|Type||foundation = 1988 (spinoff from NTT)|
|Industry||IT services and IT consulting|
|Headquarters||Toyosu, Tokyo, Japan|
|Key people||Toru Yamashita, President & CEO|
|Revenue||$14 billion (FY 2011)|
|Net income||¥10.857 billion (FY 2007)|
|Employees||59,000 (as of March 31, 2012)|
NTT DATA Corporation (株式会社エヌ・ティ・ティ・データ Kabushiki-kaisha Enu-tī-tī Dēta ) is a Japanese system integration company and a subsidiary of NTT (Nippon Telegraph and Telephone) Group.
Nippon Telegraph and Telephone Public Corporation, a predecessor of NTT, started Data Communications business in 1967. NTT, following its privatization in 1985, spun off the Data Communications division as NTT Data in 1988, which has now become the largest of the IT Services companies headquartered in Japan.
NTT Data is a publicly traded company, but is about 54 percent owned by NTT. Its business areas are in national and local governments, financial, and telecommunication sectors. According to reports in 2012, Forbes Global 2000 recognizes NTT DATA as the 5th largest IT Services company.[Forbes Global 2000]
NTT DATA’s history goes back to 1967, when the DATA Communications Bureau was established within the Nippon Telegraph and telephone Public Corporation (now NTT). If this was its "First Founding" as a company, then the "Second Founding" occurred in 1988 when NTT DATA Communications Systems Corporation was spun off into a separate company from NTT. Its "Third Founding" as a company was in 2008, when it marked the 20th anniversary of its establishment. Today, NTT DATA is in the process of becoming a "Global IT Innovator," which together with its customers, uses information technology to change society.
- Acquired Italy-based Value Team S.p.A.
- Launched Global One Teams
- Acquired Keane International, Inc., increasing the Group’s total work force to 50,000
- Acquired Intelligroup, Inc.
- New organizational structure "Company System" introduced
- Acquired Extend Technologies Pty Ltd in Australia, as part of a strategy to expand the global footprint of specalised SAP consulting businesses 
- 20th anniversary of establishment
- Consolidated net sales of ¥1 trillion achieved
- First Japanese company to obtain BS 7799 certification, an international information security standard
- Obtained ISO 14001 certification
- Obtained ISO 9001 certification
- Listed on the First Section of the Tokyo Stock Exchange
- Changed English name to NTT DATA Corporation
- Listed on the Second Section of the Tokyo Stock Exchange
- Received the Deming Application Prize for 1993
- Headquarters relocated to Toyosu, Koto-ku, Tokyo
- Authorized as a Systems Integrator
- NTT DATA Communications Systems Corporation spun off into a separate company from NTT
- Nippon Telegraph and Telephone Corporation (NTT) incorporated as a private company
- Mainframe ultra-large-scale computer DIPS-11 Model 45 developed
- DATA Communications Bureau established within Nippon Telegraph and Telephone Public Corporation
Within Japan, NTT DATA has established many joint ventures, such as NTT Data-Sanyo Electric to take care of the IT services of Sanyo electric group. Outside of Japan, NTT DATA has its wholly owned subsidiaries or offices in the UK, China, Malaysia, Thailand, India, the US, Australia, Singapore, Vietnam and other countries or regions.
Within the NTT Group, while NTT Comware focuses on the IT services to the Group companies, NTT Data mainly services non-NTT Group companies.
In 2010, NTT DATA acquired Intelligroup Inc., an US-based IT consulting and service providing company. After taking over Intelligroup, NTT became the ninth largest software company in the world, worth over $11 billion. 
NTT DATA and Boston-based IT Service company Keane agreed to a merger on 29 October 2010. The acquisition is worth over US$1.23 billion. After the acquisition of Keane Inc., NTT DATA became the 8th largest software company in the world, with the annual revenue of $14 billion.
NTT and its Group companies:
- NTT Communications (NTT America, NTT Europe, etc.)
- NTT Comware
- NTT Data Engineering Systems Corporation
- NTT Docomo
- "Intelligroup press release".
- "NTT Data’s Big Year a Harbinger for Japan’s Software Industry".
- "Bloomberg Article - Keane acquisition".
- "Keane Jan 3,2011 Press release".
- "Keane Jan 31,2012 Press release".
- NTT DATA Worldwide Website
- NTT DATA Japan home page
- NTT DATA Business Solutions global website
- NTT DATA Business Solutions Australia website
|This article about a Japanese corporation– or company–related topic is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|