|Private limited company|
|Industry||Construction, Civil Engineering|
|Headquarters||Dartford, United Kingdom|
|Ray O'Rourke KBE
(Group Chief Executive)
|Revenue||£3,574.3 million (2013/14)|
|£60.1 million (2013/14)|
|£41.9 million (2013/14)|
Number of employees
Laing O'Rourke is a multinational construction company headquartered in Dartford, United Kingdom. It was founded in 1978 by Ray O'Rourke. It is the largest privately owned construction company in the UK.
The company was founded by Ray O'Rourke in 1978. It was originally based in East London and was known as R. O'Rourke & Son.
In 2001 R. O'Rourke bought Laing Construction from John Laing plc for £1. Laing's construction business had been making significant losses, in part due to additional costs on the Cardiff Millennium Stadium project. The name of the company was changed to Laing O'Rourke.
In 2004 the company acquired Crown House Engineering, a mechanical & electrical engineering business.
Laing O'Rourke went on to expand its operations in Australia in 2006 when it acquired Barclay Mowlem.
Laing O'Rourke has operations in two major geographic hubs, Europe and Australia. European operations span Abu Dhabi, Canada, Dubai and the United Kingdom. Australian operations cover Australia, Hong Kong, New Zealand and South East Asia  The company operates in building construction, infrastructure construction, investment & development, modular manufacturing, engineering expertise and support services. Its projects span a range of sectors including, building, transport, power, water & utilities, mining & natural resources and oil & gas .
Major projects involving the Company have included;
- Ascot Racecourse, completed in 2007
- London Heathrow Terminal 5, London, UK, completed in 2008
- Darwin Convention Centre, Northern Territory, Australia, completed in 2008
- Kwinana Power Station, Western Australia, completed in 2008
- Atlantis, The Palm, Dubai, UAE, completed in 2009
- Darling Downs Power Station, Queensland, Australia, completed in 2010
- One Hyde Park, London, completed in 2011
- The Francis Crick Institute, London, due for completion in 2013
- London Gateway Port, London, due for completion 2013 
- The Leadenhall Building at 122 Leadenhall Street, London, due for completion in 2014
- London Heathrow Terminal 2 due for completion 2014
- Centre hospitalier de l'Université de Montréal, Canada, due for completion 2016
- Al Raha Beach, Abu Dhabi, UAE, due for completion in 2018
- Hinkley Point C nuclear power station, due for completion circa 2021
- Redevelopment of the Dumfries and Galloway Royal Infirmary, due for completion in 2017
- Redevelopment of the Royal Sussex County Hospital, due for completion 2016
- Redevelopment of the Glan Clwyd Hospital due for completion in 2018
- Laing O’Rourke (7 August 2014). "Annual Review 2014" (PDF). Retrieved 16 September 2014.
- Top 100 construction Companies The Construction Index
- Laing O'Rourke: History
- Laing shares half in value BBC News, 27 September 2001.
- Laing O'Rourke agrees to £17m deal to buy out Crown House Contract Journal, 19 May 2004
- Carillion sells Barclay Mowlem to Laing O'Rourke Australia for £30m Contract Journal, 3 July 2006
- "Where We Work". Laing O’Rourke. Retrieved 16 September 2014.
- "What We Do". Laing O’Rourke. Retrieved 16 September 2014.
- "Our Sectors". Laing O’Rourke. Retrieved 16 September 2014.
- Ascot wins its race to redevelop the course The Times, 11 June 2006
- Queen opens new Heathrow terminal BBC, 14 March 2008
- Darwin Convention Centre
- IAQ Handbook
- UK giant Laing O'Rourke denies ME withdrawal Construction Weekly, 10 June 2010
- What next for Laing O'Rourke? Britain's most secretive contractor Building, 5 November 2010
- O’Rourke wins prized £350m superlab contract Construction Enquirer, 2 March 2011
- Laing O’Rourke begins London Gateway dredging NCE, 17 March 2010
- O’Rourke to start Cheesegrater next month Construction Enquirer, 2 August 2011
- Laing O'Rourke/Ferrovial sign £800m Terminal 2 deal CN Plus, 15 March 2010
- O’Rourke signs £1.27bn deal for Canadian hospital Construction Enquiror, 25 February 2011
- Aldar Al Raha Beach sees first contract Arabian Business, 16 July 2011
- Laing O'Rourke/Bouygues lands £2bn Hinkley nuclear prize Construction News, 19 June 2012
- "Laing O’Rourke and Ryder appointed to build £200m Dumfries Royal Infirmary". Urban Realm. 3 September 2014. Retrieved 12 September 2014.
- "O’Rourke starts work on £420m Brighton hospital". Construction Enquirer. 3 September 2014. Retrieved 28 September 2014.
- "Glan Clwyd Hospital Redevelopment". Premier Construction News. 30 April 2013. Retrieved 21 November 2014.
- Laing O'Rourke website
- Austrak website
- CHt website
- Explore Living
- Redispan website
- Select Plant Hire website
- Vetter website