|↓||Skip to table of contents||↓|
|Epicgenius is currently, or is about to be, on vacation in real life and may not be able to respond immediately to queries. He may pop in now and then from an available online source.|
|This is Epicgenius's talk page, where you can send messages and comments to Epicgenius.|
|Archives: Index, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28|
Welcome to Epicgenius's talk page.I will generally respond here to comments that are posted here, rather than replying via your talk page (or the article's talk page, if you are writing to me here about an article), so you may want to watch this page until you are responded to, or let me know where specifically you'd prefer the reply. If you reply to me elsewhere, please leave a
If you were looking for an editor named Epic Failure, that is also me.
To leave me a new message on this page, please click here.
|Am I logged in?[a 1] It is 1:13 PM where this user lives near Queens, New York[a 2]. I usually cannot answer questions between 10:00 PM and 8:00 AM.|
- I do have a life, so I will be here somewhat infrequently.
- In New York City
|Rest of header (includes rules)|
USERPAGE • other userpage (for most of the year) • 'boxes • TALK • talk archive • CONTRIBUTIONS • email • logs and stuff
2 June 2015
- 1 Today's articles for improvement
- 2 Quixotic plea
- 3 Template:MBTA Silver Line
- 4 Reverting edit on history of the VW Beetle
- 5 July 2013 Spuyten Duyvil derailment
- 6 July 2013 Spuyten Duyvil derailment has been nominated for Did You Know
- 7 Wiki Loves Pride!
- 8 The Center Line: Spring 2015
- 9 June 2015 Wikification drive.
Other talk pages:
Today's articles for improvement
- Hello Epicgenius:
- This week's voting for TAFI's upcoming weekly collaboration has begun at Week 20 of 2015. Thanks for participating!
Taken a look at it recently? Revert to your last version, or break into separate diagrams for each line? (similar to what you did for the Select Bus Service routes). Useddenim (talk) 22:17, 24 May 2015 (UTC)
- @Useddenim: I guess we could consolidate all the intersecting lines into a general "Transfer" icon or symbol. Breaking the template into separate diagrams would complicate matters, since there is only one article for all four lines. Epic Genius (talk) ± 01:21, 27 May 2015 (UTC)
Reverting edit on history of the VW Beetle
That's ok, I didn't think that the change would happen and I realised that this needs a lot more work. There is good reason though as Hitler being a car designer is complete bullshit propagated by internet. If anybody actually bothered to read a proper book they would find that Porsche started designing the Volkswagen years before Hitler met him. All Hitler did was to fund the Volkswagen project as long as the car should be capable of certain criteria. Margeret Thatcher did a similar thing for the Delorean, yet nobody suggested she designed it, nor is it referred to as 'The Tory Car'.
'Small Wonder' published in 1965 (before the internet) is the bible for Volkswagen history and uses interviews with 'actual' key VW personnel. — Preceding unsigned comment added by 188.8.131.52 (talk) 10:17, 27 May 2015 (UTC)
Thanks for thanking me for that edit. In return, I am happy to inform you that I just nominated that article for DYK and I have included you as a cocreator. Minimal though your contributions may have seemed, they helped. I hope you don't mind. Daniel Case (talk) 23:14, 27 May 2015 (UTC)
- Ah, I see, a DYK in exchange for thanks? I don't mind. I'll try to add some substantive info into that article later, though. Epic Genius (talk) ± 02:27, 28 May 2015 (UTC)
July 2013 Spuyten Duyvil derailment has been nominated for Did You Know
|Hello, Epicgenius. July 2013 Spuyten Duyvil derailment, an article you either created or significantly contributed to, has been nominated to appear on Wikipedia's Main Page as part of WikiProject Did you know. You can see the hook and the discussion here. You are welcome to participate! Thank you. APersonBot (talk!) 16:55, 30 May 2015 (UTC)|
You are invited to participate in Wiki Loves Pride!
- What? Wiki Loves Pride, a campaign to document and photograph LGBT culture and history, including pride events
- When? June 2015
- How can you help?
- 1.) Create or improve LGBT-related articles and showcase the results of your work here
- 2.) Upload photographs or other media related to LGBT culture and history, including pride events, and add images to relevant Wikipedia articles; feel free to create a subpage with a gallery of your images (see examples from last year)
- 3.) Contribute to an LGBT-related task force at another Wikimedia project (Wikidata, Wikimedia Commons, Wikivoyage, etc.)
Or, view or update the current list of Tasks. This campaign is supported by the Wikimedia LGBT+ User Group, an officially recognized affiliate of the Wikimedia Foundation. Visit the group's page at Meta-Wiki for more information, or follow Wikimedia LGBT+ on Facebook. Remember, Wiki Loves Pride is about creating and improving LGBT-related content at Wikimedia projects, and content should have a neutral point of view. One does not need to identify as LGBT or any other gender or sexual minority to participate. This campaign is about adding accurate, reliable information to Wikipedia, plain and simple, and all are welcome!
If you have any questions, please leave a message on the campaign's main talk page.
Thanks, and happy editing!
The Center Line: Spring 2015
|Volume 8, Issue 2 • Spring 2015 • About the Newsletter|
|Archives • Newsroom • Full Issue • Shortcut: WP:USRD/NEWS|
June 2015 Wikification drive.
Greetings! Just spreading a message to the members of WikiProject Wikify that the June drive has been started. Come on, sign up! :) "A wiki of beauty is a joy forever." Seriously. That's how long it'd take to read! (talk) 04:23, 2 June 2015 (UTC)