|This article does not cite any sources. (August 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|1020 in topic|
|Lists of leaders|
|Political entities - State leaders - Religious leaders|
|Birth and death categories|
|Births – Deaths|
|Establishments and disestablishments categories|
|Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 1020.|
- Goryeo and the Liao Dynasty exchange embassies, following a seven-year territorial dispute.
- The massive Kandariya Mahadeva Hindu Temple is completed, in the Chandela capital of Khajuraho.
- The city of Saint-Germain-en-Laye is founded.
- Henry II of Germany conducts his third Italian military campaign.
- Canute the Great codifies the laws of England.
- Zhang Zai, Song Dynasty Chinese Neo-Confucian philosopher and cosmologist (d. 1077)
- Princess Wulfhild of Norway, duchess consort of Saxony (d. 1071)
- Su Song, famous Song Dynasty Chinese scientist and engineer (d. 1101)
- June 12 – Lyfing, Archbishop of Canterbury
- Ferdowsi Tousi, Persian epic poet (b. 935)
- Leif Ericson, Icelandic explorer
- Fan Kuan, Chinese landscape painter