Thor: The Dark World
Hey there! Hope you're having a good holiday. I have to express some confusion over your reversion rationale for Thor: The Dark World. I can't argue that secondary sources are better than primary, but if we're applying that logic to the film's actual credits, shouldn't we be looking for sources in the plot section too? I also don't get how any of the information that's sourced would be challenged. All you have to do to see who the writers and director are is watch the film or look at its poster.
I know it probably seems like I've been challenging you guys a lot lately, but there's some stuff in these articles that just kinda confuses me. That source was definitely one of them, and I'm still confused about it.
- Thank you and happy new year to you too. There's nothing wrong with having foot notes in the plot section either and we typically do for things that might need outside confirmation. The point is more refs are better than fewer to make verifiability easier for readers. Not everyone has access to the film..--TriiipleThreat (talk) 22:01, 31 December 2014 (UTC)
Happy New Year!
Happy New Year!
|I saw that the Karen Gillan image got deleted right after you got it cleared for undeletion. Just have a cookie, cookies make everything better. And I'm sure the issue will be resolved soon enough! Sock (
Infobox photo discussion
Hi again. Happy New Year. Can you offer your opinion on which photo is better for the Infobox here? If you're not able to participate, just disregard this message; you don't have to message me. Thanks. Nightscream (talk) 00:57, 10 January 2015 (UTC)
DYK for A.K.A. Jessica Jones
|On 11 January 2015, Did you know was updated with a fact from the article A.K.A. Jessica Jones, which you recently created or substantially expanded. The fact was ... that Marvel's A.K.A. Jessica Jones 's show runner, Melissa Rosenberg, reconfigured the series for Netflix from her original incarnation as an early 2010s ABC series? The nomination discussion and review may be seen at Template:Did you know nominations/A.K.A. Jessica Jones. You are welcome to check how many page hits the article got while on the front page (here's how, live views, daily totals), and it may be added to the statistics page if the total is over 5,000. Finally, if you know of an interesting fact from another recently created article, then please feel free to suggest it on the Did you know talk page.|
Marvel NOW update
It looks like that Marvel will be ending the Avengers and New Avengers series soon and here is an official link to help verify this . Also here is a link to something else for you to look into, though there is not anything too official about this yet.  -22.214.171.124 (talk) 01:28, 21 January 2015 (UTC)
Hello. I've seen that you've reversed my edit on the Cassie Lang page. I don't see the reason for it; I took pains to search for references for such news, I added those as speculation and therefore not something 100% certain, even though the trailer explicitly mentions that the protagonist has a daughter. So, why wasn't it good enough? Italianhistorian88 (talk) 12:27, 26 January 2015 (UTC)
- Please see WP:RUMOR. The last sentence reads "Speculation and rumor, even from reliable sources, are not appropriate encyclopedic content." Also please keep in mind Wikipedia is not the news and we cannot use IMDb as a source.--TriiipleThreat (talk) 12:45, 26 January 2015 (UTC)
- Very well, I admit I did not know IMDb was not a reliable source. Even though I believe that the fact that the trailer's mentioning of a daughter makes this more than mere speculation of rumor, I will wait for something official from the director or something to put in.
- Italianhistorian88 (talk) 13:09, 26 January 2015 (UTC)
- (talk page stalker) FYI, I do believe some news outlets have used the word "Cassie" in describing Lang's daughter in the trailer (I believe IGN's interview with Judy Greer) but that is most likely speculation on their part, because all we have gotten from Marvel/the production team, is that Lang's daughter will be featured. We can't assume that means Cassie until we have a source backing that up. - Favre1fan93 (talk) 19:10, 26 January 2015 (UTC)
I understand that, and I have already said I will wait precisely for something like that to attempt another edit. I merely said that I thought that, given Cassie's importance to Scott as it stood in the comics, and given the fact that the "daughter" word was used, it was something just a bit more than a wild guess. In any case, I'll wait for something reliable to be said by the director or someone else. Italianhistorian88 (talk) 20:24, 26 January 2015 (UTC)