|Original author(s)||Red Hat|
|Stable release||3.12.5 (August 11, 2014[±])|
|Preview release||3.13.90 (August 20, 2014 ) [±]|
Disks (also known as gnome-disk-utility or GNOME Disks or palimpsest) is a udisks graphical front-end included in the gnome-disk-utility package. Disks can be used for partition management, S.M.A.R.T. monitoring, benchmarking, and software RAID (until v. 3.12). An introduction is included in the GNOME Documentation Project.
Disks was previously known as GNOME Disk Utility or palimpsest. Udisks was named DeviceKit-disks in earlier releases. DeviceKit-disks is part of DeviceKit which was planned to replace certain aspects of HAL. HAL and DeviceKit have both been deprecated.
A unique feature of the partition manager is that tasks are executed in the background, even after the application has been closed by the user.
- List of disk partitioning software
- System monitor
- Comparison of S.M.A.R.T. tools
- GParted – Another free software alternative
- Disk utility
- "evolution 3.12.5". GNOME mailing list. 2014-08-11. Retrieved 2014-08-20.
- Peters, Frederic (August 20, 2014). "GNOME 3.13.90". gnome-announce mailing list. https://mail.gnome.org/archives/devel-announce-list/2014-August/msg00002.html. Retrieved August 24, 2014.
- Richard Petersen (December 1, 2010), Fedora 14: Administration and Security, Surfing Turtle Press, pp. 147–, ISBN 978-1-936280-23-0
- "Disk Utility management for GNOME".
- "Storage". Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 Documentation. Redhat. Retrieved 21 December 2011.
- Releases at Freedesktop.org
- Palimpsest Disk Utility Manual at gnome.org
- udisks and gnome-disk-utility - past, present and future by David Zeuthen
- Udisks Improvements at fedoraproject.org
- Devicekit at fedoraproject.org
|This free software–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|