This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (January 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Ali Rabiei in April 2016
|Spokesperson of the Government of Iran|
|Assumed office |
30 May 2019
|Preceded by||Mohammad Bagher Nobakht|
|Minister of Cooperatives, Labour and Social Welfare|
15 August 2013 – 8 August 2018
|Succeeded by||Mohammad Shariatmadari|
|Born||6 December 1955|
|Political party||Islamic Labour Party|
|Spouse(s)||Narges Hosseinzadeh (1981–2007, her death)|
|Alma mater||University of Tehran|
Ali Rabei (Persian: علی ربیعی, born 6 December 1955), also known by his nickname Ebad, is an Iranian politician and former intelligence officer. He served as the labour minister from 2013 to 2018. He was an adviser to the former President Mohammad Khatami from 1997 to 2005. On 4 August 2013, he was nominated for as minister of labour to the incumbent cabinet by Hassan Rouhani. He is also professor at Payame Noor University.
Early life and education
Ali Rabei was born on 6 December 1955 in Javadieh, Tehran. He graduated from University of Tehran with a degree in state management in the 1970s and became a technician at General Motors factory in Tehran. He was arrested by SAVAK in a labour strike in Ekbatan.
Following the Iranian Revolution, Rabei became a member of Islamic Republican Party and its labour branch head. Then, he was appointed by then Prime Minister Mehdi Bazargan as a member of labour law codification, a membership he held until the present. He is one of the closets to the Mohammad Khatami. After Khatami's election, Rabei was one of his advisors for social affairs. He was also Khatami's representative at the Ministry of Intelligence in 2001. He was also the head of Presidential Secretariat and executive committee and Homeland Security Committee Propaganda of Supreme National Security Council under Hassan Rouhani from 2002 to 2005. After the election of Rouhani as president, he was nominated for the Minister of Labour. He was confirmed by the parliament on 15 August 2013.
- “Sociological changes in value in Iran”, 1993
- “Sociology, political corruption in the third world countries”, 1996
- “National Security Studies”, 1997
- “The crux of the civil administration”, 1998
- “Knowledge management in organizations”, 2001
- “Knowledge management processes and procedures”, 2008
- “Risk and Crisis Management”, 2013
- همسر علي ربيعي، مشاور رئيس جمهوري سابق به ديار باقي شتافت .
- کابین اختصاصی وزیر کار و پسرش + عکس کابین اختصاصی وزیر کار و پسرش + عکس
- روایت ربیعی از تصادف و مرگ فرزند ۱۵ سالهاش
- "President Hassan Rouhani's pragmatic conservative, security-intelligence-oriented Cabinet nominations", IranPolitik, 6 August 2013, archived from the original on 18 August 2013, retrieved 16 August 2017
| Minister of Labour