Navistar 7000 series
|Navistar 7000 series|
A parked 7000-MV 41⁄2 ton cargo truck
|Place of origin||United States|
|Used by||Canadian Army
Afghan National Army
Afghan National Police
Iraqi Ministry of Defence
|Length||31.5 ft (9.6 m)|
|Width||95.2 in (2.42 m)|
|Height||10.33 feet (3.15 m)|
|Engine||International DT 530 (varies by configuration and national requirements)
270 to 330 hp
|400 mi (640 km)-500 mi (800 km)|
The Navistar 7000 series is a line of military heavy lift vehicles based on Navistar International's WorkStar truck chassis, and produced by Navistar Defense. The truck is available in a variety of wheel (4×2, 4×4, 6×4, and 6×6) and engine configurations.
The Canadian Forces Canadian Army had adopted the Navistar Defence LLC Medium Logistics truck. The vehicle fulfills the MSVS MilCOTS (Militarized Commercial-Off-The-Shelf) requirement. As of mid-2011, the MSVS SMP (Standard Military Pattern) vehicle has not been chosen. By June 2010, 1,300 Navistar units have replaced part of the MLVW fleet. The civilian designation of the 7000-MV is Navistar 7400 SFA 6×6.
In July 2012 the order for 1500 MSVS SMP trucks was cancelled and being re-evaluated.
- "Navistar International 7000 series". Military-Today.com. Retrieved 2015-05-22.
- "MacKay announces 1,300 new military trucks". Winnipeg Sun. 2009-01-09. Retrieved 2015-05-22.
- "Military truck purchase cancelled due to cost concerns - Canada - CBC News". Cbc.ca. Retrieved 2015-05-22.
- [dead link]
- "Oshkosh Defense delivers MSVS SMP Medium Support Vehicle System to Canadian army". January 9, 2014. Retrieved 2015-05-22.
- "Colombia; Marines receive Navistar 7000MV trucks". Dmilt.com. Retrieved 2015-05-22.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Navistar International 7000 series.|
|This military vehicle article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|