From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the year 1366. For the CPU socket by Intel, see LGA 1366.
|Centuries:||13th century – 14th century – 15th century|
|Decades:||1330s 1340s 1350s – 1360s – 1370s 1380s 1390s|
|Years:||1363 1364 1365 – 1366 – 1367 1368 1369|
|1366 by topic|
|State leaders - Sovereign states|
|Birth and death categories|
|Births - Deaths|
|Establishments and disestablishments categories|
|Establishments - Disestablishments|
|Art and literature|
|1366 in poetry|
|Ab urbe condita||2119|
|English Regnal year||39 Edw. 3 – 40 Edw. 3|
|Chinese calendar||乙巳年 (Wood Snake)
4062 or 4002
— to —
丙午年 (Fire Horse)
4063 or 4003
|- Vikram Samvat||1422–1423|
|- Shaka Samvat||1288–1289|
|- Kali Yuga||4467–4468|
|Japanese calendar||Jōji 5
|Minguo calendar||546 before ROC
|Thai solar calendar||1908–1909|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 1366.|
- Thomas Fraser obtains lands in Aberdeenshire, upon which he starts the building of a towerhouse that will later be known as Muchalls Castle.
- Henry II deposes his half-brother, Pedro of Castile, to become King of Castile.
- Muhammed V builds the Granada Hospital in Granada (in present-day Spain).
- War continues between the Hindu Vijayanagar Empire and the Muslim Bahmani Sultanate in present-day southern India. Tens of thousands of civilians are massacred by each side.
- Dmitri Donskoi, ruler of Moscow & Vladimir, makes peace with Dmitri Konstantinovich, former ruler of Vladimir.
- Abu Faris Abdul Aziz succeeds assassinated Abu Zayyan as Sultan of the Marinid Empire in Morocco.
- The Stella Artois brewery is founded in present-day Belgium.
- The Statutes of Kilkenny are passed in Ireland.
- Zhu Yuanzhang, leader of the Red Turban Rebellion that will overthrow the Yuan Dynasty and establish the Ming Dynasty 2 years later, begins building the walls for a new capital city at Nanjing.
- March 22 – Thomas de Mowbray, 1st Duke of Norfolk, English politician (d. 1399)
- July 11 – Anne of Bohemia, queen of Richard II of England (d. 1394)
- August 28 – Jean Le Maingre, marshal of France (d. 1421)
- date unknown
- January 25 – Henry Suso, German mystic
- April 26 – Simon Islip, Archbishop of Canterbury
- May 20 – Maria of Calabria, Empress of Constantinople (b. 1329)
- October 18 – Petrus Torkilsson, Archbishop of Uppsala
- date unknown – Ming Yuzhen, founder of the rebel empire of Daxia