Jump to navigation Jump to search
This article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|1295 by topic|
|Birth and death categories|
|Births – Deaths|
|Establishments and disestablishments categories|
|Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Art and literature|
|1295 in poetry|
|Ab urbe condita||2048|
|Balinese saka calendar||1216–1217|
|English Regnal year||23 Edw. 1 – 24 Edw. 1|
|Chinese calendar||甲午年 (Wood Horse)|
3991 or 3931
— to —
乙未年 (Wood Goat)
3992 or 3932
|- Vikram Samvat||1351–1352|
|- Shaka Samvat||1216–1217|
|- Kali Yuga||4395–4396|
|Japanese calendar||Einin 3|
|Minguo calendar||617 before ROC|
|Thai solar calendar||1837–1838|
1421 or 1040 or 268
— to —
1422 or 1041 or 269
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 1295.|
- June 20 – Pope Boniface VIII proposes the Treaty of Anagni, seeking to bring peace between the house of Anjou and Sicily; the effort is in vain.
- June 26 – Przemysł II is crowned King of Poland in Gniezno Cathedral, the first coronation of a Polish ruler in 219 years.
- October 23 – The first treaty forming the Auld Alliance, between Scotland and France against England, is signed in Paris.
- November 13 – King Edward I of England summons the Model Parliament to Westminster, the composition of which serves as a model for later parliaments.
- Mongol leader Ghazan Khan converts to Islam, ending a line of Tantric Buddhist leaders.
- Jayavarman VIII of the Khmer Empire in Cambodia abdicates; Srindravarman succeeds him.
- Marco Polo returns to Venice, from his travels to China.
- Philip IV of France and Pope Boniface VIII begin having disagreements.
- Construction begins on Beaumaris Castle in Anglesey, the last of the ring of castles built by Edward I of England, to subdue Wales.
- September 16 – Elizabeth de Clare, English noblewoman (d. 1360)
- date unknown
- April 25 – King Sancho IV of Castile (b. 1257)
- August 12 – Charles Martel of Anjou (b. 1271)
- October – Meinhard, Duke of Carinthia (b. 1238)
- December 7 – Gilbert de Clare, 7th Earl of Gloucester, 6th Earl of Hertford, English politician (b. 1243)
- December 20 – Margaret of Provence, queen of Louis IX of France (b. c. 1221)
- date unknown – Guy of Charpigny
- date unknown – Padishah Khatun, Mongolian poet, sovereign queen of Kirman (1291-95)