SS501 during a fanmeeting in Hong Kong (2009)
From L to R: Kim Hyung-jun, Kim Kyu-jong, Kim Hyun-joong(leader), Heo Young-saeng, Park Jung-min
|Also known as||Double-S 501
Deo Beul E Seu Oh Gong Il (더블에스오공일)
Deo Beul E Seu Goma Rui Chi
|Genres||K-pop, J-pop, dance, R&B|
|Years active||2005– 2010 (hiatus)|
Pony Canyon (Japan)
Warner Music Taiwan
|Associated acts||Kara, Rainbow, A-JAX|
|This article is part of a series on
SS501 (pronounced Double-S Five-Oh-One or Deo Beul E Seu Oh Gong Il, Hangul: 더블에스오공일, Japanese: ダブルエスオゴンイル ) is a South Korean boy band formed under the management of DSP Media, formerly known as Daesung Entertainment and DSP Entertainment. The group debuted in June 8, 2005 with five members: Kim Hyun-joong, Heo Young-saeng, Kim Kyu-jong, Park Jung-min and Kim Hyung-jun, along with their debut mini-album entitled Warning.
In May 2010, SS501 released their last album before their contracts ended entitled Destination (EP), produced by Steven Lee. One month later, in June 2010, upon the expiration of group's contract with DSP Media, all the members have subsequently moved to other management companies, to pursue solo careers, but Kim Hyun-joong, the leader, has stated that they have not disbanded.
- 1 Etymology
- 2 History
- 3 Members
- 4 Fanclub
- 5 Artistry
- 6 Discography
- 7 Filmography
- 8 Radio
- 9 Bibliography
- 10 Concerts and showcase
- 11 Awards
- 12 References
- 13 External links
The name of the band is a combination of letters and numbers that have special meaning. The first “S” stands for "Superstar", the second “S” is an abbreviation for "Singer", and the combination of 5, 0, and 1 symbolizes "five members united as one forever". SS501's official fan club name is Triple S (SSS)which means "Super Star Supporters. Their first studio album entitled ST 01 Now is a combination of "S" from SS501, "T" from Triple S, and "01 NOW" which, when combined altogether, means "SS501 and Triple S united as one from now until forever".
Before debuting with SS501, most members had experiences in the entertainment world.
Kim Hyun-joong was initially about to debut in a five-member group, of which Han Yeon of B2Y (now disbanded) was to be the leader and Kim the youngest member. During 2001 and 2002, while working as a waiter in a family restaurant located at Jamsil-dong, Kim was introduced to a new set up management company CEO. While the group underwent training together, they were asked by their company to debut in China as a Hallyu project group, but they rejected the offer and disbanded. Kim proceeded to audition for DSP Media (formerly DSP Entertainment) and became a member and the leader of SS501.
Heo Young-saeng started as a trainee at SM Entertainment. He, then transferred companies and joined DSP Media, formerly known as DSP Entertainment, instead, and became a member and the main vocalist of SS501.
Park Jung-min was once a commercial model for condoms. When he was 13, he was scouted by an agency and was accepted by both DSP Media and S.M. Entertainment. At that time, S.M. Entertainment told him that they were preparing a new group, but that the group consisted of many members, which according to Park was probably Super Junior since he saw them rehearsing too. Park eventually chose DSP Media because he believed that he would debut faster through DSP.
SS501 officially debuted on June 8, 2005 along with their first mini-album, Kyeonggo (Korean: "경고", "Warning");. Their second mini album, Snow Prince was released in late 2005, five months after their debut. During this time, they also established their official fan club name, "Triple S", and fan club color, pearl green. The group earned popularity right away as they won many rookie awards after their debut.
The group was inactive in Korea for most of 2006, although they had their first fan meeting in Japan in April of that year. The reason was due to Heo Young Saeng's throat condition, which required a surgery, thus resulting in a need for time to fully recover. In mid-2006, they held their first successful concert, "Step Up Concert" in Osaka, Japan. In late 2006, they returned to Korea in order to promote their first studio album, which was released on November 10 entitled S.T 01 Now. Singles from the album included "Unlock" and "Four Chance". Alongside promoting the album on various variety and music shows, they also filmed a show on MNet, which was called SS501 SOS. The group (excepting Heo Young Saeng, who was recovering from the surgery) also lent their voices for the 2006 animated movie Pi's Story.
2007–08: Breakthrough success, Japanese debut, Boys Over Flowers, and sub-unit
Later in 2007, the group debuted in the Japanese market to further spread their activities and challenge themselves outside Korea. A Japanese fan club was established with the name "Triple S Japan", which officially debuted on March 25, 2007, when SS501 had their first official meeting with the club. The group at this time released their Japanese single Kokoro, alongside multiple versions, including one with all members and five featuring each member individually. The single debuted at the 5th spot on the Oricon chart, and moved to 3rd spot the next day. It was also chosen as an ending theme song for an anime entitled Blue Dragon.
SS501 appeared in the Japanese drama Hotelier as a cameo seen in episode seven. In May 2008, Kim Hyun-joong joined the cast of We Got Married along with Hwangbo in episode 9. The other members frequently appeared on the said show as well, while doing their Japanese activities and recording their upcoming second single. Later in September, SS501 released their second single in Japan entitled Distance. Finally in October 24, a month later, a full album was released with their self-titled album, SS501. SS501 also received the "Newcomer Award" by Japan Gold Disc Award in January 2008; this was the first time for Korean artists to receive this award.
SS501 returned to Korea with their single Deja Vu, which was released on March 13, 2008. The title track was the first song to be promoted, and they began their comeback on music channel M.Net's M Countdown. After their success with their single "Deja Vu", they began to promote their second single, "A Song Calling for You". They performed their Goodbye Stage on Music Bank in June 2008, to return to Japanese activities. Their third Japanese single was released on June 18, 2008 entitled Lucky Days.
On October 4, the group represented Korea to perform at the Seoul World Cup Stadium, and received the The Best Asian Artist Award at the 5th Asia Song Festival, organised by Korea Foundation for International Culture Exchange.
On October 2, 2008, Kim Hyun-joong was cast for his first lead-acting role as 'Yoon Ji-hoo' in the Korean version of Hana Yori Dango, officially named Boys Over Flowers, a role for which he won the "Most Popular Actor Award" at the Seoul International Drama Awards 2009 and the "Popularity Award" at the 45th PaekSang Arts Awards. The series was broadcast on KBS during the first half of 2009. During this time, around early 2009, Park Jung Min was also cast for his musical debut in Grease as "Danny Park", where he received the award "Best New Musical Talent" by the Golden Ticket Awards. While both Kim and Park were busy with their schedules, the remaining three members formed 'SS501 Project Group' with Heo Young-saeng as the leader. They released a project album named U R Man in November 2008, with a high tempo dance track "U R Man", which the three remaining SS501 members promoted by themselves, with the exception of some special performances that included all five band members. The project group also performed "U R Man" in episode four of Boys Over Flowers, where they appeared for a cameo performance. Moreover, they contributed to the Boys Over Flowers soundtrack with "내 머리가 나빠서" (Because I'm Stupid) track, in which they received multiple awards such as "Song of the Month (February)", "Best OST Award", and "Best TV Drama Song of the Year" just to name a few.
2009-10: Mini albums, first Asian tour, leaving DSP Media
SS501 released their official second Japanese studio album, All My Love, on May 13, 2009. Although they were doing a cappella performances during their past years before, it was their first time to record and include an a cappella title track to their album, "All My Love". A promotional tour was held in Japan in support of the album.
On July 21, 2009, they released their sixth mini-album, Solo Collection, which consisted of the individual members' songs. It also includes a mini-drama starring by SS501, themselves, particularly Kim Hyun-joong and Park Jung-min. In August 2009, they embark on their 1st Asia Tour Persona, with two concerts in Seoul. It was followed by fifteen concerts in Japan, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Thailand, China, Malaysia, and Singapore.
The group's seventh mini album Rebirth was released in two parts: in a limited and a full edition. The former was released on October 20, while the latter on October 22. SS501 promoted the album with the single "Love Like This", a track collaborated by Steven Lee, Sean Alexander, and Drew Ryan Scott. The single was also sang by Varsity Fanclub, Scott's group, in English lyrics with the same title single, which was released later in 2010.
On 21 November 2009, the group along with artists from SM Entertainment, Inwoo Production and Pledis Entertainment did not attend the 2009 Mnet Asian Music Awards. However, DSP stated that unlike the other agencies, they were not boycotting the event, but they were busy with preparations for their first Asian tour.
In 2010, SS501 continued their 1st Asia Tour Persona concert in Thailand before holding their final encore concert, on February 27, in Seoul to conclude the tour. Although the release of a new mini album was planned for May 1, 2010 (a nod towards "501" in the group's name, or as they call it "501" day), the date was pushed back in order to "add finishing touches". They performed at the 2010 Dream Concert later that month. Due to the fact that Kim Hyun-joong was still recovering from a previous injury, they sang two ballads instead of the rumored comeback track.
Their last mini album before the contract's expiration entitled Destination was released on May 24, 2010. The lead track, "Love Ya" was composed by Steven Lee, a song accompanied by an orchestra, and blended with a piano melody. Their first win for the lead track, "Love Ya", was on KBS's Music Bank, on June 11. On June 18, DSP announced that SS501 would end their "Love Ya" promotions due to the expiration of their contract on June 7, 2010, five years after since their debut.
During the second half of 2010, upon the expiration of the group's contract with DSP Media, all the members then subsequently signed with other management companies. Kim Hyun-joong signed with KeyEast Entertainment, Park Jung-min joined CNR Media. Kim Hyung-jun with S-Plus Entertainment. Heo Young-saeng and Kim Kyu-jong both signed with B2M Entertainment.
Kim Hyun-joong explained in an interview that, at the time, there wasn't a company that would accepted them as a whole, thus the group decided to take the chance to focus on their solo activities. In October 2010, Kim Hyung-jun announced that SS501 was planning release a new album in 2011 but was pushed back, probably because of their busy schedules.
2011-12: Solo artists and military service
- For detailed information, see also: Kim Hyun-joong; Heo Young-saeng; Kim Kyu-jong; Park Jung-min; and Kim Hyung-jun
With the group on hiatus, the members pursued solo activities.
Kim Hyun-joong starred in the leading role of "Baek Seung Jo" in Korean drama Playful Kiss, broadcast on MBC in September 2010. He then released his debut solo album Break Down on June 8, 2011 and it exceeded 70,000 pre-ordered copies in ten days. He, then released his second mini album Lucky, in October. It debuted at number 5 on Billboard's World Chart. On December 15, 2011, Kim released his digital single Marry You / Marry Me, which consists of "Marry Me" and Marry You" as well as instrumental versions of them. Music videos for both songs were released on his official YouTube channel the same day. On January 25, 2012, Kim released his first Japanese single Kiss Kiss / Lucky Guy. He was also offered as the main lead role for the drama "Conquest for the City/City Conquest", portraying the main character of Baek Mir, a wild and strong man. Only a few days before filming for City Conquest began in Japan, Kim released his second Japanese single Heat on July 4. Kim finally released his first full length Japanese album entitled Unlimited on December 12, which consists of 14 tracks including the Japanese versions of Break Down and Lucky Guy.
Heo Young-saeng and Kim Kyu-jong held a joint fanmeeting, Kim Kyu-jong & Heo Young-saeng Story In Seoul on December 4, which continued in Hong Kong, Japan and countries across Asia. Heo Young-saeng was scheduled to launch his solo singing career on April 28, 2011, but had to postpone because he pulled the ligaments on his right hand during dance practice. His debut solo mini album, Let It Go was released on May 12, 2011, which features Kim Kyu-jong and Hyuna of girl group 4minute. The album peaked at number one on Gaon's album chart for the week starting on May 8, 2011. In November and December, Heo made his theatrical musical debut in The Three Musketeers. Afterwards on December 28, just before the end of the year, Heo released a soundtrack song entitled "The Words On My Lips" for Fermented Family, a Korean drama. Later in 2012, Heo joined the cast of KBS2 sitcom I Need a Fairy (or Sent From Heaven) in episode 23, playing the role "Heo Young Saeng/ Kaki". A month later, He released a soundtrack of the said drama entitled "Love Song". Heo released his second mini-album entitled Solo in May, in which Heo, himself, participated in the planning process and production of it. He, then, went to Japan to release his first Japanese album entitled Over joyed in September. Overjoyed entered the Japanese Oricon weekly album charts at #29. Heo Young Saeng Will enlist in the army on October 31, 2013. He is currently serving as a police officer.
Kim Kyu-jong made his musical debut in Goong: Musical, playing the lead role of Crown Prince Lee Shin, in Kyoto, Japan from June 11 to July 1, and debuted as a solo artist in September 2011 with mini album Turn Me On. The album features rap by Heo Young-saeng in dance track "My Love", and Yang Jiwon of Spica in Yesterday music video. In October 2011, Kim was cast in 36-part weekend drama, Saving Madame Go Bong Shil on cable channel CSTV, playing an aspiring musical actor named Nicky to mark his acting debut. In June 2012, B2M Entertainment announced that Kim Kyu-jong is to fulfill his mandatory military service in July, making him the first member to enlist. On June 3, he held his farewell fan meeting, Thank U ThanKYU with Triple S at Yonsei University in Sinchon-dong, Seoul. This marks his last official activity before his enlistment in July and the first time in over two years that all five members of SS501 have gathered together. On July 23, Kim reported to the recruit training center of the 35th division in Jeonju, North Jeolla Province for four weeks of basic training. They further explained that he was originally exempted because he has a hepatitis B carrier. However, since a changed in conscription law, he is eligible to serve non-active duty as a public service worker. On July 18, Kim released a limited edition, and later on a normal edition, mini-album Meet Me Again dedicated to his fans before his enlistment.
Park Jung-min's comeback single, Not Alone, was originally planned to be released on November 25, 2010, but was pushed back to January 20, 2011. He, then, released his first mini-album The, Park Jung Min on April 1, 2011. Park was cast in a Japanese musical Bonds Of Boys as an exchange student from November 18 to 23, 2011. He also expanded his experience in acting by being cast in the Japanese drama, Love Song in August. He also contributed to KBS2's The Princess' Man OST in August, where he sang "Missing You" composed by Park Jung Wook During 2012, Park acted in the Taiwanese drama Fondant Garden in February, playing the lead role of "Park Hee Hwan". On April 12, Park filed an injunction at Seoul Central District Court against his agency CNr Media to cancel his exclusive representation contract, citing improper distribution of profits. The decision of the court came on July 30, favoring Park Jung Min's case against CNR Media, and it finally came to an end on May 22, after reaching an agreement that all ties would be cleared. He then debuted as "Romeo" under Victor Music after his lawsuit against CNR Media. He released two Japanese albums: Give Me Your Heart and Tonight's The Night in September and October respectively. In November, he comes back to Korea as "Park Jung-min" for his 3rd mini-album Beautiful. At the end of the year, he released a full length Japanese album Midnight Theatre back as "Romeo".
Kim Hyung-jun signed with Avex Entertainment for his Japanese activities in January 2011. On March 8, 2011, Kim finally released his debut solo mini album My Girl with music videos for the two lead tracks "oH! aH!" and "Girl", in which Park Jung Min visited him during the music video shoot for the latter. A Japanese version was released on April 6, 2011 with two bonus tracks of Japanese versions of the two lead tracks. On July 27, Kim released his first Japanese single, Long Night. In October 2011, Kim made his theater debut in the romantic comedy musical Caffeine, where he played as a barista. After his acting debut on Black City, Kim starred on his first main lead role in KBS Drama's romantic comedy series, My Shining Girl in March, playing the role of "Kang-min". His acting career was followed by SBS Plus's Late Blossom in the same year, playing the character of "Jung Min-chae". In July, he released his second mini album entitled Escape with its single "Sorry, I'm Sorry". The album includes five songs, and a 25-minute drama MV starring Kang Ji Hwan, Lee Ki Woo, and himself. He, then, held his first solo live tour "2012 1st Story in Japan" in April, and "2012 2nd Story in Japan" in August consecutively. In November, he was cast in Rough Play (An Actor is an Actor), a film written and produced by Kim Ki-duk.
2013-present: Expanding individual careers
Kim Hyun-joong had his first Japanese tour in January entitled 'JAPAN TOUR 2013 “UNLIMITED”' tour. In February, it was rumored that City Conquest has been rejected by KBS for the reason that it "lacked in quality". After some time, it was announced that Kim Hyun Joong will be withdrawing from the drama and is planning to start in another drama later this year instead. On the other hand, Kim made his comeback in a Korean variety show, "Barefoot Friends", which first aired on April 21. On June 5, Kim released his third Japanese single, Tonight. On June 6, the same day as his birthday, Kim released his new digital single in Korea entitled "What It Means To Be Alive" as a present for his fans. Two days later, on June 8, Kim held his "2013 KHJ Show - Party People" fanmeeting in Seoul, Korea to meet with his fans after a long while.
Heo Young-saeng was invited to do a collaboration with Lee Jung Bong named "Goodbye My Love", which was released on January 31. Heo then released his third mini album Life on March 13. After his album promotions, he left to Japan and started his Summer Snow musical as Tachibana Seiji, a young doctor who has a one-sided love to his patient, Katase Yuki. On May 29, news were spreading that Heo is planning to enlist for his mandatory military service in November. According to one of B2M Entertainment's representatives, he already decided to enlist by the end of 2013 right after he receives a draft notice. In fact, he already had a health checkup, and he was found to be fit for active duty by the Office of Military Manpower Administration. Further information about his enlistment has not been decided yet. During early June, Heo's Japan official website released tracks and information for his upcoming second Japanese album entitled Memories To You, to be released on July 3. The title is said to be Heo's memories shared with his fans.
Kim is still serving in the military service as of 2013. Since he was doing his military duty, updates about him can only be known through his friends' twitter updates and him writing personal handwritten letters to his fans to show his love and appreciation. To further show his acknowledgement towards his fans, it was revealed that he joined ThanKYU's (name of his fanclub) various donation activities. On February 1, Kyu Jong sent 14 woven hats that he and his mother had personally weaved during his spare time. On March 9, Kim spent his free time attending Kim Hyung Jun's 1st solo concert, "The First" at Woori Art Hall, Olympic Park, Seoul. He even went up to the stage with Kim Hyung Jun and bowed together, marking the end of the concert.
Park Jung Min attended and performed at the 2013 StarHub TVB Golden Viva Spectacular together with Sistar, U-Kiss and more on February 9, that was initially filmed during the January 31 at the Seoul Student Jamsil Gymnasium. The performances were broadcast simultaneously in Korea, Singapore, and Hong Kong to celebrate the Lunar New Year with their Hong Kong fans. On February 14, he held a press conference at the Sony Music Square in Tokyo about his upcoming concert tour. He had eight performances in total, starting on March 19 in Fukoka, March 21 in Osaka, March 22 in Tokyo, and March 23 in Nagoya. His shows had a different concept, though: light/dark; good/bad concept. In particular, he performed by the name "Park Jung Min" during the day, then changing his persona to "Romeo" when the night comes.
Kim Hyung-jun had his first solo concert in Korea to commemorate his 2nd anniversary since his solo debut in 2011.Kim Hyung Jun "The First" was held on March 9 at the Woori Art Hall at the Olympic Park, organized by SPLUS Entertainment and managed by SH Creative Works. He then came back on television screens, as he has been cast in MBC drama Pots of Gold (also known as Gold, Appear! and I Summon You, Gold!), playing the role of Han Ji-hye's younger brother Mong Gyu. On May 1, it was reported that he is planning to be enlisted in the military next year, 2014. During this time, he had his "Who Am I" Japanese live concert, which was held on March 29 to April 7 (six concerts in total) that went through cities such as Osaka, Nagoya, and Tokyo.
During SS501's eight anniversary, SS501 members posted the same video on YouTube together to celebrate and greet their fans. Kim Hyun Joong was not able to be in the video at that time because he had a shooting on his variety show, Barefoot Friends. However, Kim Hyun Joong still talked about his debut on his Korea fanmeeting entitled 2013 KHJ Show - Party People, held at the same day of their anniversary.
|Kim Hyun-Joong||김현중||金賢重||6 June 1986|
|Heo Young-Saeng||허영생||許永生||3 November 1986|
|Kim Kyu-Jong||김규종||金奎鐘||24 February 1987|
|Park Jung-Min||박정민||朴政珉||3 April 1987|
|Kim Hyung-Jun||김형준||金亨俊||3 August 1987|
- Official Fanclub Color: Pearl Light Green
- Official Fanclub Name: Triple S (SSS - Super Star Supporters)
- Also Known As: Green Peas
- Date of Establishment: December 18, 2005
- As of May 2013, Triple S is still on the Top 5 list according to Daum Fancafe in spite of the group's hiatus.
Although most of their music is composed by various people, the members of SS501 have also contributed to their albums. Five of them wrote the lyrics for "Green Peas" from Rebirth Album dedicated especially to their fans. Kim Hyung Jun and his brother, Kim Ki Bum, formerly of U-KISS, composed, under the name "H&B", the songs: "Want It", "The One", "I AM" from U R Man Album and "Hey G" from Solo Collection Album. Kim Hyung Jun also wrote the lyrics of the song "Obsess" in their Rebirth album. Heo Young Saeng composed his solo song "Is It Love?" from Solo Collection Album and wrote the lyrics of "Until Forever", one of the tracks in SS501's album Destination. Park Jung Min composed the song "Kiss" which is sung by Rainbow from Gossip Girl Album, where he performed the song at their Persona concert. He also wrote the lyrics of Not Alone and contributed to all the other songs from his album. He wrote lyrics in Japanese and sang the song "Your Colour" himself for his new mobile drama for LISMO Channel in Japan entitled Love Song In August.
- 2006–2007: SS501's Youngstreet –-- Kim Kyu-jong, Park Jung-min and Heo Young-saeng
- 2009–present: Music High –-- Kim Hyung-jun
- 2008: PHOTO501 --- photo book
- 2009: Endless Melody --- photo book
Concerts and showcase
- Step Up in Seoul, South Korea (2006)
- Step Up in Busan, South Korea (2006)
- Step Up in Daegu, South Korea (2006)
- Concert in Osaka, Japan (2006)
- Concert in Seoul, South Korea (2006)
- 4th Annual Korean Music Festival in Los Angeles, California, USA (2006)
- Concert in Tokyo, Japan (2007)
- Concert in Shanghai, China (2008)
- Concert in Tokyo, Japan (2008)
- Concert in Osaka, Japan (2008)
- SS501 Showcase with Triple S – Olympic Fencing Gymnasium, Seoul (15 November 2008)
- Victory Concert in Los Angeles, California, USA (2009)
- 7th Annual Korean Music Festival in Los Angeles, California, USA (2009)
- 1st Asia Tour Persona in Seoul, South Korea – two concerts (July 2009)
- 1st Asia Tour Persona in Tokyo, Japan (2009)
- 1st Asia Tour Persona in Taipei, Taiwan (2009),
- 1st Asia Tour Persona in Shanghai, China (2009)
- 1st Asia Tour Persona in Hong Kong, China (2009)
- 1st Asia Tour Persona in Bangkok, Thailand (2010)
- 1st Asia Tour Persona Encore in Seoul, South Korea (27 February 2010 at Olympic Gymnastics Arena)
- SS501 Special Concert in Saitama Super Arena (25 April 2010)
- SS501 Newton X-Concert in Seoul, South Korea (13 June 2010)
- For individual awards, see also: Kim Hyun-joong awards; Heo Young-saeng awards; Kim Kyu-jong; Park Jung-min awards; and Kim Hyung-Jun awards
Music program awards
- M! Countdown
|2005||15 September||"Never Again"|
|2006||5 January||"Snow Prince"|
|2007||18 January||"4 Chance"|
|2009||8 January||"U R Man"|
- Music Bank
|2009||13 November||"Love Like This"|
|2010||11 June||"Love Ya"|
|2007||7 January||"4 Chance"|
|2008||20 April||"Deja Vu"|
|2009||11 January||"U R Man"|
- "SS501 Information".Mnet.Retrieved 2013-06-18.
- (Korean)"DSP Discography 2005".Retrieved 2013-06-18.
- SS501. Warning. 2005. CD.
- SS501. Destination. 2010. CD.
- Kang Seung-hun "Kim Hyun-joong says SS501 has not disbanded" 10 Asia. 26 August 2010. Retrieved 2011-10-31
- (Korean)"Scary New! 'Ss501' Meet 무서운 신인! 'ss501'을 만나다". ystar. 16 June 2005. Retrieved 9 November 2011.
- Interview. SS501 2nd Fanmeeting & Triple S Fan Club Establishment. YTN Star News. Seoul, 19 Dec. 2005. Television.
- (Korean)"DSP Media Discography".Retrieved 2013-06-18.
- "B2Y (비투와이)".KBS.Retrieved 2013-06-17.
- "SM ENTERTAINMENT FORMER TRAINEES" Retrieved. 2013-02-18
- "Park JungMin and his Condom CF".Retrieved 2013-06-1.
- "SS501 박정민 "슈주로 데뷔 할 뻔" 사연 공개". Nate News (in Korean). 27 January 2011. Retrieved 28 June 2012.
- M!Pick by MNet. MNet. Seoul, 2005. Television.
- "SS501′s Park Jung Min almost debuted as a Super Junior member".Allkpop.Retrieved.2013-03-10
- Mnet. Retrieved. 2013-03-02
- (Korean)Archive copy at the Wayback Machine
- SS501 M!Pick. MNET. Seoul, 2005. Television.
- SS501. Snow Prince. 2005. CD.
- (Japanese)Archive copy at the Wayback Machine
- (Korean)"SS501 First Fan Meeting in Japan, "Power Hotties", a Speech Praised SS501 일본 첫 팬미팅 "전원 꽃미남" 일 언론 극찬". Newsen. 16 April 2006. Retrieved 17 April 2006.
- (Korean) "SS501, The Main Vocal Concert Heo Young Saeng Laryngeal Surgery Postponed SS501, 메인보컬 허영생 후두 수술로 콘서트 연기". Sport Seoul. 3 March 2006. Retrieved 9 November 2011.
- "SS501 1st Concert DVD - STEP UP".YesAsia.Retrieved 2013-06-18.
- "DSP Discography 2006".Retrieved 2013-06-18.
- SS501. ST 01 Now. 2006. CD.
- SS501 SOS. MNET. Seoul, 2006. Television.
- "[Program] SS501's SOS".Mwave.Retrieved 2013-06-18.
- (Korean) "July! SS501 'Pi's Story as' a brilliant screen debut! 7월! SS501 '파이 스토리'로 화려한 스크린 데뷔!". ystar. 26 June 2006. Retrieved 9 November 2011.
- (Japanese)Archive copy at the Wayback Machine
- (Japanese)Archive copy at the Wayback Machine
- "Kokoro (Normal Edition)(Japan Version)".YesAsia.Retrieved 2013-06-18.
- "Skull, TVXQ Hitting Overseas Charts" Korea Times. 7 August 2007. Retrieved 2011-11-02
- SS501. Kokoro. Blue Dragon ED2 OST. 2007. CD.
- Hotelier. TV Asahi. South Korea, 2007. Television.
- "We Got Married Official Website".Retrieved 21-06-16.
- We Got Married Season 1. MBC. Seoul, 2008.
- (Japanese)Archive copy at the Wayback Machine
- (Japanese)Archive copy at the Wayback Machine
- "THE 22nd JAPAN GOLD DISC AWARD 2008" Retrieved.2013-030-05
- "DSP Discography 2008".Retrieved 2013-06-18.
- "SS501 Makes a Comeback" KBS World. 13 March 2008. Retrieved 2008-03-26
- "A Song Calling for You".Mwave.Retrieved 2013-06-18.
- "DeJa Vu+A Song Calling for You".Mwave.Retrieved 2013-06-18.
- "5th Asia Song Festival" KOFICE. 4 October 2008. Retrieved 2011-10-26
- (Korean)"SS501도 아시아송페스티벌 참가 확정".Star.Retrieved 2013-06-22.
- Boys Over Flowers. Dir. Ki-sang Jun. Perf. Ku Hye-sun, Lee Min-ho, Kim Hyun Joong, Kim Bum, and Kim Joon. 2009. TV Series.
- "2009 Popular Prize winners". Seoul International Drama Awards. Retrieved 2013-01-02.
- "45th PaekSang Arts Awards winners list". PaekSang Arts Awards (in Korean). joinsmsn. Retrieved 2013-01-02.
- "Boys Over Flowers official website".KBS.Retrieved 2013-06-18.
- "SS501, the 1st Asia Tour Persona in Seoul" Joongang Daily. 29 July 2010. Retrieved 2011-10-31
- (Korean)"Golden Ticket Voting/Nominees (2009)" Interpark. Retrieved 2012-11-21.
- SS501. UR Man. 2008. CD.
- "Kim Hyung Jun Official Site: Awards List".SPLus Company. Retrieved. 2013-03-07
- "Kim Hyun Joong Official Site: Awards List".Key East Entertainment. Retrieved 2013-03-09
- SS501. All My Love. 2009. CD.
- SS501. Solo Collection. 2009. CD.
- "DSP discography 2009.Retrieved 2013-06-18.
- "SS501, the 1st Asia Tour Persona in Seoul" Joongang Daily. 29 July 2009. Retrieved 2011-10-31
- Park Kun, Ouc (12 October 2009). "SS501 releases new mini-album jacket". Asiae. Retrieved 31 October 2009.
- "SS501, '타투'로 짐승돌 변신?". JoyNews (in Korean). Retrieved 31 October 2009.
- Varsity Fanclub. Love Like This. 2010. CD.
- Kim, Jessica (3 November 2009). "SM singers boycott Mnet music award". Asiae. Retrieved 26 April 2012.
- Lynn, Kim (9 November 2009). "Son Dambi, After School also not attending Mnet awards". Asiae. Retrieved 26 April 2012.
- Park, Kun-ouc (4 November 2009). "DSP plays down MAMA boycott rumor". Asiae. Retrieved 26 April 2012.
- "S5501 speaks ahead of "PERSONA" encore show" 10 Asia. 2 March 2010. Retrieved 2011-10-31
- "Kim Hyun-joong gets into car accident, ok for comeback".Hancinema.Retrieved 2013-06-19.
- "DSP discography 2010".Retrieved 2013-06-19.
- Hong, Lucia (14 June 2010). "Boy bands take control of TV music programs". 10 Asia. Retrieved 29 June 2012.
- (Korean) "SS501 to return in 2012 김형준 '내년 SS501로 찾아뵐게요'" Sport World. 20 October 2010. Retrieved 2011-11-09
- "Kim Hyun-joong's 1st Solo Album Exceeds 70,000 Pre-orders" Chosun Ilbo. 1 June 2011. Retrieved 2011-10-25
- "Kim Hyun Joong's album storms into Billboard World charts Top 5" Channel News Asia. 25 October 2011. Retrieved 2011-10-26
- "Kim Hyun Joong Official YouTube account".YouTube.Retrieved 2013-06-17.
- Kim Hyun Joong. Kiss Kiss/Lucky Guy. 2012. CD.
- "Kim Hyun Joong holds a Japanese event with over 10,000 fans". Korea.com. 5 October 2012. Retrieved 2012-10-05.
- Kim Hyun Joong. Heat. 2012. CD.
- Kim Hyun Joong. Unlimited. 2012. CD.
- (Korean) "김규종 SS501 앨범은 내년쯤 계획" Nate News. 4 December 2010. Retrieved 2011-11-09
- (Korean) "김규종 "SS501 음반은 다음해로 계획 中" 발표" Nate News. 4 December 2010. Retrieved 2011-11-09
- Hong, Lucia SS501 "Heo Young-saeng to postpone solo activities" 10 Asia. 21 April 2011. Retrieved 2011-10-31
- Kim, Heidi "SS501 Heo Young-saeng to release solo album on May 12" 10 Asia. 4 May 2011. Retrieved 2011-10-31
- Kim, Heidi "Gaon Weekly Album Chart: 8-14 May 2011" 10 Asia. 19 May 2011. Retrieved 2011-11-13
- "SS501′s Heo Young Saeng and Oh Won Bin Will Star in the "Three Musketeers" Musical".soompi. Retrieved. 2013-02-18.
- (Korean)"허영생 ‘발효가족’ OST ‘입술에 맺힌 말’ 공개, 달달 목소리 기대↑ 27 December 2011. Retrieved 2011-12-28
- (Korean)SS501 허영생 ‘선녀가 필요해’로 연기자 출사표 2 February 2012
- Sent From Heaven OST. 2012. CD.
- Heo Young Saeng. Solo. 2012. CD.
- SS501 on Twitter
- Heo Young Saeng. Overjoyed,. 2012. CD.
- "Oricon Weekly Album Chart, Week of 17-23 Sept. 2012" Oricon. Retrieved 2012-10-16.
- Kim, Heidi "SS501 Kim Kyu-jong to star in musical 'Goong'" 10 Asia. 12 April 2011. Retrieved 2011-11-19
- Hong, Lucia "Kim Kyu-jong to begin solo singing career with mini-album next week" 10 Asia. 19 September 2011. Retrieved 2011-10-29
- Kim, Jessica f(x) "Luna, Kim Kyu-jong to make acting debut" 10 Asia. 18 October 2011. Retrieved 2011-10-29
- "SS501's Kim Bids Fans Teary Farewell Before Enlisting". Chosun Ilbo. 5 June 2012. Retrieved 11 June 2012.
- Hong, Grace Danbi (4 June 2012). "SS501 Reunites for Kim Kyu Jong’s Last Fan Meeting Before Army Duties". enewsWorld. CJ E&M. Retrieved 11 June 2012.
- "SS501′s Kim Kyu Jong joins the army on July 23". Star News. 2 July 2012. Retrieved 4 July 2012.
- Kim Kyu Jong. Meet Me Again. 2012. CD.
- Lee, Tae-ho (11 July 2012). "SS501’s Kim Kyu-jong to release limited edition of mini-album before enlistment". 10 Asia. Retrieved 23 July 2012.
- Kim, Heidi "Singer Park Jung-min takes off for fan meeting in Japan" 10 Asia. 20 December 2010. Retrieved 2011-11-19
- "Wara Wara THE, PARK JUNGMIN [Limited Edition]". amazon.(Japanese)
- Bonds of Boys. Tokyo New National Theatre, Tokyo. 2011. Performance.
- (Japanese)"Love Song In August Official Homepage" Lismo-drama.jp. Retrieved 2012-08-14.
- "The Princess' Man OST (KBS TV Drama)".YesAsia.Retrieved 2013-06-20.
- (Chinese)"Fondant Garden Official Homepage" CTV.com. Retrieved 2012-08-14.
- "Park Jung-min wants contract voided". Joongang Daily. 14 April 2012. Retrieved 28 June 2012.
- "SS501′s Park Jung Min Wins Case Against Agency for Cancellation of Contract".Enewsworld.Retrieved 2013-06-16.
- "Park Jung Min′s Case Against Former Agency Comes to a Conclusion".MWave.Retrieved 2013-06-16.
- (Japanese)Official website (ROMEO)
- "SS501′s Park Jung Min (Romeo) reveals debut Japanese PV "Give Me Your Heart"". Allkpop. 6Theory Media. 4 September 2012. Retrieved 2013-01-07.
- "Park Jung Min releases "Beautiful" MV + single album". Allkpop. 6Theory Media. 13 November 2012. Retrieved 2013-01-07.
- (Japanese) "SS501’s Kim Hyung Jun signs with Avex, to release album in Japan キム・ヒョンジュン、待望の日本ソロ・デビュー" 22 January 2011. Retrieved 2011-11-02
- Hong, Lucia "Kim Hyung-jun reveals first solo album today" 10 Asia. 8 March 2011. Retrieved 2011-11-02
- (Korean) "SS501′s Park Jung Min visits Kim Hyung Joon on his MV film set" Naver News. 27 February 2011. Retrieved 2011-22-06
- (Japanese)"My Girl (Japanese Edition) info" Avex Entertainment. 6 April 2011. Retrieved 2011-11-02
- "Discography" Kim Hyung-jun's official Japanese website by Avex Trax. Retrieved 2012-11-16. (Japanese)
- "SS501’s Kim Hyung Joon cast as the lead in “Caffeine”…first steps into musicals".dkpopnews. Retrieved 2013-06-20.
- "Kim Hyung Jun Goes All Out For Bed Scene".Enewsworld.Retrieved 2013-06-16.
- "Kim Hyung-joon to star in Kang Pool's "Late Blossom - Drama"".Hancinema.Retrieved 2013-06-16.
- "Kim Hyung Jun to make a special appearance at the ‘KNTV Autumn Drama Parade’"Allkpop.Retrieved.2013-02-23
- Kim Hyung Jun. Escape. 2012. CD.
- "Kim Hyung Jun releases mini-album ‘ESCAPE’ & MV for “Sorry I’m Sorry”" Allkpop. 8 July 2012. Retrieved 2012-01-07
- "Kim Hyung Jun to embark on his second live tour in Japan" KPopSugar. 21 July 2012. Retrieved 2012-01-07
- "Kim Hyung Jun to join Lee Joon on the cast of ‘An Actor is an Actor’" Allkpop. 23 November 2012. Retrieved 2012-01-07
- "Kim Hyun Joong Starts Off On His Japan Tour".Enewsworld.Retrieved 2013-06-17.
- "Kim Hyun Joong’s drama ‘City Conquest’ rejected by KBS, producers considering legal action" allkpop. Retrieved 2013-02-14
- "Kim Hyun Joong to withdraw from ‘City Conquest’" allkpop. Retrieved 2013-02-14
- "Kim Hyun Joong to make a comeback on Korean variety shows with Kang Ho Dong".Allkpop'.Retrieved.2013-06-01.
- Kim Hyun Joong. Tonight. 2013. CD.
- "Kim Hyun Joong to Release Surprise Comeback Album June 6".Kpopstarz.Retrieved 2013-06-18.
- "Kim Hyun Joong Holds a Fanmeeting in Korea with 5,000 Fans".Enewsworld.Retrieved 2013-06-18.
- Lee Jung Bong. 러브 샤랄랄라. 2013. CD.
- "Heo Young Saeng releases MV for “The Art of Seduction” + ‘Life’ mini album" Allkpop. Retrieved.2013-03-16
- "Summer Snow Musical Official Website".Retrieved.2013-06-01
- "SS501's Heo Young Saeng likely to enlist this November!".Allkpop.Retrieved.2013-06-01
- "SS501 허영생, 오는 11월 현역 입대".Daum.Retrieved.2013-06-01
- "Heo Young Saeng Discography".HeoYoungSaengJapanOfficialSite.Retrieved 2013-06-14.
- (Korean)"SS501 ホ・ヨンセン、7/3日本2ndアルバム発売＆コンサート開催決定！".KStyle.Retrieved 2013-06-15.
- "Kim Kyu Jong writes letter to fans from military" Retrieved. 2013-02-16
- "SS501′s Kim Kyu Jong writes a hand-written letter to his fans" Retrieved. 2013-02-16
- "Kim Kyu Jong Wovens Hats for Donation" Retrieved. 2013-02-16
- "SS501's Kyu Jong and Hyung Jun reunite at Hyung Jun's concert".Dkpopnews.Retrieved 2013-06-15.
- "Performances from the 2013 ‘StarHub TVB Golden Viva Spectacular’" Allkpop. 10 February 2013. Retrieved 2013-02-14
- "[K-pop] Park Jung Min to Hold Japanese Tour with Day and Night Concept""MNet". Retrieved. 2013-02-18
- "Kim Hyung Jun to hold first solo concert".DKpopNews.Retrieved 2013-06-16.
- "Kim Hyung-joon holds first solo concert this month".Hancinema.Retrieved 2013-06-16.
- "Kim Hyung Jun cast in the new drama ‘Gold, Appear!’"Allkpop.Retrieved.2013-03-33
- "Kim Hyung Jun Finishes Successful Japanese Live Tour" Soompi.Retrieved 2013-06-16.
- "SS501 celebrate their 8th anniversary together!".Allkpop.Retrieved 2013-06-15.
- "데뷔 8주년 SS501, 팬들에게 감사의 영상 메시지 전달 눈길".SportsSeoul.Retrieved 2013-06-15.
- 2013 KHJ Show - Party People. Seoul. 2013. Performance.
- "Kim Hyun Joong Official Website".Retrieved 2013-06-15.
- (Korean)"Heo Young Saeng Official Website (more detailed information on menu)".Retrieved 2013-06-15.
- (Korean)"Kim Kyu Jong Official Site (more detailed information on menu)".Retrieved 2013-06-15.
- (Japanese)"Park Jung Min Official Website".Retrieved 2013-06-15.
- "Kim Hyung Jun's Official Website".Retrieved 2013-06-15.
- Diposkan oleh Liana Wijaya (2013-01-02). "Asian Star Lovers 501: SS501 Ranked 5 on Daum Fan Café Ranking For December 2012". Lianawijaya501dream.blogspot.ca. Retrieved 2013-05-08.
- SS501. Rebirth. 2009. CD.
- SS501.U R Man. 2008. CD.
- Rainbow. Gossip Girl. 2009. CD.
- "SS501-Jung Min peform Rainbow’s song “KISS” @ Persona in Seoul Encore" Retrieved. 2013-02-16
- Park Jung Min. Not Alone. 2011. CD.
- "[Audio] OST from 'Love Song in August' by Park Jung Min" Retrieved. 2013-02-16
- Lee Hye, Rin (19 October 2009). "SS501 Taiwan concert attracts 12,000 fans". Asiae. Retrieved 31 October 2009.
- "Classical Concerts, Big Tickets, Pop and Jazz, Plays and Musicals" Korea Times. 18 February 2010. Retrieved 2011-10-31
- "Winners from Past Years:2006Mnet. Retrieved.2013-03-05
- .Hyung Jun Board.Retrieved.2013-03-10
- "2008 Asia Song Festival" Popseoul.com. 7 October 2008. Retrieved 2009-09-30
- (Korean) Official Cyworld BGM homepage. The Winners Of 2009 Song Of The Month. Cyworld.
- (Korean) Official Cyworld BGM homepage. The Winners Of 2009 Song Of The Month. Cyworld.
- . korea.com. Retrieved 29 October 2012
- "من هو المطرب أو المطربة أو الفرقة الكورية المفضلة لديك ؟". kbs. Retrieved.2013-06-04
- "نحن التربلز العربي إذا وجدتم مثلنـا فقط عليكم إخبارنا".crazy501tsarab.Retrieved.2013-06-04
- (Korean) Official Music Bank homepage. List of K-Charts. KBS. Retrieved 5 September 2012
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to SS501.|
- (Korean) SS501 DSP Media official homepage
- (Japanese) SS501's official Japanese homepage
- DSP Media official Youtube Channel