|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 2029.|
2029 (MMXXIX) will be a common year starting on Monday of the Gregorian calendar, the 2029th year of the Common Era (CE) and Anno Domini (AD) designations, the 29th year of the 3rd millennium, the 29th year of the 21st century, and the 10th and last year of the 2020s decade.
Predicted and scheduled events
- January 1 – Books, films and other works published in 1933 will enter the public domain.
- April 13 – Asteroid 99942 Apophis will fly within 19,400 miles from the Earth.
- June 26 – Total lunar eclipse. With an umbral eclipse magnitude of 1.84362, it will be the largest total lunar eclipse of the 21st century.
- December 20 – The December 2029 lunar eclipse, the second of two Metonic twin eclipses, will occur. The first of the twin eclipse pair happened from December 21 to 22 in 2010.
- The Giant Magellan Telescope, which is currently under construction, is scheduled to be completed.
- The digital time capsule 'A Message from Earth' will reach its destination on the planet Gliese 581 c.
- NASA's New Horizons spacecraft is scheduled to leave the solar system.