Christopher de Souza
|Christopher de Souza
Christopher de Souza
|Member of Parliament
for Holland-Bukit Timah GRC
6 May 2006
|Born||21 January 1976|
|Political party||People's Action Party|
|Alma mater||King's College London
University of Oxford
Christopher de Souza (Chinese: 迪舒沙, Tamil: கிறிஸ்தபர் டி சூசா; born 21 January 1976) is a member of the Singapore Parliament and a practising litigation partner at the Singapore-based law firm Lee & Lee.
He is a representative of the People's Action Party and a part of the team which won the 2011 general elections for the Holland-Bukit Timah GRC with a margin of 60.08% of the votes. He is specifically in charge of Ulu Pandan ward where he has been the Parliamentary representative since 2006.
He is currently serving on Government Parliamentary Committees on Manpower (as the Deputy Chairman), and Home Affairs and Law. In 2009, he was nominated as a Young Global Leader at the World Economic Forum.
Prior to his political career, he was active in the legal profession, first serving as a Justice's Law Clerk to then Chief Justice Yong Pung How, then as Deputy Public Prosecutor, followed by State Counsel, Magistrate, and finally Assistant Registrar at the High Court of Singapore. He graduated from his LLB Class at King's College London with First Class Honours in 2000 and then pursued his post-graduate studies as a Shell Scholar at the University of Oxford where he graduated with a Bachelor of Civil Law with distinction in 2001. During National Service in the Singapore Armed Forces, he was assigned to a combat squadron and was conferred the Sword of Honour. He completed his National Service as an officer. He represented Singapore in hockey at various tournaments up to 2005.
Christopher is a Roman Catholic and is married.
- Christopher de Souza Parliament of Singapore, accessed on 22 October 2015.
- Lee & Lee - Partners - Christopher de Souza, accessed on 22 October 2015.
- Final tally of votes cast for GE2011 released, Fann Sim, SingaporeScene, Yahoo! News Singapore, 12 May 2011, accessed on 16 September 2011.
- People's Action Party - MP-Elect Profile - Christopher de Souza, accessed on 16 September 2011.
- World Economic Forum - Christopher De Souza, accessed on 16 September 2011.
- The Straits Times - General Elections 2011, accessed on 16 September 2011
- Lee & Lee - Partners - Christopher de Souza, accessed on 31 August 2015.