|This article does not cite any sources. (January 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Launched||2 April 1996|
|Picture format||16:9 (576i, SDTV)|
|Slogan||"La chaîne grandeur nature"|
132, avenue du Président Wilson
|Formerly called||AB Animaux (1996–1998)|
Animaux is a French television channel themed on the animal world.
Created in April 1996, AB Animaux was a channel which showed animal documentaries. In 1998, it was renamed as Animaux and changed the types of programmes it showed.
The channel specialises in the environment, and principally shows animal documentaries. It has also introduced regular reports on the protection of flora and fauna. Allain Bougrain-Dubourg joined the channel as a director in 2005.
- Territoires Sauvages : Discovery of inexpored territories and the animals who live there (Tuesday 17:55)
- Des Animaux et des Hommes : Stories about the relationship between man and animal (Saturday 18:25) *Totalement Fauve : Big game, such as lion, puma, tiger and leopard, (Thursday 17:55).
- A Vol d'Oiseau : Programme based on ornithology (Friday 17:55).
- Animaux en Danger : Programme which deals with saving the planet, (Sunday 19:00).
- Histoires d'eaux : The story of animal life in fresh and salt water (Wednesday 17:55).
Animaux was originally only shown via AB Sat, but is now available on a contract on French, Monacan, Belgian and Swiss cable and via the Nouveau Canalsat satellite package available on the new AB Group only available to customers with ADSL packages.
- (French) Programmes on Animaux