Jenner at the 2014 Cannes Film Festival.
|Born||Kendall Nicole Jenner
November 3, 1995
Los Angeles, California, U.S.
|Education||Sierra Canyon School|
|Occupation||Model, television personality, author|
|Height||5 ft 10 in (1.78 m)|
|Relatives||Rob Kardashian (half-brother)|
Kendall Nicole Jenner (born November 3, 1995) is an American television personality, media host, and fashion model. Jenner first came to public attention for appearing in the E! reality television show Keeping Up With The Kardashians.
Jenner is part of a wave of social media models, including Hailey and Ireland Baldwin, Gigi and Bella Hadid, Cara Delevingne, and Suki Waterhouse. After years of being featured in commercial modelling print ads and photoshoots, Jenner had breakout seasons in 2014, walking the runways during the New York, Milan, and Paris Fashion Weeks. Jenner has hosted award shows and starred on reality television. Jenner is known for posting celebrity selfies and career updates to her followers on social media.
Early life and family
Kendall Nicole Jenner was born in Los Angeles, California to former Olympic decathlete Bruce Jenner and television personality Kris Jenner. Jenner was given the middle name Nicole in honor of the late Nicole Brown Simpson, one of Kris Jenner's best friends. Jenner was raised in a blended family. Jenner has one younger sister, Kylie Jenner (born August 10, 1997), and eight half-siblings. Through father Bruce Jenner and first wife Chrystie Crownover, Jenner is paternal half sister to Burt Jenner (b. September 6, 1978) and Cassandra Lynn 'Casey' Jenner (b. June 10, 1980). Through Bruce Jenner and second wife Linda Thompson, Jenner is paternal half sister to indie pop singer Brandon Jenner (b. June 4, 1981), and The Hills actor Sam 'Brody' Jenner (b. August 21, 1983). Through mother Kris Jenner and first husband Robert Kardashian, Jenner is maternal half sister to reality television celebrities Kourtney Kardashian (b. April 18, 1979), Kim Kardashian (b. October 21, 1980), Khloé Kardashian (b. June 27, 1984), and Robert Arthur Kardashian (b. March 17, 1987).
Jenner was raised with her sister and maternal half-siblings in Calabasas, a suburb west of Los Angeles. She attended Sierra Canyon School before switching to homeschooling with sister Kylie Jenner in order to pursue endorsement deals and develop a career apart from her family. According to an interview in DuJour Magazine, she graduated in 2014. Jenner's current career focus is in fashion modelling.
As a professional model, Jenner was first featured in Paper magazine's "Beautiful People" article series with Kylie in 2010. She began her modeling career by signing with the Wilhelmina modelling agency at age 14. Her first modeling job was a campaign for Forever 21. She has done photo shoots with OK! magazine, Teen Vogue, and photographer Nick Saglimbeni. In Season 6 of Keeping up with the Kardashians, during a family photo shoot at Nick Saglimbeni's SlickforceStudio, Saglimbeni encourages Jenner to pursue professional modeling as a career.
Also, she has modeled for the Sherri Hill dress line, which specializes in dresses for proms and pageants. She also modeled at the official Hello Kitty Launch for Forever 21 in Los Angeles. Seventeen magazine chose Kendall along with Kylie Jenner as Style Stars of 2011 and also the new 'Style Ambassadors' for the magazine.
During the month of September 2014, Jenner walked in New York Fashion Week for Donna Karan, Diane Von Furstenberg, Tommy Hilfiger, and Marc Jacobs. Jenner walked in Milan's 2014 Fashion Week for Fendi, Ports 1961, Bottega Veneta, Pucci, and Dolce & Gabbana. During Paris Fashion Week, Jenner walked for Sonia Rykiel, Balmain, Givenchy, and Chanel; she also participated in a feminist rally-themed Chanel event with supermodels Gisele Bundchen and Cara Delevingne. In November 2014, Jenner and Cara Delevingne announced that they would forego the 2014 Victoria's Secret Fashion Show in order to walk in Chanel’s Metiers D’Art fashion show held on the same day in Salzburg.
On November 15, 2014, Kendall announced through her Instagram and Twitter accounts that she had been selected as the new global face of Estée Lauder and will appear in digital, television and print advertising as well as create social-media content for the New York-based cosmetics maker. Photographer Mikael Jansson is scheduled to direct an upcoming campaign for the company, featuring Jenner along with supermodels Joan Smalls and Carolyn Murphy. Within 3 days of the announcement, Estee Lauder's Instagram account gained 50,000 new followers, increasing their fanbase over 19% to 308,000 Instagrammers.
Kendall and Kylie Jenner regularly co-host public events together. The Jenner sisters hosted Glee: The 3D Concert Movie at the Regency Village Theater in Westwood, California on August 6, 2011. The Jenner hosted the premiere of The Vow in Hollywood, California on February 6, 2012. The Jenner sisters interviewed the cast of The Hunger Games premiere in the Bing Box at The Nokia Theatre L.A. Live on March 12, 2012. The Jenner sisters hosted the 2014 Billboard Music Awards, where Kendall mistook punk band 5 Seconds Of Summer as One Direction live on national television. The Jenner sisters co-hosted the Much Music Video Awards in Toronto, Canada on June 15, 2014. Jenner drew considerable attention for the risqué Fausto Puglisi-designed dress she wore on the red carpet.
Jenner first came to prominence by appearing in her extended family's E! reality show Keeping Up with the Kardashians. In 2010 Jenner was cast in boy band One Call's Blacklight video, along with Ashley Benson and Kevin McHale. In 2012, Jenner she appeared on Hawaii Five-0, as the character, "AJ," in an episode titled, "I Ka Wa Mamua." Jenner played the voiceover character Strawberry in The Annoying Orange episode Shakesparagus Speare (Season 2, episode 23), which aired on January 20, 2014.
Seventeen magazine featured Kendall and Kylie Jenner as Style Stars of 2011 and featured as Seventeen's Style Ambassadors for the magazine. In 2014, the Jenner sisters co-authored novel Rebels: City of Indra with ghostwriter Maya Sloan. The novel was almost universally panned upon release, prompting Sloan to clarify that Indra was compiled from the Jenner sisters' ideas rather than being ghostwritten. The story is currently being adapted as a movie screenplay.
Jenner has two nail lacquers from the Nicole by OPI Kardashian Kolors nail polish, All Kendall-ed up and Kendall on the Katwalk. The Jenner sisters earned $100,000 each for their OPI endorsements in 2013, which are carried commercially by CVS Pharmacy. On November 15, 2013, the Jenner sisters announced that they would launch The Kendall & Kylie collection with PacSun which was launched on February of 2013. Since its conception, the sisters have released several collections for this line. In July 2013 the Jenner sisters launched a jewelry line with Pascal Mouawad's Glamhouse to create the Metal Haven by Kendall & Kylie jewellery collection, which was sold through Nordstrom. In February 2014, Kendall and Kylie launched a shoe and handbag line for Steve Madden's Madden Girl line, for Nordstrom. On October 13, 2014, Time magazine named the Jenner sisters as two of the most influential teens of 2014 for their considerable influence among teens on social media.
Jenner set up an eBay account where she auctions old clothing to raise money for the Children's Hospital Los Angeles. The Kardashian and Jenner sisters used eBay in this way to raise $277,469.60 for their charites in 2013. Jenner joined her family in a charity yard sale on November 10, 2013. Proceeds from the sale were donation-matched and sent to Share Our Strength: No Kid Hungry and the Greater Los Angeles Fisher House Foundation. Jenner and Kim Kardashian attended a Christmas Eve visit with the kids at Children's Hospital Los Angeles on Tuesday December 24, 2013. Jenner joined Khloe Kardashian, Lil Twist, and The Game at PINZ bowling alley in Studio City, California for a charity bowling game on January 19, 2014. The event was held to raise money for The Robin Hood foundation, a nonprofit for which The Game pledged to raise $1 million in donations. The Jenner sisters participated in singer Chris Brown's two Kick’n It For Charity Celebrity Kickball games in Glendale, California on July 19, 2014 and on August 16, 2014. At the first game, Jenner played on Chris Brown‘s Team Breezy; sister Kylie competed on actor/singer Quincy Brown's Team.
Jenner briefly dated Julian 'Julkeyz' Swirsky, son of Seth Swirsky, in 2011. Jenner formed a long-term relationship in 2012 with fellow Sierra Canyon School alumnus and Nevada Wolf Pack wide receiver Julian Brooks, keeping the relationship a secret for a year before the couple shared messages on Twitter and photos on social media. The couple broke up in August over allegations of Brooks' infidelity.
On November 20, 2013, Jenner was spotted with One Direction member Harry Styles leaving Craig's restaurant in West Hollywood, leading to speculation that the two were in a relationship. Jenner has also been linked with NBA player Chandler Parsons, close friend Justin Bieber, 5 Seconds Of Summer drummer Ashton Irwin, and singer Chris Brown.
Jenner's famous friends include Bieber, Lionel Richie's daughter Sofia, Skye Savoy, Tyler, the Creator and DJ Taco Bennett of Odd Future, Jaden and Willow Smith, and Stella Hudgens. Jenner has been spotted numerous times in New York and Los Angeles with models Gigi and Bella Hadid, Ireland and Hailey Baldwin. and British supermodel Cara Delevingne. On October 31, 2014, Jenner attended a Halloween party with Delevingne where the two dressed as the Mario Brothers. Delevingne also made an appearance at Jenner's birthday party on November 3, 2014, singing a Happy Birthday duet with singer/actress Selena Gomez.
In May 2014 Jenner purchased a 2 bed, 2.5 bath condominium in a high-rise building in Los Angeles for $1.4 million.
|2012||Hawaii Five-0||AJ||TV series (season 3 episode 6: "I Ka Wa Mamua")|
|2007–present||Keeping Up with the Kardashians||TV series|
|2008||E! True Hollywood Story||Documentary|
|2009||Kourtney and Khloé Take Miami||TV series|
|2011||Kourtney and Kim Take New York||TV series (2 episodes)|
|2011||Khloé & Lamar||TV series|
|2012||America's Next Top Model Cycle 18||TV series|
|2014||MuchMusic Video Awards||Co-host|
Awards and nominations
|2014||Capricho Awards||More stylish||Pending|
- "Kendall Jenner: California, Birth Record Index, 1905–1995" Mocavo.com, adapted from the California Department of Health website. Published at 12:00am on October 9th, 2013. Retrieved November 16, 2014.
- Rutherford, Chrissy. "The Era Of The Social Media Models." Harper's Bazaar. Retrieved November 16, 2014.
- "Keeping Up With The Kardashians: Burt Jenner". Retrieved November 17, 2014
- "Keeping Up With The Kardashians: Casey Jenner". Retrieved November 17, 2014.
- "Bruce Jenner: Personal Life Wikipedia. Retrieved November 17, 2014.
- "After Five Years, Bruce Jenner and Second Wife Linda Find Happiness Is Not Working Out" People Magazine, Vol. 25, No. 6. February 10, 1986.
- McCane, Lindsay. "Kendall and Kylie Jenner Drop out of Private School" WebProNews, September 29, 2013.
- Silberman, Lindsay. "The Next Jenner-ation: Kendall and Kylie Jenner open up about living life under the microscope" DuJour, August 2014.
- "Kendall Jenner says she wants to focus on modelling career" CTV News, published Saturday, May 31, 2014 2:39PM EDT. Retrieved November 15, 2014.
- Echlin, Hobey (2010-03-29). "Beautiful People 2010: Kendall & Kylie Jenner". Paper (Paper Publishing Company). Retrieved 2011-02-09.
- Staff writers (2010-10-07). "Kendall & Kylie Open Up in Interview & Photoshoot". OK! (Northern & Shell). Retrieved 2011-02-09.
- "Video: Keeping Up with the Kardashians". IMDB. Retrieved 2014-07-16.
- "Kendall Looks So Beautiful". Kim Kardashian Blog: Official website. Retrieved 2011-03-26.
- Jenner, Kendall (2010-03-29). "Hosting The Hello Kitty Launch". Retrieved 2011-02-09.[dead link]
- Kim Kardashian (2011-10-06). "Kendall Jenner Models Swimsuits in New Campaign - E! Online". Au.eonline.com. Retrieved 2012-04-14.
- Gibson, Cristina (September 15, 2011) "See Kendall Jenner's Runway Modeling Debut!". E! Online.
- Gibson, Cristina (September 8, 2011). "Kylie and Kendall Jenner Modeling, Hosting Fashion Week Parties!". E! Online Australia.
- Mau, Dhani. "Kendall Jenner Signs With The Society Management: It's a big step towards a legitimate modeling career for the reality TV star.", November 21, 2013.
- John Lopez. "Next stop Victoria's Secret! Kendall Jenner walks the catwalk with Karlie Kloss at Donna Karan NYFW show"Mail Online, September 9, 2014.
- Lauren Smith. "Kendall Jenner models with Naomi Campbell at DVF"Glamour.co.uk, September 8, 2014.
- Frank Olito. "Kendall Jenner Walks for Tommy Hilfiger, DVF at NY Fashion Week" Ryan Seacrest, September 8, 2014.
- Candace Amos. "Kendall Jenner, Karlie Kloss, More Models Go Without Makeup at the Marc Jacobs Spring 2015 Runway Show"US Weekly, September 12, 2014.
- Ashley Joy Parker. "Milan Fashion Week Spring/Summer 2015: Kendall Jenner Walks The Runway For Fendi, Ports 1961, Emilio Pucci, Bottega Veneta And Dolce & Gabbana"Fashion & Style, September 22, 2014.
- Yana Kay. "'I'm front and center!' Kendall Jenner is delighted to find herself leading the pack at Dolce & Gabbana's Milan show"Mail Online, September 21, 2014.
- Candice Amos. "Kendall Jenner Flashes Underboob in Black Sheer Outfit at the Sonia Rykiel Fashion Show in Paris" US Weekly, September 30, 2014.
- Rose Walano. "Kendall Jenner Walks in Two See-Through Looks for Balmain Show at Paris Fashion Week" US Weekly, September 25, 2014.
- Paige Schwartz. "Kendall Jenner Trips During Givenchy Fashion Show!"Star, September 29, 2014.
- Emily Popp. "Kendall Jenner, Gisele Bündchen and Cara Delevingne March at Chanel's Feminist Rally Fashion Show"E!, September 30, 2014.
- "‘Instagirl’ Jenner Is Face of Lauder in Social-Media Push" Bloomberg, November 15, 2014.
- Moran, Nancy. "‘Instagirl’ Jenner Is Face of Lauder in Social-Media Push" Bloomberg News, November 15, 2014.
- Peppers, Margot. "Kendall Jenner has ALREADY boosted Estee Lauder's Instagram page by 50K followers - just days after announcing new role" Mail Online, 18 November 2014.
- "Leggy Teens Kendall and Kylie Jenner Step Out at Glee 3D Premiere"US Weekly, August 8, 2011. Retrieved November 18, 2014.
- Thomas, Holly. "No big sister escort any more! Kendall and Kylie Jenner are grown-up and elegant at The Vow premiere"Mail Online, February 8, 2012.
- Quizon, Sabrina. "Kendall & Kylie Jenner Interview The Stars Of ‘The Hunger Games’"Ryan Seacrest, March 13, 2012.
- Hollywood Life. "Kendall Jenner Billboard Awards One Direction Fail"Youtube, May 18, 2014.
- Bowsher, Allison. "Kendall and Kylie Jenner are your co-hosts for the 2014 MMVAs!"Much Music, May 20, 2014.
- "Kendall and Kylie Jenner Turn Heads at MuchMusic Video Awards"US Weekly, June 17, 2014. Retrieved November 17, 2014.
- "After THAT bikini shoot, Kim Kardashian's little sister Kendall lands a role in a pop video" Daily Mail, October 30, 2010. Retrieved November 17, 2014.
- "One Call - 'Blacklight' on Vimeo". December 29, 2010. Retrieved November 17, 2014.
- Internet Movie Database "Hawaii Five-0: I La Was Mamua". November 12, 2012.
- O’Sullivan, Erin. "Kendall Jenner To Make Acting Debut On Hawaii Five-0"Access Hollywood, August 18, 2012.
- "The High Fructose Adventures of Annoying Orange: Shakesparagus Speare (6 Nov. 2013)". Retrieved November 19, 2014.
- "Style Stars of 2011" Seventeen. Retrieved November 18, 2014.
- Strauss, Erika. "Kendall and Kylie Jenner Named Seventeen Magazine's Style Stars of 2011"Wetpaint, November 22, 2011.
- Jenner, Kylie. "We’re ‘Seventeen Magazine’ Style Stars" Kendall & Kylie Jenner, November 21, 2011.
- White, Caitlin. "Kendall and Kyle Jenner’s ‘Rebels: City of Indra’ Ghostwriter Maya Sloan Speaks Out"Bustle, July 2, 2014.
- Jade Watkins. "Kashing in! New documents reveal that teens Kendall and Kylie Jenner made a whopping $100,000 each for lending their name to a nail polish line"Mail Online, September 17, 2013.
- "PacSun Launches Premier "Kendall & Kylie" Collection Nationwide". Retrieved 2013-02-08.
- Ellie Krupnick. "Kendall & Kylie Jenner For PacSun: Teen Sisters Designing Their Own Line"The Huffington Post, November 15, 2012.
- Teen Vogue Online "Kendall and Kylie Jenner for PacSun". August 2013.
- Apatoff, Alex. "Kendall and Kylie Jenner Launch Their Own Jewelry Line: Get an Exclusive First Look!" People, July 17, 2013.
- Dhani Mau. "Kendall and Kylie Jenner Just Landed a Jewelry Line and Their Own Reality Show"Fashionista, December 13, 2011.
- Denley, Susan. "Kylie and Kendall Jenner launch new collection with Steve Madden" Los Angeles Times, February 19, 2014.
- Brandi Fowler. "Kendall and Kylie Jenner Stun at Madden Girl Shoe and Handbag Launch"E!, February 22, 2014.
- Editorial staff. "The 25 Most Influential Teens of 2014"TIME, October 13, 2014.
- Rees, Alex. "In The Past Year, The Kardashians Made Over $270,000 Selling Their Old Clothes On eBay"Cosmopolitan, February 14, 2014.
- Gicas, Peter. "Kim Kardashian and Family Hold Yard Sale to Raise Money for Charity—See the Pics!"E!, November 11, 2013.
- "Kim Kardashian And Kendall Jenner Bring Christmas Cheer To Los Angeles Hospital"AOL.co.uk. Retrieved November 18, 2014.
- "Khloé Kardashian, Kendall Jenner And Kylie Jenner Enjoy A Night Of Charity Bowling With The Game And Lil Twist" Charities Are Us, January 23, 2014. Retrieved November 17, 2014.
- Carpenter, Cassie. "Kendall & Kylie Jenner compete on opposing kickball teams for Chris Brown charity game" Mail Online, July 21, 2014 .
- Heller, Corinne. "Kendall Jenner Sports Chic, Football-Inspired Look at Charity Game, Hugs Rapper The Game" E!, August 17, 2014.
- Ballhorn, Kelly. "Listen To Justin Bieber’s Friend Julian Swirsky Awkwardly Ask Out Kendall Jenner Live On The Radio" ryanseacrest.com, August 15, 2011.
- Durham, Jessica. "Kendall Jenner Boyfriend 2013: Hints Dating Julian Brooks For Years? 'I Like My Private Life Private,' New Twitter, Instagram PICS of Toned, Sexy Legs and Stomach" ', August 12, 2013.
- @KendallJenner "cant believe its been a whole year! Smiling face with heart-shaped eyes time flies mann" Twitter, May 7, 2013.
- Douglass, Beth. "Happy Anniversary? Kendall Jenner and Julian Brooks Spark Dating Rumors"Wetpaint, May 7, 2013.
- "Kendall Jenner Dumps Cheating Boyfriend Julian Brooks" Hollywood Life, September 25, 2013. Retrieved November 18, 2014.
- Maresca, Rachel. "Kendall Jenner, Harry Styles enjoy dinner date in West Hollywood: Teen stars spotted in One Direction singer's car" New York Daily News, November 21, 2013.
- "Kendall Jenner Flirts with Dallas Mavericks Player Chandler Parsons"People, July 28, 2014. Retrieved November 18, 2014.
- Ishler, Julianne. "Kendall Jenner Reveals Truth Behind Justin Bieber Relationship"Hollywood Life, November 17, 2014.
- Bhagat, Pooja. "Ashton Irwin Denies Rumours Of Dating Kendall Jenner, But Admits Crush On The Model"International Business Times, September 7, 2014.
- Dodge, Shyam. "Kendall Jenner is 'obsessed with Chris Brown' after partying with him on multiple occasions... even though he is still with Karrueche Tran"Mail Online, October 1, 2014.
- Chavez, Paul. "Kendall Jenner steals spotlight while watching basketball with fellow models Gigi Hadid and Hailey Baldwin in New York City"Mail Online, October 23, 2014 .
- Mizoguchi, Karen. "Model match! Kendall Jenner and Cara Delevingne sport coordinating Mario Brothers costumes to Halloween party"Mail Online, November 3, 2014.
- "Selena Gomez & Cara Delevingne Singing Happy Birthday To Kendall Jenner" Youtube, November 3, 2014.
- Macatee, Rebecca. "Kendall Jenner Gets Early 18th Birthday Present: Meet Her Great Dane Puppy Blu!" E!, October 24, 2013.
- Rivera, Zayda. "Kendall Jenner buys $1.4 million condo in exclusive Los Angeles neighborhood: report" New York Daily News, May 27, 2014.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Kendall Jenner.|
- Kendall Model Portfolio at The Society Model Management (New York City, USA)
- Kendall Jenner Model Portfolio at Elite Model Management (London, UK)
- Kendall Jenner Model Portfolio at Elite Model Management (Paris, France)
- Kendall Jenner Model Portfolio at Elite Model Management (Milan, Italy)
- Kendall Jenner Profile at Models.com
- Kendall Jenner at the Fashion Model Directory
- Kendall Jenner at the Internet Movie Database
- Kendall Jenner on Facebook
- Kendall Jenner on Instagram
- Kendall Jenner on Twitter
- Kendall Jenner on Vine
- Kendall Jenner on Keek