Anderton with Marbury
|Anderton with Marbury|
The Anderton Boat Lift
|Anderton with Marbury shown within Cheshire|
|OS grid reference|
|Sovereign state||United Kingdom|
|EU Parliament||North West England|
Anderton with Marbury is a civil parish in the unitary authority of Cheshire West and Chester and the ceremonial county of Cheshire, England. It had a population of 582 according to the 2001 census, reducing slightly to 571 at the 2011 Census, and includes the villages of Anderton and Marbury. The eastern part of the parish lies in the Northwich Community Woodlands which includes Marbury Country Park, situated in the grounds of the old Marbury Hall, and Anderton Nature Park.
Anderton is known for the Victorian Anderton Boat Lift, which was the model for other European boat lifts. It is fully restored and raises boats 50 feet (15 m) from the River Weaver to the Trent and Mersey Canal.
- Christine Hamlett, Jackie Hamlett; A House with Spirit: Dedication to Marbury Hall; Leonie Press (Feb 1998); ISBN 1-901253-01-5
- Photographs of Marbury Hall, Cheshire, England, UK
- Marbury: 1850 & 1892
- Marbury Country Park
- Anderton Boat Lift
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Anderton with Marbury.|
- Office for National Statistics : Census 2001 : Parish Headcounts : Vale Royal Retrieved 2009-12-10
- "Parish population 2011". Retrieved 29 May 2015.
- "Marbury, Northwich :1850 & 1892". Archived from the original on 2009-10-25.
|This Cheshire location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|