16 May 1982
Seoul, South Korea
|Alma mater||Kyonggi University (majoring in acting)|
Universal D (Japan)
|Height||1.88 m (6 ft 2 in)|
|Partner(s)||Son Ga-In (2014-present)|
|Revised Romanization||Ju Ji-hun|
Ju Ji-hoon (Hangul: 주지훈; also romanized as Joo Ji-hoon; born May 16, 1982) is a South Korean actor. His first leading role was as Crown Prince Lee Shin in 2006 television series Princess Hours. His other notable works include films Antique in 2008 and as the future Sejong the Great in I Am a King in 2012.
In 2003, Ju debuted as a model, in advertisements for clothing brands such as Calvin Klein, Levi's and Reebok. He won many awards for modeling. Before entering the entertainment industry, he studied at Tongwon College, majoring in e-Business.
2006–2008: Acting debut and recognition
Ju's debut drama was Old Love, but it was in 2006's Princess Hours, based on the manhwa Goong, that he was recognized as an actor, for which he won Best New Actor at the MBC Drama Awards. In the drama he starred alongside former Baby V.O.X. member Yoon Eun-hye and UN member Kim Jeong-hoon.
In March 2007, Ju starred in KBS2 revenge drama The Devil, opposite Uhm Tae-woong and Shin Min-a. In it he portrayed a lawyer; he reportedly lost 5 kg by eating only chicken and exercising three times a day. Ju received the New Asian Star of 2007 along with six other Asian actors at the 1st Astar TV Drama Awards, held on March 30 at the COEX Convention & Exhibition Center in Seoul. According to Astar TV they were chosen for their "high recognition in their respective countries, their celebrity status, and potential to emerge as top Asian stars."
Ju's movie debut was in Antique, based on manga Antique Bakery, released in 2008. He played the role of a bakery owner, along with Kim Jae-wook, Yoo Ah-in and Choi Ji-ho. The film was invited to the 59th Berlin International Film Festival.
2009: Drug scandal
On April 27, 2009, Ju was arrested by Seoul Metropolitan Police on drug charges. He was arrested along with 15 people and an actress identified as Yoon on suspicion of supplying ecstasy. On June 23, 2009, Ju pleaded guilty in court to drug use of ecstasy and ketamine. He was sentenced to six months of jail time, suspended for one year, 120 hours of community service, and a fine of ₩360,000. The judge explained, "The nature of the crime is by no means light. However, he has reflected deeply on the crime and has not taken any drugs since the time a year and two months ago. Also, many fans from within the country and from overseas have appealed for an appropriate handling of the matter and sent petitions." Ju's lawyer also stated, "Of course he must accept the price of his crime, but wrong information kept coming out and exaggerated him as a habitual user, and some of it was unfair."
2010: Military service
On February 2, 2010, Ju enlisted in the Republic of Korea Army to serve his mandatory military service for five weeks of basic training at 306th draft in Uijeongbu of Gyeonggi Province, followed by active duty with the reserve forces.
In August, Ju co-starred with fellow actor Lee Joon-gi in the military musical Voyage of Life. The musical, to commemorate the 60th anniversary of the Korean War, was co-produced by the Ministry of National Defense and Korea Musical Theatre Association. It ran from August 21 to 29 at the National Theater of Korea. Ju was discharged on November 21, 2011.
2011–present: KeyEast Entertainment and comeback
Ju's comeback project was to be the starring role of physician and poet Yuri Zhivago in the musical Doctor Zhivago in January 2012. However he dropped out of it two weeks before the opening, due to injury to his vocal cords, and was advised by doctors to rest them.
In August, Ju made his comeback in the period comedy film I Am a King. Inspired by The Prince and the Pauper, Ju played the dual role of Grand Prince Choong-nyung and the slave Deok-chil, in a fictional period before the prince becomes King Sejong the Great. This was followed by his starring role as pianist Yoo Ji-ho in the television melodrama Five Fingers, broadcast from August to November 2012. and MBC television series Medical Top Team 
Ju will make his film debut in China in Love Suspicion, a melodrama/thriller which centers on two sisters who fall in love with the same man.
|2009||The Naked Kitchen||Park Du-re|
|2012||I Am a King||Yi Do|
|2014||Chinese Film: Love Suspicion|
|2006||Princess Hours||Crown Prince Lee Shin(first lead role)||MBC-TV|
|2007||The Devil||Oh Seung Ha(first lead role)||KBS2|
|2012||Five Fingers||Yoo Ji Ho(first lead role)||SBS|
|2013||Medical Top Team||Han Seung Jae(lead role)||MBC-TV|
|2014||Running Man||Himself ep 202-203||SBS|
|2014||Fxxk U||Gain ft. Bumkey|
- 2004 Korea Best Dresser Swan Awards: Best Male Model
- 2005 Style Magazine: Most Stylish Male Model
- 2005 The Photographers' Association: Best Male Model
- 2005 Korea Best Dresser Swan Awards: Best Male Model
- 2006 MBC Drama Awards: Best New Actor (Princess Hours)
- 2008 Asia Model Festival Awards: Star Prize
- 2009 Baeksang Arts Awards: Popularity Award (Antique)
- 2013 APAN Star Awards: Popularity Award (Five Fingers)
- "Ju Ji Hoon Biography". JuJiHoon.com. 2011. Retrieved 2011-08-06.
- "Ju Ji-hoon Selected New Asian Star of 2007". KBS Global. Retrieved 2007-07-05.
- "6 Korean Films to Screen at Berlin Festival". The Chosun Ilbo. 30 January 2009. Retrieved 2012-11-28.
- "Movie Star Booked on Drug Charges". The Chosun Ilbo. 28 April 2009. Retrieved 2012-12-10.
- Kang, Seung-hun (14 January 2010). "Joo Ji-hoon to enter military next month". 10Asia. Retrieved 2012-12-10.
- Yun, Tae-hui (2 February 2010). "Actor Joo Ji-hoon enters military". 10Asia. Retrieved 2012-12-10.
- Jang, Kyung-Jin (3 August 2010). "Lee Jun-ki says "depressed about Joo Ji-hoon turning first private today" (2)". 10Asia. Retrieved 2012-12-10.
- Lee, Jin-hyuk (3 August 2010). "Joo Ji-hoon attends Voyage of Life press conference". 10Asia. Retrieved 2012-12-10.
- Hong, Lucia (11 November 2011). "Ju Ji-hoon to be discharged from military next week". 10Asia. Retrieved 2012-12-10.
- "Actor Joo Ji-hoon salutes his fans after completing his mandatory military service in Seoul on Monday". The Chosun Ilbo. 22 November 2011. Retrieved 2012-12-10.
- Kim, Heidi (5 January 2011). "Actor Joo Ji-hoon signs with Bae Yong-joon agency". 10Asia. Retrieved 2012-12-10.
- Lee, InKyung (7 March 2012). "Why are Actor Agencies Going the Idol Way?". enewsWorld. CJ E&M. Retrieved 2012-12-10.
- "Palace actor returns with starring role in ‘Dr. Zhivago’ musical". Korea JoongAng Daily. 1 December 2010. Retrieved 2012-12-10.
- Kim, Jessica (18 November 2011). "Ju Ji-hoon selects musical as comeback project". 10Asia. Retrieved 2012-12-10.
- Sunwoo, Carla (10 January 2012). "Actor Ju Ji-hoon drops out of Doctor Zhivago weeks before it opens". Korea JoongAng Daily. Retrieved 2012-12-10.
- Kim, Jessica (10 January 2012). "Ju Ji-hoon steps down from musical Doctor Zhivago". 10Asia. Retrieved 2012-12-10.
- Lee, Jin-ho (21 July 2012). "Joo Ji Hoon Says He'll Dress Up Like a Servant If I Am the King Succeeds". enewsWorld. CJ E&M. Retrieved 2012-12-10.
- Cho, Jae-eun (10 August 2012). "New films plumb obscure Joseon period events ... with a comic twist". Korea JoongAng Daily. Retrieved 2012-11-18.
- Ho, Stewart (13 June 2012). "Joo Ji Hoon to Make Drama Comeback in Five Years; First Since His Drug Scandal". enewsWorld. CJ E&M. Retrieved 2012-12-10.
- Yoon, Hee-seong; Suk, Monica (13 June 2012). "Ju Ji-hoon to return to the small screen, says he is reflecting on himself". 10Asia. Retrieved 2012-12-10.
- "Joo Ji Hoon confirmed for MBC drama Medical Top Team". Allkpop. 25 July 2013. Retrieved 2013-07-26.
- Hong, Grace Danbi (26 July 2013). "Ju Ji Hoon Returns to MBC After 7 Years for Medical Top Team". enewsWorld. Retrieved 2013-07-26.
- Jin, Yong-jin (14 May 2013). "JU Ji-hoon to Make Debut in China". Korean Film Council. Retrieved 2013-05-15.
- "'Brown Eyed Girls' Ga In and actor Joo Ji Hoon revealed to be a couple!". Allkpop. May 9, 2014.
- BEG′s Gain and Joo Ji Hoon Admit to Dating