Anna Luisa Ewers
14 March 1993
|Height||1.75 m (5 ft 9 in)|
Anna Luisa Ewers (German: [ˈeːvɐs]; born 14 March 1993) is a German fashion model. She is featured on the 2015 Pirelli Calendar. With her multiple campaigns, covers, and runway shows she is ranked as one of the top models in the fashion industry. In 2015, Models.com reported that she was chosen as Model of the Year by the fashion industry.
In a new generation of models known for their social media followings helping them get jobs, Anna Ewers has been compared to Kate Moss (with whom she co-starred in a David Yurman ad campaign) in that she is successful while keeping her private life off social media. She has also been compared to French icon Brigitte Bardot and fellow German supermodel Claudia Schiffer.
Ewers first started modeling in Colombia while she was an exchange student, then returned to Germany for school and worked as a cocktail waitress. Ewers was discovered by Alexander Wang when the designer found her photograph on a blog. He sent the image to casting director Anita Bitton who said "Lets find this girl!" Since then she has been Alexander Wang's muse.
During spring/summer 2014 Fashion Week (September–October 2013), she walked 37 fashion shows, including Céline, Balenciaga, Prada and opened Dolce & Gabbana and Alexander Wang. In February 2014, she was Milan Fashion Week's Top Model, walking 18 runways including Fendi and Emilio Pucci.
She often poses for Vogue Paris editorials : Miss Vogue Hamptons in October 2013, Fatale in March 2014 and another one alongside Natasha Poly for the June/July issue. She received her first cover in August 2014. Her other international covers include the Italian and Chinese editions of Vogue.
Between July 2013 and May 2015 she was on the cover of Vogue nine times, and in March 2015 was on the cover of Vogue Germany with five variant covers. She won the models.com award for Breakout Star.
In 2015, she covered the February issue of Vogue Paris.
In April 2018, Anna appeared in the David Yurman F/W 2018 campaign, which continued the theme of “Celebration,” and was first established in the brand's 2000 campaign. This campaign were shot by Peter Lindbergh and featured top models Joan Smalls, Ashley Graham, Amber Valletta, and others.
Ewers has been featured in more than 100 editorials, campaigns, and lookbooks, including magazine covers for i-D, Numero China, Vogue China, Vogue Italia, Vogue Paris and W. She has walked the runway for over 60 designers, notably Balenciaga, Balmain, Calvin Klein, Chanel, Dior, Donna Karan, Fendi, Lanvin, Louis Vuitton, Marc Jacobs, Prada, Ralph Lauren, and Versace amongst many others.
- Anna Ewers at Fashion Model Directory
- "Anna Ewers - Model". MODELS.com. Retrieved 27 February 2019.
- Valentin Risch (12 February 2013). "Anna". Retrieved 27 February 2019 – via YouTube.
- "MODELS.com's Top 50 Models". models.com. Retrieved 27 February 2019.
- "Model of the Year Awards 2015 - models.com MDX". MODELS.com. Retrieved 27 February 2019.
- "ANNA EWERS: THE SUPERMODEL THAT AVOIDS SOCIAL MEDIA TO PROVE OLD SCHOOL IS STILL COOL". The Independent. Archived from the original on 2022-05-07.
- "Kate Moss, Anna Ewers Star in David Yurman's First-Ever Color Campaign". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 27 February 2019.
- "The Top 11 Brigitte Bardot Doppelgängers of All Time". Vogue. Retrieved 27 February 2019.
- Alexander, Ella. "The 2015 Model of the Year is…". Glamour UK. Retrieved 27 February 2019.
- "Focus on Models: Anna Ewers". Vogue Italia.
- "How Alexander Wang Discovered Anna Ewers, and More of the News You Missed Today". 23 November 2014. Archived from the original on 23 November 2014. Retrieved 27 February 2019.
- Remu Duscher (March 25, 2015). "Anna Ewers on being Alexander Wang's muse". vogue.com.au. Vogue Australia. Archived from the original on September 12, 2017. Retrieved April 6, 2015.
- Karl Templer (21 November 2013). "On the rise: Anna Ewers". interviewmagazine.com. Interview. Retrieved 19 August 2014.
- Ericka Samuel (26 February 2013). "Anna Ewers Is Milan Fashion Week's Top Model". nymag.com. New York. Retrieved 19 August 2014.
- "Anna Ewers". vogue.fr. The Vogue List. Retrieved 19 August 2014.
- "Breakout Star: Women". models.com. models.com. Retrieved 30 December 2015.
- McCarthy, Lauren. "Ashley Graham Reveals the One Supermodel She Always Channels on Set". W Magazine. Retrieved 2018-10-22.
- Magazine Covers to Date Archived January 9, 2015, at the Wayback Machine
- Brown, Laura (8 April 2015). "Anna Ewers is BAZAAR's May 2015 Cover Star". Harper's BAZAAR. Retrieved 27 February 2019.
- "Andrea + Antonia + Anna Ewers MARC O' POLO SS19". 100 Management. 28 February 2019.