This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Single by Ryuichi Sakamoto & David Sylvian|
|Genre||Pop, Rock, Electronic|
|Songwriter(s)||Ryuichi Sakamoto and David Sylvian|
|Producer(s)||Ryuichi Sakamoto, David Sylvian, Steve Nye|
|Ryuichi Sakamoto singles chronology|
|David Sylvian singles chronology|
"Bamboo Houses" is a song by Japanese musician-composer Ryuichi Sakamoto and English singer-songwriter David Sylvian, released on Virgin Records in 1982. It reached number 30 in the UK charts in the second week of August, 1982.
The double A-side single "Bamboo Houses"/"Bamboo Music" was the first solo project by Sylvian, released while he was still a member of the band Japan. It was the second collaboration between the two, the first being the track "Taking Islands in Africa" on the 1980 Japan album Gentlemen Take Polaroids which featured Sakamoto on keyboards. The "Bamboo Houses" single in turn featured drums by Japan member Steve Jansen, who also appeared in the promo video, and was co-produced by Steve Nye. Similarly, Sakamoto was still a member of the band Yellow Magic Orchestra at the time, though he had already done some previous solo work.
A remix of "Bamboo Houses" was included on David Sylvian's career retrospective Everything and Nothing in 2000.
Composed and arranged by Ryuichi Sakamoto and David Sylvian
- UK 7" single with gatefold sleeve, Virgin Records VS 510
- "Bamboo Houses" (7" Edit) – 4:13
- "Bamboo Music" (7" Edit) – 4:40
- UK 12", Virgin Records VS 510-12
- "Bamboo Houses" – 5:26
- "Bamboo Music" – 5:38
|UK Singles (Official Charts Company)||30|
- Ryuichi Sakamoto - keyboards, programming, MC4, marimba
- David Sylvian - keyboards, programming, vocals
- Steve Jansen - percussion instruments, electronic percussion
- Ryuichi Sakamoto - producer
- David Sylvian - producer, mix, cover design & layout
- Steve Nye - producer, sound engineer, mix
- Yasushi Handa - cover photography
- Yoshi Ueda - cover photography
- Bamboo Music - Promo video for Bamboo Music.