Kristiansund Airport, Kvernberget
|Kristiansund Airport, Kvernberget
Kristiansund lufthavn, Kvernberget
|IATA: KSU – ICAO: ENKB|
|Elevation AMSL||204 ft / 62 m|
|Location in Møre og Romsdal county|
|Source: Norwegian AIP at Avinor
Statistics from Avinor
Kristiansund Airport, Kvernberget (Norwegian: Kristiansund lufthavn, Kvernberget; IATA: KSU, ICAO: ENKB) is a small size international airport located next to the small mountain Kvernberget, 2 NM (3.7 km; 2.3 mi) east southeast or 5 km (3.1 mi) from the town center of Kristiansund in Møre og Romsdal county, Norway, opened in 1970 and caters to the county's northern district, Nordmøre. The airport served 362,101 passengers in 2009. There is also a heliport at Kvernberget for flying oil industry personnel to/from offshore rigs on the many oil and gas fields off the mid-Norwegian coast.
Kvernberget was opened in 1970 to serve the northern half of the county Møre og Romsdal: Nordmøre and Romsdal. But in 1972 Molde, the capital of Møre and Romsdal, opened its own airport. Originally the airport was served by Braathens S.A.F.E, who kept the domestic monopoly on services to the airport also after the deregulation of the Norwegian airline market. In 2005 it was merged into SAS Braathens.
In 2006 an upgrade of the terminal was completed, and by the end of the year a new duty-free store will be finished. By 2011 the runway will most likely be expanded to 2,000 m (6,562 ft), allowing such aircraft as Airbus A330 and Boeing 767 to land.
Airlines and destinations
|Aegean Airlines||Seasonal Charter: Chania|
|Corendon Airlines||Seasonal Charter: Antalya|
|Croatia Airlines||Seasonal Charter: Split|
|Tailwind Airlines||Seasonal Charter: Antalya|
|Widerøe||Bergen, Florø, Kristiansand-Kjevik, Molde, Stavanger, Trondheim|
|CHC Helikopter Service||Heidrun, Draugen, Åsgard A, Åsgard B, West Alpha, Scarabeo 5, Deep Sea Bergen, Njord, Stril Poseidon|
- "Airport information for ENKB – KRISTIANSUND/Kvernberget.". AIP Norway. Avinor. Retrieved 9 April 2012.
- "Passenger statistics from Avinor" (xls). Avinor. Retrieved 9 April 2012.
- "Aircraft Movement statistics from Avinor" (xls). Avinor. Retrieved 9 April 2012.
- "Cargo statistics from Avinor" (xls). Avinor. Retrieved 9 April 2012.
- "IATA Airport Code Search (KSU: Kristiansand / Kvernberget)". International Air Transport Association. Retrieved 4 December 2012.
- Avinor entry for Kristiansund Airport, Kvernberget
- Avinor entry for Kristiansund lufthavn, Kvernberget (Norwegian) (more detail)
- ENKB – KRISTIANSUND/Kvernberget. AIP and charts from Avinor.
- Aeronautical chart for ENKB at SkyVector