|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 2029.|
2029 (MMXXIX) will be a common year starting on Monday of the Gregorian calendar, the 2029th year of the Common Era (CE) and Anno Domini (AD) designations, the 29th year of the 3rd millennium, the 29th year of the 21st century, and the 10th and last year of the 2020s decade.
Predicted and scheduled events
- April 13 – Asteroid 99942 Apophis will fly past earth.
- December 20 – The December 2029 lunar eclipse, the second of two Metonic twin eclipses, will occur. The first of the twin eclipse pair was the December 2010 lunar eclipse, occurring on December 20–21, 2010. The twin eclipses are separated by 19 years.
- The Giant Magellan Telescope, which is currently under construction, is scheduled to have been completed.
- The digital time capsule 'A Message from Earth' reaches its destination on the planet Gliese 581 c.
- NASA's New Horizons spacecraft is scheduled to leave the solar system.