Ícolo e Bengo
|Ícolo e Bengo|
Agostinho Neto Cultural Center in Catete
Ícolo e Bengo (red) in Bengo province (yellow)
|• Total||3,819 km2 (1,475 sq mi)|
|• Estimate (2006)||58,830|
|• Density||15.4/km2 (40/sq mi)|
|Time zone||WAT (UTC+1)|
As per decree 29/11, of 1st September 2011, which moved this municipality, along with the municipality of Quiçama from Bengo Province to Luanda Province. The others being Luanda, Belas, Cazenga, Cacuaco, Viana and Quiçama. The transfer documents were signed on 2 April 2012 in Catete by the governors of Luanda Province, Bento Bento, and João Miranda, of Bengo Province, in the presence of the minister for territorial administration, Bornito de Sousa.
Icolo e Bengo is bordered to the north and south respectively by the municipalities of Dande and Quiçama (in Bengo and Luanda provinces respectively), to the east by the municipality of Cambambe (Cuanza Norte province), and to the west by the municipalities of Viana and Cacuaco (both in Luanda province).
The municipality, with the seat in Catete, is divided into five comunas (communes), as follows:
- Agostinho Neto (1922-1979), 1st President of Angola
- "Reference Center: Provinces". Angolan Embassy in the United States. Archived from the original on 11 Feb 2006.
- "City councils of Angola". Statoids. Retrieved 6 Apr 2009.
- Pedro Bica (3 April 2012). "Obras dão vida à vila de Catete" [Public works give life to Catete city] (in Portuguese). Luanda, Angola: Jornal de Angola. Retrieved 4 April 2012.
- Angola Statistics: Bengo. GeoHive. Source: Instituto Nacional de Estatística, Angola. Instituto Nacional de Segurança Social, Angola.
Media related to Ícolo e Bengo at Wikimedia Commons
|This Angola location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|