Sampaloc Municipal Hall
|Motto: Ang Galing ng Sampalukin|
Map of Quezon showing the location of Sampaloc
|Region||CALABARZON (Region IV-A)|
|District||1st District of Quezon|
|• Mayor||Emmanuel Jesus S. Torres|
|• Vice Mayor||Francisco Jr. Abeja|
|• Total||104.78 km2 (40.46 sq mi)|
|• Density||130/km2 (320/sq mi)|
|Time zone||PST (UTC+8)|
|Income class||5th class|
Sampaloc is a municipality in the province of Quezon, in the Philippines. The town is situated in a valley completely surrounded by high evergreen hills in the heart of the Sierra Madre Mountains between the towns of Lucban and Mauban, Quezon.
The town is a fifth class municipality in terms of income classification in 2007 with an approximate area of 10,478 hectares (25,890 acres). According to the 2010 census, it has a population of 13,107 people, which is lower than the 2007 Census of 13,534 people.
- Bayongon (Pob.)
- Ibabang Owain
- Ilayang Owain (Pob.)
- San Bueno
- San Isidro (Pob.)
- San Roque (Pob.)
|Population census of Sampaloc|
|Source: National Statistics Office|
Municipal Mayor: Emmanuel Jesus "Naning" S. Torres Municipal Vice-Mayor:Francisco Jr. "Boy" Abeja
During the month of April, Buli products such as bags, hats, flowers, pockets and more are decorated in their houses. Bulihan Festival is also called "Mini Pahiyas". Parades roam around the town some celebrity stars also visited here. Meanwhile, there are also cooking contests, palarong pinoy, stage plays, beer fests, concerts, bag and hat making contests, fairs, and many more.
The festival, which comes fro the word 'buri' or buli, is a large palm tree which can be seen in the town.
There are some schools that can be found in this town:
- Sampaloc Elementary School (Main)
- Sampaloc Elementary School (Annex)
- Sampaloc Elementary School (Greenhills)
- Sampaloc Elementary School (Bilucao)
- Sampaloc Elementary School (Apasan)
- Sampaloc Elementary School (Banot)
- Sampaloc Elementary School (Alupay)
- Sampaloc Elementary School (Caldong)
- Green Purple Kiddie Learning Center Inc.
- Cocofed Kindergarten
- Sampaloc National Highschool(S.N.H.S)
- Sampaloc National Highschool Extension(S.N.H.S)
- Manuel S. Enverga Academy Foundation Inc. (M.S.E.A.F.I.)
- "Official City/Municipal 2013 Election Results". Intramuros, Manila, Philippines: Commission on Elections (COMELEC). 11 September 2013. Retrieved 27 November 2013.
- "Province: QUEZON". PSGC Interactive. Makati City, Philippines: National Statistical Coordination Board. Retrieved 27 November 2013.
- "Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay: as of May 1, 2010". 2010 Census of Population and Housing. National Statistics Office. Retrieved 27 November 2013.
- "2007 Census of Population". Philippine National Statistics Office. Retrieved 2008-10-04.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Sampaloc, Quezon.|
- Philippine Standard Geographic Code
- Philippine Census Information
- Local Governance Performance Management System