New York Yankees Museum
The New York Yankees Museum presented by Bank of America is a sports museum located at Yankee Stadium on the main level at Gate 6. It is dedicated to baseball memorabilia for the New York Yankees. It is a key attraction at the stadium, which opened in 2009.
A "Ball Wall" features hundreds of balls autographed by past and present Yankees, and there are plans to eventually add autographs for every living player who has played for the Yankees. The Yankees Ball Finder, a touch-screen computer in the museum, allows the viewer to look for Yankees alphabetically to find the location of their ball on the "Ball Wall".
The centerpiece of the museum is a tribute to Don Larsen's perfect game in the 1956 World Series, with a commemorative home plate in the floor and statues of Larsen pitching to Yogi Berra. Along with a facsimile of a current locker from the Yankees' clubhouse, fans can view the locker of the late Thurman Munson, which sat unoccupied in the previous stadium's Yankee clubhouse in honor of Munson.
See also 
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to: New York Yankees Museum|
- "Tour the new House - Pinstripe Pride". Daily News (New York). Retrieved 2009-04-10.[dead link]
- "Brand new start of it: Opening Day at new Yankee Stadium". Usatoday.Com. 2009-04-16. Retrieved 2011-11-14.
- "Bronx president has vision of redeveloped area around Yankee Stadium". Associated Press. February 26, 2003. Retrieved November 14, 2011. (subscription required)
- Dodd, Mike (2009-04-16). "New Yankee Stadium touches all bases, gives nod to history". USA Today.
- "2009 World Series: Roger Clemens gone and forgotten at Yankee Stadium - MLB Playoffs - ESPN". Sports.espn.go.com. 2009-10-28. Retrieved 2011-11-14.
- Lapointe, Joe (2009-04-16). "Berra, at 83: A One-of-a-Kind Common Man". The New York Times.
- Kepner, Tyler (2008-02-05). "So Many Years Later, Munson's Memory Lives On - NYTimes.com". Bats.blogs.nytimes.com. Retrieved 2011-11-14.
- Kepner, Tyler (2009-04-15). "First Pitch at Yankee Stadium? Yogi, of Course - NYTimes.com". Bats.blogs.nytimes.com. Retrieved 2011-11-14.
- "Yankee Stadium Museum opens championship ring exhibition | yankees.com: News". Mlb.mlb.com. 2011-01-01. Retrieved 2011-11-14.
- "Yanks open museum exhibit honoring 'Boss' | yankees.com: News". Mlb.mlb.com. 2011-05-20. Retrieved 2011-11-14.
- "Yankees to Honor George M. Steinbrenner III With New Museum Exhibit | yankees.com: Official Info". Mlb.mlb.com. 2011-05-20. Retrieved 2011-11-14.
- "Historic Derek Jeter to Go on Display in the New York Yankees Museum | yankees.com: Official Info". Mlb.mlb.com. 2011-08-08. Retrieved 2011-11-14.