Treetops (state park)
|Mianus River State Park|
|Connecticut State Park|
|Area||94 acres (38 ha)|
|Website: Friends of Mianus River Park|
Treetops is the former estate of torch singer and actress Libby Holman. It forms the southernmost part of Mianus River Park and is overseen by the Connecticut Department of Environmental Protection as the Mianus River State Park. The larger Mianus River Park, which straddles the border of Stamford and Greenwich, is composed of Treetops (94 acres), Mianus River and Natural Park (110 acres owned by the Town of Greenwich), and Mianus River Park (187 acres owned by the City of Stamford).
In 2001, a successful effort was made by local citizens to save the estate from development. As a result, 94 acres of pristine grounds were preserved as a state park, with a further 11 acres around the Treetops mansion covered by a conservation easement. Many rooms in Holman's mansion have been restored by its current owners. These include the studio of Holman's third husband Louis Schanker, a renowned abstract artist.
- "About Mianus River Park". Friends of Mianus River Park. Retrieved 1 May 2014.
- Day, Harry. "Libby Holman, the SLCT and the Treetops Legacy". History of Treetops State Park. Friends of Mianus River Park. Retrieved 21 June 2011.
- "Louis Schanker". Treetops Chamber Music Society.
- "Treetops CMS History and Mission". Treetops Chamber Music Society.
- Friends of Mianus River Park
- Map Friends of Mianus River Park
- Treetops Chamber Music Society
- Mianus River State Park Connecticut Department of Energy and Environmental Protection