T-Systems is a German global IT services and consulting company headquartered in Frankfurt. Founded in October 2000, it is a subsidiary of Deutsche Telekom AG.
As of 2012, T-Systems is the largest German and one of the largest European IT services companies, serving customers such as WestLB, Old Mutual, Daimler, Volkswagen, Royal Dutch Shell, Sanlam, Murray & Roberts, BP, TUI AG, Centrica, De Agostini, Philips, MAN SE, Airbus and E.ON.
The company operates in more than 20 countries and employs approximately 48,200 people worldwide (2011), among them around 25,500 in Germany, 3,000 in Spain, 2,600 in Slovakia, 2,000 in Brazil, 1,200 in India, 1,600 in France, 1,000 in South Africa and 1,000 in Russia. Since December 2007 Reinhard Clemens is the CEO. Before that, he was president of EDS Germany since 2003.
T-Systems was founded in 2000, when Deutsche Telekom acquired a 50,1% stake of debis Systemhaus, one of the largest IT services companies in Germany at the time. Most of Deutsche Telekom's existing service and IT businesses were then merged and incorporated under the control of one single company, the newly founded T-Systems. In 2001, T-System's headquarters were moved from Bonn to Frankfurt, a major centre of the IT industry in Germany. One year later, in 2002, the remaining 49,9% share of debis Systemhaus was acquired and fully incorporated into T-Systems. However, the company underwent a leadership crisis during the first years after its creation, due to different agendas of the former debis management and the leadership of the former Telekom subsidiaries. Since then, T-Systems made a number of acquisitions, most notably the purchase of gedas, the IT subsidiary of Volkswagen Group in December 2005. Since 2007, Reinhard Clemens is T-Systems' new CEO. T-Systems also supported the creation of Silicon Saxony, a major IT cluster in Germany. In 2008, T-Systems and global IT services provider, Cognizant have entered into a global alliance. T-Systems' India operations were taken over by Cognizant following this alliance in late March, 2008.  T-Systems is also working for the German government and a market leader in Germany
- ^ a b "Annual Report 2011" (PDF). T-Systems. Retrieved 15 March 2012.
- ^ http://www.t-systems.de/tsip/de/747866/startseite/uebertsystems/news/details/2012-01-26-old-mutual
- ^ itweb.co.za
- ^ http://www.computerwoche.de/management/it-services/2360293/
- ^ http://cimdata.com/newsletter/2005/51/04/51.04.01.htm
- ^ http://www.software-saxony.de/?page_id=4
- ^ Press Release: First Systems Integration Alliance to Globally Serve Corporate Europe
- ^ http://www.business-standard.com/article/technology/cognizant-tech-to-buy-t-system-s-india-business-108030601108_1.html
- ^ http://bicclatestnews.blogspot.in/2008/03/cognizant-takes-over-t-systems-india.html
- ^ http://www.heise.de/newsticker/meldung/Merkel-Phones-wechseln-auf-Android-1465257.html
- ^ http://luenendonk-shop.de/out/pictures/0/lue_its_2011_f300511_fl.pdf
External links