Swedish Military Intelligence and Security Service
Military Intelligence and Security Service (Swedish: Militära underrättelse- och säkerhetstjänsten), MUST, is a division of the Swedish Armed Forces Central Command. It is responsible for Sweden's military intelligence such as acquiring and presenting information that is of military importance regarding foreign powers and managing the security for vital divisions and agencies of the Swedish Armed Forces.
MUST consists of three departments, Underrättelsekontoret UNDK (Intelligence Office), Säkerhetskontoret SÄKK (Security Office) and Kontoret för Särskild Inhämtning KSI (Office for Special Collection).
- UNDK's task is to acquire relevant information which can be used as basis when the Central Command and Ministry of Defence makes decisions, and aids deployed Swedish military units.
- SÄKK's task is to work with signal protection, investigating persons and information protection.
- KSI's task is to conduct espionage by HUMINT. Little is known about KSI, as it is only mentioned once in Swedish law.
MUST also co-operates with other defence intelligence agencies, such as the Swedish National Defence Radio Establishment (FRA), the Swedish Defence Research Agency (FOI) and the Swedish Defence Materiel Administration (FMV). In contrast to common belief FRA, the Swedish National Defence Radio Establishment, is not a part of MUST but a civil agency.
 MUST Directors
- Gmj Stefan Kristiansson (2007-2012)
- Gmj Gunnar Karlson (1.10.2012-)
- Official website (Swedish)
|This Sweden-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This European military article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|