Navistar 7000 series
|Navistar 7000 series|
A parked 7000-MV 4 1⁄2 ton cargo truck
|Place of origin||United States|
|Used by||Canadian Army
Afghan National Army
Afghan National Police
Iraqi Ministry of Defence
|Length||31.5 ft (9.6 m)|
|Width||95.2 in (2.42 m)|
|Height||10.33 ft (3.15 m)|
|Engine||International DT 530 (varies by configuration and national requirements)
270 to 330 hp
|400 mi (640 km)-500 mi (800 km)|
The Navistar 7000 series is a line of military heavy lift vehicles based on Navistar International's WorkStar truck chassis, and produced by Navistar Defense. The truck is available in a variety of wheel (4×2, 4×4, 6×4, and 6×6) and engine configurations.
The Canadian Forces Canadian Army had adopted the Navistar Defence LLC Medium Logistics truck. The vehicle fulfills the MSVS MilCOTS (Militarized Commercial-Off-The-Shelf) requirement. As of mid-July 2015, the MSVS SMP (Standard Military Pattern) vehicle has been chosen. Starting in June 2010, 1,300 Navistar units will be replacing part of the MLVW fleet. The civilian designation of the 7000-MV is Navistar 7400 SFA 6×6.
- Islamic State
- "Navistar International 7000 series". Military-Today.com. Retrieved 2015-05-22.
- "Mack Defence Awarded $725 Million CAD Contract to Supply more than 1500 Trucks to the Canadian Armed Forces" (PDF). Mac Defence LLC. 2015-07-16. Retrieved 2016-10-31.
- "MacKay announces 1,300 new military trucks". Winnipeg Sun. 2009-01-09. Retrieved 2015-05-22.
- "Military truck purchase cancelled due to cost concerns - Canada - CBC News". Cbc.ca. Retrieved 2015-05-22.
- "Oshkosh wins challenge on Canadian Forces trucks – government required to revisit evaluation - Ottawa Citizen". Ottawacitizen.com. Retrieved 2017-01-20.
-  Archived July 6, 2011, at the Wayback Machine.
- "Colombia; Marines receive Navistar 7000MV trucks". Dmilt.com. Retrieved 2015-05-22.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Navistar International 7000 series.|
|This military vehicle article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|