||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (October 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Adrian Tan (born 1966) is a lawyer and author from Singapore. He is best known as the writer of the fiction novels The Teenage Textbook (1988) and The Teenage Workbook (1989), which were bestsellers in Singapore in the late-1980s.
Tan wrote the two novels while he was an undergraduate student at the National University of Singapore (NUS). The two books sold over 50,000 copies. In 1998, The Teenage Textbook was made into a film (The Teenage Textbook Movie) starring Melody Chen and Caleb Goh, which topped the box office in Singapore for four weeks. It was also made into a stage play by The Necessary Stage, starring Hossan Leong and Mark Richmond.
While at university, Tan represented NUS as a debater in international competitions and on televised debates in Singapore. More recently, he has appeared as a guest judge on the International Emmy Award-nominated debate TV show The Arena on Mediacorp Channel 5, and as a regular judge on the debate show Bridging Asia on Channel NewsAsia.
- The Teenage Textbook, or, The Melting of the Ice Cream Girl (1988, Hotspot Books) ISBN 9813002212
- The Teenage Workbook, or, The Passing of an April Shower (1989, Hotspot Books) ISBN 981300228X
- Yusof, Helmi. "Tomes that show us how we live". The Business Times. Singapore Press Holdings. Retrieved 5 January 2015.
- Stamford Law Directors' profiles
- Internet Movie Database profile of The Teenage Textbook Movie
- Business Times Singapore: Litigator and author Adrian Tan joins Stamford Law