Andre Nigel Barnett|
June 2, 1976
Zanesville, Ohio, U.S.
Reform (Before 2014)|
Austin Peay State University|
Western Governors University
|Website||"Campaign website". Archived from the original on October 18, 2012. Retrieved 2012-03-27.|
Andre Nigel Barnett (born June 2, 1976) is an American politician and entrepreneur. He was a candidate for President of the United States as the 2012 nominee of the Reform Party of the United States of America. He is the founder of the information technology (IT) company WiseDome Inc.
Following his military service, Barnett became a fitness model in New York City. In 2001, he founded WiseDome Incorporated, an IT company that provides information technology and data recovery services.
2012 presidential campaign
Barnett announced his candidacy for the Reform Party presidential nomination on May 6, 2011. He considers himself a conservative and has stated that he would considerably downsize the federal government if elected. Barnett has been described as a "conservative with a conscience." His candidacy was endorsed by the Frederick Douglass Foundation. At the Reform Party of New Jersey's state convention on April 14, 2012, Barnett defeated former Governor of Louisiana Buddy Roemer in the party's presidential straw poll by a 70% margin.
Barnett was nominated for President of the United States by the Reform Party on August 12, 2012 at the party's National Convention in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Barnett's running mate was Ken Cross. The ticket was on the ballot in Florida and had write-in status in several other states. Barnett received 962 votes nationwide.
2014 congressional campaign
Barnett sought the Republican nomination to represent New York's 18th congressional district in 2014. However, he failed to collect enough signatures to be listed on the primary ballot.
- "Reform Party Chooses Andre Barnett for President", Ballot Access News. August 13, 2012. Retrieved August 13, 2012.
- May, Caroline (June 24, 2011). "2012′s model-in-chief". The Daily Caller. Retrieved March 22, 2012.
- "Andre Barnett 2012:Welcome". Andre Barnett 2012 official website. Archived from the original on 2011-06-27. Retrieved March 22, 2012.
- Benac, Nancy (October 31, 2011). "So you want to run for president? Just sign here". KXAN-TV. Archived from the original on January 27, 2013. Retrieved March 22, 2012.
- "Local Tea Party Hold Caucus". YNN Rochester. March 3, 2012. Retrieved March 22, 2012.
- Mikolay, Dennis "DJ" (March 18, 2012). "Reform Party Rising". Atlantic Highlands Herald. Archived from the original on June 20, 2012. Retrieved March 22, 2012.
- "Meet Andre Barnett- a Black Conservative Running for President in 2012". The Frederick Douglass Foundation of New York. October 21, 2011. Archived from the original on April 14, 2013. Retrieved March 22, 2012.
- "Convention: Recap", Reform Party of New Jersey. Retrieved June 1, 2012.
- "Reform Party Nominates Presidential and Vice Presidential Candidates" Archived August 15, 2012, at the Wayback Machine., C-SPAN.org. August 12, 2012. Retrieved August 14, 2012.
- Andre Barnett 2012, official campaign site
- Andre Barnett:On the issues
- WiseDome Inc., official site
- Barnett's fitness model site
- FEC disclosure report for 2012 presidential campaign
|Party political offices|
| Reform nominee for President of the United States
Rocky De La Fuente