Parliament of Cambodia
|Parliament of Cambodia
since 14 October 2004
Royal nominees (2)
Other nominees (2)
|28 July 2013|
The Parliament of Cambodia (Khmer: សភាតំណាងរាស្ត្រ ព្រះរាជាណាចក្រកម្ពុជា; Rathasaphea ney Preăh Réachéanachâk Kâmpŭchéa) is the bicameral legislature of the Government of Cambodia, consisting of the Senate and the National Assembly. The Parliament is composed of 181 members, 123 MPs and 58 Senators.
Parliament has two chambers.
- The National Assembly of Cambodia (រដ្ឋសភា; Radhsphea) has 123 members, elected for a five-year term by proportional representation.
- The Senate of Cambodia (ព្រឹទ្ធសភា; Protsaphea) has 58 members, two of which are appointed by the king and two others by the National Assembly, and the rest elected by the commune councillors from 24 provinces of Cambodia.
The National Assembly holds legislative power. In addition to the general law-making power, the National Assembly has specific powers regarding the national budget, taxes, administrative accounts, laws on general amnesty, international treaties and conventions, declarations of war, and the formation of the Royal Government.
|Cambodian People's Party||3,235,969||48.83%||68|
|Cambodia National Rescue Party||2,946,176||44.46%||55|
|League for Democracy Party||68,389||1.03%||—|
|Khmer Anti-Poverty Party||43,222||0.65%||—|
|Cambodian Nationality Party||38,123||0.58%||—|
|Khmer Economic Development Party||33,715||0.51%||—|
|Democratic Republican Party||19,152||0.29%||—|
|Total (turnout 68.0%)||6,627,159||123|
|Source: National Election Committee|
- January 29, 2012 Senate Elections Results
|Political Parties||# seats won||# votes estimated|
|Cambodian People's Party||46||8,880|
|Sam Rainsy Party||11||2,503|
- National Assembly website
- Senate website
- National Election Committee
- List of Senators
- Ruling party wins Cambodia poll
|This Cambodia-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|