Loudoun County Commuter Bus
The Loudoun County Commuter Bus, also known as Loudoun County Transit, is a public-transportation service provided by the Loudoun County, Virginia government. The buses operate from Dulles, Leesburg, and Purcellville to Washington Metro stations as well as directly to Rosslyn, Virginia, The Pentagon, and Washington, D.C.. The service is attractive because the buses, unlike normal traffic, are permitted to travel on the express lanes of the Dulles Toll Road. This allows for a shorter trip and also bypasses commuter tolls. The Loudoun County Commuter Bus accepts payment via SmarTrip, a reloadable transit card issued by the Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority.
Loudoun County Transit buses should not be confused with Virginia Regional Transit (VRT) buses, which also serve Loudoun County (among other Virginia counties) and have overlapping bus stops within the county. LC Transit uses long buses (seating around 50) with white and metal trim and display the LC Transit logo (shown above), while VRT buses are short (seating around 15) and have a predominantly white and maroon color scheme, frequently without a logo.
- Purcellville to Rosslyn, the Pentagon and D.C.
- Leesburg to Rosslyn, the Pentagon and D.C.
- Dulles North Transit Center to Rosslyn, the Pentagon and D.C.
- Dulles South to Rosslyn, the Pentagon and D.C.
- Ashburn North to Washington D.C.
- Broad Run Farms, Cascades, Our Lady of Hope, Lowes Island to West Falls Church Metro
- Leesburg and Broadlands to Tysons Corner (branded as Tysons Express)
- Reverse Commuter
- "SmarTrip. More than a smart card. It's pure genius.". Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority. Retrieved 2008-11-21.[dead link]
- Dekatyou. "Loudoun County Transit 71023". Photobucket. Retrieved 2012-05-02.
- "Commuter Bus Service". Loudoun County Government. Retrieved 2012-05-02.
- Dekatyou. "Virginia Regional Transit 197". Photobucket. Retrieved 2012-05-02.
- "Local Bus Service: Virginia Regional Transit". Loudoun County Government. Retrieved 2012-05-02.
- Commuter Bus Service, Loudoun County Government