University of Technology of Troyes
|University of Technology of Troyes|
|University of Technology of Troyes|
|Endowment||39,000,000 € (Overall budget)|
|Chancellor||Pierre Koch |
|Postgraduates||180 Ph.D. students|
|Campus||12 rue Marie Curie- CS 42060 10010 TROYES Cedex - FRANCE|
|Affiliations||CPU, CGE, CDEFI, Groupe UT|
The University of Technology of Troyes (Université de Technologie de Troyes; UTT) is a French university, in the Academy of Reims. The UTT is part of the network of the three universities of technology, found by the University of Technology of Compiègne. Inspired by the American University of Pennsylvania in Philadelphia, these three universities (UTC, UTBM and UTT) are a French mixture between the universities of this country and its schools of engineers (Grandes Ecoles).
They are indeed organized like the universities, temples of knowledge being based on the triptych teaching-research-valorization (transmission of knowledge, the creation of knowledge and the transfer of knowledge in economic fabric). Their teaching model is a mix between the North-American model and the French traditions: courses choice, separation of the courses, work directed (TDs) and practical work (TPs). These three universities give thus an engineering degree equivalent to the Bac+5 formations of the French Grandes Ecoles.
The UTT was founded in 1994 and inaugurated by Jacques Chirac. One of the first chairman of the university has been Thierry Breton (1997–2005), honorary Chairman of both Thomson and France Telecom, and former finance Minister from France.
- Industrial systems (Systèmes Industriels or SI)
- Production systems management (Sûreté de Fonctionnement et Environnement or GSP)
- Supply Chain Management (Management de la Chaine Logistique or MCL)
- Operational safety, Risks and Environment (Sûreté de Fonctionnement, Risques, Environnement or SFERE)
- Computing and Information systems (Informatique et Systèmes d’Information or ISI)
- Information systems management (Management des Systèmes d'Information or MSI)
- Software management (Management de Projet Logiciel or MPL)
- Information Risk Management (Management du Risque Informationnel or MRI)
- Systems, Network and Telecommunications (Systèmes, Réseaux et Télécommunications or SRT)
- Networks and services convergence (Convergence services et réseaux or CSR)
- Mobile technologies and embedded systems (Technologies Mobiles et Systèmes Embarqués or TMSE)
- Systems security and communications (Sécurité des Systèmes et des Communications or SSC)
- Mechanical systems (Systèmes Mécaniques or SM)
- Integrated mechanical design (Conception mécanique intégrée or CMI)
- Production system design (Conception de systèmes de production or CSP)
- Information technology in mechanical engineering (Technologie de l'information pour la mécanique or TIM)
- Digital simulation in mechanical engineering (Simulation numérique en mécanique or SNM)
- Materials: Technology and Economics (Matériaux : technologies et économie or MTE)
- Economics of Materials and the Environment (Economie des Matériaux et Environnement or EME)
- Technology and Commerce of Materials and Components (Technologie et Commerce des Matériaux et des Composants or TCMC)
- Transformation and quality of materials (Transformation et Qualité des Matériaux OR TQM)
- Engineering and Sports Management
- Applied Civil Security and Safety
- Information Systems Security
- Environmental Management and Sustainability
- Optics and Nanotechnology
- Systems Optimisation and Security
- Networks, Knowledge and Organisations
- Mechanical Systems and Materials
5 laboratories all associated with CNRS
- ICD : Institute Charles Delaunay
- LM2S : System Modelling and Dependability Laboratory
- LOSI : Industrial Systems Optimisation Laboratory
- Tech-CICO : Technology and Co-operation for Organisational Change and Innovation
- LNIO : Nanotechnology and Optical instrumentation Laboratory
- LASMIS : Mechanical Systems and Concurrent Engineering Laboratory
- CREIDD : Research Center on Sustainable Development
The UTT takes part in international exchange programs including ERASMUS and has signed agreements with many foreign universities (partner universities). The University of Technology of Troyes is a member of the European University Association (EUA).
- List of public universities in France by academy
- Université de Technologie
- The University of Technology of Belfort-Montbéliard (Université de Technologie de Belfort-Montbéliard or UTBM)
- The University of Technology of Compiègne (Université de Technologie de Compiègne or UTC)
Notes and sources
- 09/01/2014 : a new chancellor for the UTT - http://www.utt.fr/fr/universite/organisation.html
- Université de technologie de Troyes calls itself the University of Technology of Troyes on its English language web site (retrieved 2007-11-06).
- Although called a "university", the University of Technology of Troyes is in fact a non-university institute (école extérieure aux universités), as defined by Chapter I, Section II (Articles 34 through 36) of French law 84-52 of 26 January 1984 regarding higher education (the loi Savary).
- University of Technology of Troyes. "Industrial systems". Retrieved 9 July 2011.
- University of Technology of Troyes. "Informatics and Information Systems". Retrieved 9 July 2011.
- University of Technology of Troyes. "Systems, Networks and Telecommunications". Retrieved 9 July 2011.
- University of Technology of Troyes. "Mechanical Systems". Retrieved 9 July 2011.
- University of Technology of Troyes. "Materials Science and Technology". Retrieved 9 July 2011.