O. P-Cambridge, 1873
|29 genera, 126 species|
|Wikispecies has information related to: Tetrablemmidae|
The Tetrablemmidae are a spider family with 126 described species in 29 genera that occur throughout the world tropics. They are sometimes called armored spiders.
The family Pacullidae, with the only genus Paculla, has been incorporated into this family in 1981.
Most tetrablemmids have been collected from litter and soil, including soil in epiphytes; some live in caves. Some cave species, but also some soil inhabitants, show typical adaptations of cave spiders, such as loss of eyes and weak sclerotization.
Spiders in the genus Paculla are four to five times larger than other tetrablemmids. The genus Tetrablemma features only four eyes, a trait only shared with most species of the not closely related Caponiidae.
Tetrablemmids do not seem to build webs.
Most genera occur in Southeast Asia, only a few in Africa and Central and South America.
- Ablemma Roewer, 1963 (Southeast Asia)
- Afroblemma Lehtinen, 1981 (Africa)
- Anansia Lehtinen, 1981 (Africa)
- Bacillemma Deeleman-Reinhold, 1993 (Thailand)
- Borneomma Deeleman-Reinhold, 1980 (Borneo)
- Brignoliella Shear, 1978 (Southeast Asia)
- Caraimatta Lehtinen, 1981 (Central America)
- Choiroblemma Bourne, 1980 (India)
- Cuangoblemma Brignoli, 1974 (Angola)
- Fallablemma Shear, 1978 (Samoa, Sulawesi)
- Gunasekara Lehtinen, 1981 (Sri Lanka)
- Hexablemma Berland, 1920 (Kenya)
- Indicoblemma Bourne, 1980 (Thailand, India)
- Lamania Lehtinen, 1981 (Southeast Asia)
- Maijana Lehtinen, 1981 (Java)
- Mariblemma Lehtinen, 1981 (Seychelles)
- Matta Crosby, 1934 (Brazil, Mexico)
- Micromatta Lehtinen, 1981 (Belize)
- Monoblemma Gertsch, 1941 (Brazil, Colombia, Panama)
- Paculla Simon, 1887 (Southeast Asia)
- Pahanga Shear, 1979 (Southeast Asia)
- Perania Thorell, 1890 (Southeast Asia)
- Rhinoblemma Lehtinen, 1981 (Caroline Island)
- Sabahya Deeleman-Reinhold, 1980 (Borneo)
- Shearella Lehtinen, 1981 (Madagascar, Sri Lanka)
- Singalangia Lehtinen, 1981 (Sumatra)
- Singaporemma Shear, 1978 (Vietnam, Singapore)
- Sulaimania Lehtinen, 1981 (Malaysia)
- Tetrablemma O. P-Cambridge, 1873 (Southeast Asia, Africa, Micronesia)
- Shear, W.A. (1978). Taxonomic notes on the armored spiders of the families Tetrablemmidae and Pacullidae. American Museum novitates 2650 PDF - Abstract
- Burger M. et al. (2005): Complex genital system of a haplogyne spider (Arachnida, Araneae, Tetrablemmidae) indicates internal fertilization and full female control over transferred sperm. Journal of Morphology 267(2):166-186. Abstract
|This spider-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|