Software industry in China
The software industry in Mainland China (China) is the business of developing and publishing software and related services in China. The size of the industry including software and information services in 2012 was worth 2502 billion RMB (about $416 billion) according to the Ministry of Industry and Information Technology.
Top Chinese software companies
In 2008, there were 984 software companies that achieved 100 million RMB or above in revenues.
- CDC Software
- Chinasoft International Ltd.
- Integrated Solutions Limited Integrated Solutions Limited (ISL)
- Kingdee International Software Group Co. Ltd
- VanceInfo Technologies Inc.
The industry has experienced rapid growth as IT spending among various industrial segments, including government, banking and manufacturing will likely propel the domestic software industry. The ongoing large-scale endeavors for 3G deployments are expected to fuel growth in the demand for 3G telecom software across various application platforms. Expanding broadband infrastructure with increased Internet penetration among Small and Medium Businesses (SMBs) will help the SaaS market to grow at a CAGR of approx 44% during 2008-2012. The Enterprise software market including ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning), SCM (Supply chain Management), EAM (Enterprise Asset Management), CRM (Customer Relationship Management) and financial software is growing rapidly. The ERP software is available from UFIDA Software, Kingdee, SAP, etc.
The software outsourcing market is projected by the Ministry of Industry and Information Technology to grow to $60 billion by 2015. The exports are mainly driven by the software business bought by Japan followed by the US. Over 60% of Chinese exports are taken up by Japan, as there are a good number of Chinese developers who develop software in Japanese.
- Software companies of China
- China Software Industry Association
- Institute of Software, Chinese Academy of Sciences
- Dalian Software Park
- Ministry of Industry and Information Technology
- "China's IT industry statistical bulletin(in Chinese)". Feb 05, 2013.
- http://thechinaperspective.com/articles/china039ssoftwareindustrytobeworth1t6590/index.html The China Perspective
- "China's software, IT service revenue to boom". China Daily. April 7, 2012.
- Sigurdson, Jon. and Jiang, Jiang. “Technological superpower China” by Jon Sigurdson; in collaboration with Jiang Jiang ... [et al.] Edward Elgar Pub., Northampton, MA: 2005.
- National Software and Integrated Circuit Public Service Platform
- YouTube Software
- Doremisoft Software
- Foxit Software