1904 in architecture
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The year 1904 in architecture involved some significant architectural events and new buildings.
- May - The Ford Motor Company approves construction of the Ford Piquette Avenue Plant, a New England mill-style building in Detroit, Michigan, USA.
- April - Watts Gallery in Compton, Guildford, England, designed by Christopher Hatton Turnor.
- May 3 - Midtgulen Church, in Bremanger Municipality, Norway, designed by Lars Sølvberg, is consecrated by Bishop Johan Willoch Erichsen.
- September 4 - St. Regis Hotel in New York City, designed by Trowbridge & Livingston with interiors by Arnold Constable.
- Batumi Synagogue, Georgia, designed by Semyon Vulkovich.
- The Bergeret House in Nancy, France, by Lucien Weissenburger, with ironwork by Louis Majorelle, interior paintings by Victor Prouvé, stained glass by Jacques Gruber, and woodwork by Eugène Vallin.
- The Villa des Roches, designed by Émile André as his own house, in the Parc de Saurupt in Nancy, France.
- The Larkin Administration Building was designed by Frank Lloyd Wright for the Larkin Soap Company of Buffalo, New York.
- The Mayoralty of Baku, final work of Józef Gosławski.
- Hungarian Parliament Building on the Danube in Budapest.
- Rue Franklin Apartments, Paris, by Auguste Perret and his brother Gustave, an early example of an exposed reinforced concrete frame building.
- Hôtel Brion, Strasbourg, built by architect Auguste Brion for himself
- April 18 - Giuseppe Terragni, Italian Rationalist architect (died 1943)
- June 8 - Bruce Goff, American residential architect (died 1982)
- September 11 - Paul Thiry, American architect (died 1993)
- September 29 - Egon Eiermann, German architect (died 1970)
- November 25 - John Summerson, English architectural historian (died 1992)
- "Ford Piquette Avenue Plant". Michigan State Housing Development Authority. Retrieved September 2, 2010.
- Aaraas, Margrethe; Venden, Sigurd (2000). "Midtgulen Church". Sogn og Fjordane Arkiv. Retrieved 2008-09-27.
- Batumi: sights. Official website of Batumi. Retrieved on May 10, 2009
- "Rue Franklin Apartments". GreatBuildings. Retrieved 2012-05-29.
- Peter Eisenman, Giuseppe Terragni: Transformations, Decompositions, Critiques, New York: The Monacelli Press, 2003.
- Belot, Robert & Daniel Bermond (2004). Bartholdi.