This article needs additional citations for verification
. (February 2016)
|Compilation album by |
|Released||5 October 1999|
|Recorded||Tracks 1, 2: September 1990, Memphis Studios, engineered at Autonomy, London – Metropolis Studios, London – Track 3: 1994, Atma Sound, Minneapolis, mixed at Synergy Studios, Napa, 1999|
|David Sylvian chronology|
Approaching Silence is a compilation album of ambient music by David Sylvian (along with Frank Perry and Robert Fripp) collecting the tracks from the 1991 limited release Ember Glance: The Permanence of Memory installation soundtrack CD as well as the soundtrack cassette from the installation "Redemption" (with Robert Fripp), staged in August 1994 at the P3 Gallery in Tokyo.
It was released on 5 October 1999 on Virgin Records (CDVE 943).
- "The Beekeeper's Apprentice" (Perry, Sylvian) – 32:56
- "Epiphany" (Sylvian) – 2:32
- "Approaching Silence" (Sylvian) – 38:17
- Robert Fripp – effects (3)
- David Sylvian – art director, engineer (1, 2), instruments, sound, lights (exhibition), installation concept and creation
- Frank Perry – Noan bells, bowed Gong, Finger bells