Testament Pentecostal Mission - Uganda
- New Covenant Pentecostal Church - Philippines
- Universal Pentecostal Church - Hongkong
- New Testament Mission - Cyprus
- Deeper Truth Pentecostal Mission - Ghana
- Iglesia Communion Cristiana - Colombia
- Iglesia Del Nuevo Testamento - Democratic Republic of the Congo
- Église Universelle De Pentecote Primitive - Republic of the Congo
- New Testament Ministries - Malawi
- New Testament Church - Tanzania
- Église Pentecostiste Lagrace - Togo
- New Testament Church - Abu Dhabi( UAE Capital City)
- New Testament Church - Oman
- New Testament Church - Bahrain
- New Testament Church - Qatar
- New Testament Church - Kuwait
- Ny Testamente Menighed - Denmark
- Universal Pentecostal Church - Republic Of Ireland
- Chiesa del Nuovo Testamento - Italy
A list of upcoming conventions are available on the homepage of Doctrine of Truth.
The International Convention in India takes place in the month of March, the Convention of the United States in July and the International Convention of Sri Lanka in December. The European convention is held in London in the last week of August.
Other significant conventions include Malaysia (June), Singapore (June), Canada (July), Trinidad (July), ElSalvador (July), Germany (July), Switzerland (August), Sierra Leone (August), France (August), Papua New Guinea (September), Fiji (September), New Zealand (September), Australia (September), Nepal (October) and in Dubai - UAE (November).
In November of every year, an International Youth Camp is held at Irumbuliyur in Chennai, India.
Magazines in several languages are printed and distributed to subscribers. The English magazine published from India is called The Voice of Pentecost. Pilgrim's Journal is published and printed in USA. Other English magazines are: "Pentecostal Messenger" from Malaysia, "The Youth Herald" from Singapore, "Power Divine" from Sri Lanka and "Trumpet of the Lord" from the UK.
Malayalam magazine PENTECOST is one of the oldest Pentecostal magazines from Kerala. Hindi edition PENTECOST KI WANI published from New Delhi and PENTECOSTI-CHI VAANI from Mumbai are also other landmark in the history of Church to spread the Gospel to northern part of India. Church Magazines are Being published in more than 40 Indian languages and many other foreign languages.
New Testament Christian Academy
Missions Education Fund (MEF)
Missions Education Fund (MEF) was founded in May 2007. MEF is 100% Christian Charitable Organization that helps children from economic, social and physical poverty to receive education and enable them to become responsible, mature Christian adults. This education sponsorship program is administered and managed by volunteers and headquartered in Toronto, Canada.
Today, MEF has helped over 1000 children attend school in 19 countries including Sierra Leone, Togo, Congo, Ivory Coast, Ghana, Nigeria, Malawi, Kenya, Uganda, El Salvador, Nicaragua, Honduras, Colombia, Dominican Republic, Haiti, Mexico, Jamaica and Papua New Guinea.
Tracts of different kinds and various life issues (topics such as peace, salvation; questions about life and healings) are also published in different languages.
Many books are published in many languages by the church.The doctrines told on the books are of depth and helps believers to prepare for the second coming of Jesus Christ. The books tells in detail about Salvation, Water Baptism, Divine healing, Life of Separation etc.,
- [dead link]
- [dead link]
- "DoT | About". Doctrineoftruth.com. Retrieved 2013-10-19.
- "Pentecost Voice: Late Pastor Paul'S Funeral Photo & Last Sermon". Voiceofpentecost.blogspot.com. 2010-04-21. Retrieved 2013-10-19.
- "Oral Roberts". Futurliner.com. Retrieved 2013-10-19.
- "PENTECOST VOICE: Basic Doctrines of Christ". Voiceofpentecost.blogspot.com. 2008-10-28. Retrieved 2013-10-19.
- "Universal Pentecostal Church, Brixton (Greater London)". Find a Church. Retrieved 2013-10-19.
- "Doctrine of Truth". Doctrine of Truth. Retrieved 2013-10-19.
- Doctrine of Truth: Hundreds of TPM Messages
- The Pentecostal Mission Media
- Pentecost Voice
- Cheranmahadevi TPM Church
- TPM Nagercoil
- Audio sermons
- Some TPM Songs
- Addresses of TPM church locations in Mumbai
- List of TPM leaders approved by a college for minority certification
- Testimony of the TPM founder Pastor Paul (or Raman Kutty, as he was called before becoming a christian)