Sunny Hill at the press conference of The Voice Of Korea at Sangam CGV, Mapo-gu, Seoul, South Korea, in February 2012 From left to right (SeungAh, Jubi, Kota, Misung)
|Origin||Seoul, South Korea|
|Genres||Pop, K-pop, teen pop, dance-pop|
|Labels||For Everyone Media (2007)
Nega Network (2007-2010)
LOEN Entertainment (2011-present)
|Associated acts||Brown Eyed Girls, LOEN Tree, ZiA, Hareem|
Sunny Hill (Hangul: 써니힐) is a South Korean girl group. The members consist of Misung, Jubee, Seung Ah and Kota. From 2007-2011, fans of Sunny Hill were known as 'Sunshines'. Following their rise in popularity, fans voted and had the name officially changed to 'Hiller' (stylized as HːLLЁR).
- 1 Career
- 2 Members
- 3 Discography
- 4 Awards
- 5 External links
- 6 References
2007-2009: 'Original' Sunny Hill
Sunny Hill (Janghyun, Jubee & Seung Ah) debuted as a co-ed group on September 20, 2007, with the single album Love Letter, which later won the Excellent Newcomer Album award.
Following the success of their first single album, the group released their second single album, 2008 My Summer. The group then went on a musical hiatus, and only released various OST tracks.
2010-2011: Label Changes, Line-Up Changes & Rise in Popularity
Sunny Hill was quickly thrown into their first project under Nega Network by featuring on Narsha's digital single "Mamma Mia". Janghyun did not vocally participate in the track, but was featured in the music video. The group quickly became known as 'Narsha's Group', due to lack of popularity amongst fans of K-Pop. Following promotions of "Mama Mia", the group added their fifth and final member, Misung. The quintet released "Pit-A-Pat", for the Korean drama 'The Greatest Love'. The song attracted much attention and charted high.
After the release of "Pit-A-Pat", Sunny Hill made another unexpected label change to LOEN Entertainment. On June 3, 2011, the group released their first extended play, 'Midnight Circus'. The lead track, "Midnight Circus" drew much attention from its dramatic and creative music video, as well as vocally impressive live performances. On August 4, 2011, Sunny Hill released their follow-up ballad, "Pray". The music video and lyrics were praised for their 'artistic beauty'. The song continued the groups growing popularity and charted on the Top 10 of the Gaon Chart, despite there being no live promotions.
2012: The Grasshoppers, Is The White Horse Coming? & Goodbye To Romance
On January 13, 2012, Sunny Hill made their comeback with their first maxi-styled single The Grasshoppers. It was announced during promotions that Janghyun would be entering his mandatory military service at the end of the month. Various idols filled his spot during live performances of the song. The song became a hit, peaking at the Top 3 of the Gaon Chart, even though the leader, Janghyun, is not present on their performances.
On April 14, 2012, it was officially announced that Sunny Hill would be making a comeback as a four-member girl group. A teaser for their upcoming digital single, Is The White Horse Coming? aka Princess and Prince Charming, was released the same day.
On April 19, 2012, the music video for Is The White Horse Coming? was released along with the digital single. Several days after the group released their new digital single it was confirmed on April 20, 2012, the song had topped music site Soribada and had reached within the top three of several other music sites including Melon, Mnet, and Bugs. On April 20, 2012, Sunny Hill began their promotions for their hit single Is The White Horse Coming?
At the end of the year 2012, 6 December, Sunny Hill made their 3rd comeback of 2012 with sweet ballad mini-album "Antique Romance", with the members saying that it was an excited change for the charismatic girl group to became a ballad girl group shows their warm voices, while the title song, "Goodbye to Romance" features lyrics about the members' first love story. Many fans anticipated their change due to Sunny Hill debuting as a ballad group. The album was very successful and it's their 3rd hit after Midnight Circus and Grasshopper Song, and both songs charted in the Top 10 songs in Gaon Chart. They made their comeback performance on Music Bank.
2013: Love Actually, Young Folk
On April 2, their agency, LOEN Entertainment, released a teaser for an upcoming collaboration of SunnyHill with South Korean modern rock group called DayBreak, entitled "Love Actually", a song which will be included in the project album "re:code - Episode III". Fellow SunnyHill member Misung co-produced and co-written the song, writing the lyrics of the rap part, and she also announced that the song will be familiar to their 2011 OST hit song, Pit-A-Pat, from the South Korean hit drama, 'The Greatest Love'. The music video is released the next day, featuring cameo appearances from comedian Kim Sungwon, Defconn, and ZE:A member Kwanghee. The collaboration charted high, peaking at #7, their highest charting collaboration song so far despite performing no live promotions.
On June 10, their agency released a group teaser image for their 3rd mini-album entitled "Young Folk", with an announcement saying the song will be different from their other songs because the song will feature folk music, a genre rarely used in K-pop history. The song's video teaser is released in June 14, featuring Hareem, a South Korean folk musician, famous for holding rare instruments like bouzouki, drehleier (hurdy gurdy), and the famous Irish Whistle. The same day, the group made a showcase prior to the group's comeback. The album is released on June 19, and charted high on real-time charts. The music video was released on June 20.
On August 13, Kota was featured in a duet with SS501's Kim Hyung-jun entitled "Always Love You", a special digital single, with a release of a video teaser on August 8. The song is an acoustic medium R&B produced by Kim Hyung Jun himself, while the music video has an innocent love story theme, filmed on Hanseo University' airfield, and even capturing beautiful sights in the sky.
On October 30, 2013, Leader Janghyun was discharged from his military service.
2014: Don't Say Anything and Janghyun's departure
On January 17, Loen announced that co-ed group Sunny Hill will make their comeback with their 3rd digital single "Don't Say Anything". On January 19, it was revealed that Janghyun will leave the group to pursue his career as a producer. Two days after, "Don't Say Anything" MV teaser was released, then on the 24th, "Don't Say Anything" single and MV were both released.
|Stage name||Birth name||Date of birth|
|Misung||미성||Lee Misung||이미성||April 13, 1986|
|Jubi||주비||Kim Eunyoung||김은영||August 4, 1986|
|Seungah||승아||Lee Seungah||이승아||March 29, 1987|
|Kota||코타||Ahn Jinah||안진아||October 14, 1987|
- Misung is the main rapper, lead dancer and a vocalist in Sunny Hill. She is a part of the 3rd line-up of the group, she debuted with Midnight Circus in 2011.
- Jubi is the main vocalist in Sunny Hill. She majored in administration at Hansung University. She is a part of the original line-up who debuted with Love Letter in 2007.
- Seungah is a vocalist in Sunny Hill. She majored in clothing at Kyungwon University. She is a part of the original line-up who debuted with Love Letter in 2007.
- Kota is the lead vocalist, lead rapper and main dancer in Sunny Hill. She's also the youngest. She is a part of the 2nd line-up of the group, she debuted by featuring in Narsha's Mamma Mia in 2010.
|Stage name||Birth name||Date of birth|
|Janghyun||장현||Kim Janghyun||김장현||July 16, 1985|
- Janghyun was the leader and the sub-vocalist in Sunny Hill. He was a part of the original line-up who debuted with Love Letter in 2007. He did his military service from the January 31st 2012 to October 30th 2013. Janghyun left the group on January 19, 2014 to pursue a producer career. His last single with the group was Don't Say Anything.
- Extended plays
- 2011 : Midnight Circus
- 2012 : Antique Romance
- 2013 : Young Folk
- Single albums
- 2007 : Love Letter
- 2008 : 2008 My Summer
- 2012 : The Grasshoppers
- Digital singles
- 2011 : Pray
- 2012 : Is The White Horse Coming?
- 2014 : Don't Say Anything
- Sunny Hill on LOEN Entertainment
- Sunny Hill on LOEN Tree
- Sunny Hill on Daum Cafe
- Sunny Hill on Facebook
- Sunny Hill on Twitter
- Sunny Hill's channel on YouTube
- 써니힐 장현, 오는 31일 현역 입대. 써니힐은 4인조로 활동 지속 Naver News (January 20, 2012). Retrieved on August 8, 2012.
- 아이유, 써니힐 무대에 정장+넥타이 남장 차림 깜짝등장 Nate News (January 29, 2012). Retrieved on August 8, 2012.
- 써니힐, '백마는 오고 있는가' 실시간 차트 1위 '반응폭발' Sports World (April 20, 2012). Retrieved on August 8, 2012.
- "Sunny Hill releases music video for "Is The White Horse Coming?"". Allkpop.com. 2012-04-19.
- "Sunny Hill's "Is The White Horse Coming?" tops music charts". Allkpop.com. 2012-04-20.
- "Sunny Hill asks Music Bank "Is The White Horse Coming? "". Allkpop.com. 2012-04-20.
- "[MV] Kim Hyung Jun(김형준) _ Always love you(우리 둘이)(Duet. KOTA(코타) of SunnyHill)". YouTube.com. Retrieved 2013-08-13.
- "[Teaser] Kim Hyung Jun(김형준) _ Always love you(우리 둘이)(Duet. KOTA(코타) of SunnyHill)". YouTube.com. Retrieved 2013-08-13.
- "[Video] Kim Hyung Jun Promises to ‘Always Love You’ in New MV with Sunny Hill’s Kota". Enewsworld. Retrieved 2013-08-13.
- "Sunny Hill reveals MV teaser for upcoming single Don't Say Anything". Soompi. Retrieved 2014-01-21.
- "Sunny Hill drop their last MV as a co-ed group for Don't Say Anything". allkpop. Retrieved 2014-01-23.