1967 in art
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- May 14 – Dedication of Liverpool Metropolitan Cathedral in England, designed by Frederick Gibberd, with stained glass by John Piper, Patrick Reyntiens and Margaret Traherne and a bronze crucifix by Elisabeth Frink.
- September 25 – Gilbert and George first meet while studying sculpture at St Martins School of Art in London.
- Foundation of the Project Arts Centre, Dublin.
- The Maruki Gallery for the Hiroshima Panels is established in Higashimatsuyama, Saitama, Japan, as a permanent home for The Hiroshima Panels.
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (June 2011)|
- New Documents photography exhibition at the Museum of Modern Art, New York curated by John Szarkowski and featuring the work of Diane Arbus, Lee Friedlander and Garry Winogrand.
- First Arte Povera exhibition in Italy organised by Germano Celant.
See also: Category:1967 sculptures
- Diane Arbus – Identical Twins, Roselle, New Jersey, 1967 (photograph)
- Francis Bacon – Portrait of Isabel Rawsthorne Standing in a Street in Soho
- Sargis Baghdasaryan – We Are Our Mountains (sculpture)
- Max Bill – Rhythm in Space (sculpture)
- Peter Blake with Jann Haworth – Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (collage for record album cover)
- Salvador Dalí – Tuna Fishing
- Edward Delaney – Wolfe Tone (bronze statue)
- Jose de Rivera – Infinity (sculpture)
- Dušan Džamonja – Monument to the Revolution of the people of Moslavina
- Milton Glaser – Dylan (poster)
- Eila Hiltunen – Sibelius Monument (Helsinki)
- David Hockney – A Bigger Splash
- Joan Miró – The Caress of a Bird (sculpture)
- Henry Moore – sculptures
- Barnett Newman – Voice of Fire
- Isamu Noguchi – Sinai (sculpture)
- Pablo Picasso – Chicago Picasso (sculpture)
- Norman Rockwell – Russian Schoolroom
- Kenneth Snelson – Six Number Two (sculpture)
- Mark di Suvero – Are Years What? (for Marianne Moore) (sculpture)
- Yevgeny Vuchetich – The Motherland Calls (sculpture)
- Andy Warhol
- James Wines – Three Bronze Discs (sculpture)
- David Wynne – Bird Fountains (Ambassador College, Pasadena, California)
- December 15 – David Černý, sculptor associated with Prague
- date unknown – Andy Taylor, Australian painter and printmaker
- January – Ary Stillman, representational and abstract Russian-American painter (born 1891)
- January 15 – David Burliuk, Russian avant-garde artists (born 1882)
- February 17 – Nancy Cox-McCormack, American portrait sculptor (born 1885)
- March 31 – Jefto Perić, Serbian painter (born 1895)
- May 15 – Jessie Traill, Australian printmaker (born 1881)
- May 27 – Johannes Itten, Swiss painter (born 1888)
- August 15 – René Magritte, Belgian surrealist painter (born 1898)
- November 21 – Vladimir Lebedev, Russian painter and graphic artist (born 1891)
- November 22 – Pavel Korin, Russian painter (born 1892)
- December 12 – Mac Raboy, American illustrator (born 1914)
- December 26 – Ambrose McCarthy Patterson, Australian painter and printmaker (born 1877)
- Date unknown – Veljko Stanojević, Serbian painter (b. 1892)