PC Games (magazine)
|Publisher||Computec Media AG|
|Founder||Oliver Menne and Thomas Borovskis|
|First issue||October 1, 1992|
PC Games is a monthly released PC computer game magazine, published by the Computec Media AG GmbH in Germany. The magazine is one of the best sold PC gaming magazines in Germany, after Computerbild Spiele and Gamestar. In the fourth quarter of 1999, PC Games sold 363,608 issues per month, making it the best sold PC gaming magazin in Germany at this time. However, the number of sold issues declined, and by the fourth quarter of 2011 only 102,032 copies per month were sold.
The magazine has the following content:
- News about the PC gaming community
- Previews of PC games, (games which still are in development)
- Sneak Peeks by invited readers of upcoming games
- Tests (reviews) of lately released or to be released PC games
- A section about freeware and open source games, mods and e-sports.
- Articles about recent personal computer hardware components with regard to computer gaming (e.g. joysticks or computer mouses)
- Articles about important events, that influence the gaming community at large (i.e.: e-sports, censorship, etc.)
- Hints, cheats, modifications and walkthroughs for released games
- A magazine part with letters to the editors etc.
The magazine has about 150 pages, and also includes a DVD (earlier a CD) with drivers, demos, mods and maps. The DVD also usually includes a full retail version of a chosen game.
PC Games is released in several different versions: A magazine version (which does not include any DVDs and is thus cheaper), a "normal" edition, with one DVD in a rated 16 and rated 18 edition, PC Games Extended with 2 DVD's, PC Games Premium with more content and PC Games MMORE (related to MMOGs and mostly World of Warcraft).
Editor-in-chief were from October 1992 to March 1998 Oliver Menne und Thomas Borovskis; and from April 1998 until February 2000 Thomas Borovskis. From March 2000 to June 2001 the magazine was led by Florian Stangl and Petra Fröhlich. From March 2004 on Petra Fröhlich was the sole editor-in-chief.
There also exists a magazine called PC Games Hardware, which solely concentrates on the testing of gaming related Hardware devices.
- IVW quarterly statistics - IVW.eu
- pcgames.de - official homepage