1 John 2
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|1 John 2|
|Book||First Epistle of John|
|Bible part||New Testament|
|Order in the Bible part||23|
- The original text is written in Koine Greek.
- Some of the oldest manuscripts containing this chapter are:
- This chapter is divided into 29 verses.
This chapter can be grouped (with cross references to other parts of the Bible):
- 1 John 2:1-2 = Fellowship with Him and One Another
- 1 John 2:3-11 = The Test of Knowing Him
- 1 John 2:12-14 = Their Spiritual State
- 1 John 2:15-17 = Do Not Love the World
- 1 John 2:18-23 = Deceptions of the Last Hour
- 1 John 2:24-27 = Let Truth Abide in You
- 1 John 2:28-29 = The Children of God
- My little children, these things I write to you, so that you may not sin. And if anyone sins, we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous.
- And He Himself is the propitiation for our sins, and not for ours only but also for the whole world.
- Little children, it is the last hour; and as you have heard that the Antichrist is coming, even now many antichrists have come, by which we know that it is the last hour.
- But the anointing which you have received from Him abides in you, and you do not need that anyone teach you; but as the same anointing teaches you concerning all things, and is true, and is not a lie, and just as it has taught you, you will abide in Him.
- Halley, Henry H. Halley's Bible Handbook: an abbreviated Bible commentary. 23rd edition. Zondervan Publishing House. 1962.
- Holman Illustrated Bible Handbook. Holman Bible Publishers, Nashville, Tennessee. 2012.
- Davids, Peter H (1982). I Howard Marshall and W Ward Gasque, ed. New International Greek Testament Commentary: The Epistle of James (Repr. ed.). Grand Rapids, Mich.: Eerdmans. ISBN 0802823882.
- Evans, Craig A (2005). Craig A Evans, ed. Bible Knowledge Background Commentary: John, Hebrews-Revelation. Colorado Springs, Colo.: Victor. ISBN 0781442281.
- 1 John 2:1
- 1 John 2:2
- 1 John 2:18
- 1 John 2:27
This article incorporates text from a publication now in the public domain: Gill, John. Exposition of the Entire Bible (1746-1763).