|Traded as||BMAD: IDR|
|Industry||IT services, IT consulting|
|Headquarters||Alcobendas, Madrid, Spain|
|Key people||Javier Monzón (Chairman), Regino Moranchel (CEO)|
|Services||IT systems and services for defence, transport, energy, telecommunications, financial services and public sector clients|
|Revenue||€2.688 billion (2011)|
|Operating income||€268 million (2011)|
|Profit||€181 million (2011)|
|Total assets||€2.976 billion (end 2011)|
|Total equity||€1.067 billion (end 2011)|
|Employees||35,730 (end 2011)|
Indra Sistemas, S.A. (Spanish pronunciation: [ˈindɾa sisˈtemas]) is a Spanish information technology and defense systems company. Indra is listed on the Bolsa de Madrid and is a constituent of the IBEX 35 index. The company was named after a Hindu god Indra.
Indra's portfolio ranges from consultancy, project development, and systems and applications integration to outsourcing of IT systems and business processes. This offer is structured into two primary segments: Solutions and Services.
Approximately a third of the company’s annual revenues come from international markets. By geographical areas, Europe and the USA are the two international markets with the greatest weight and growth for Indra. Latin America is also a geographical area in which Indra is operating.
The following are among Indra’s main business areas:
- Air traffic control systems (where it is one of the world's largest suppliers; Indra claims that a third of the world's air traffic is managed by systems developed by the company).
- Ticketing systems developed for underground railway systems, such as those in Madrid, Barcelona, Paris, Lisbon, Shanghai, Athens, Buenos Aires and Santiago de Chile.
- Electoral processes.
- Aircraft simulators.
- Health information systems.
According to official information, the current shareholder structure of the company is the following:
|Banco Financiero y de Ahorros S.A.||20,12%|
|Corporación Financiera Alba||11,32%|
|Casa Grande de Cartagena||5%|
- "Annual Results 2011". Indra Sistemas. Retrieved 23 February 2012.
- Harding, Ben (20 January 2009). "Indra sees 2009 sales up 5-7 pct, hits '08 targets". Reuters. Retrieved 2009-01-26.
- "Actual Shareholders structure". Indra. Retrieved 19 May 2012.