|First appearance||Green Lantern (vol. 4) #10 (May 2006)|
|Created by||Geoff Johns
|Place of origin||Vorn, Sector 674|
|Team affiliations||Sinestro Corps
|Abilities||Qwardian power ring
Superhuman strength and endurance
Fictional character biography
He battled Kilowog, the Green Lantern drill instructor, on Mogo, only to be buried under falling rubble. When he faced Kilowog again, Kilowog crushed him with an aircraft carrier. Kilowog then removed Arkillo's ring (and whole finger). During an argument, Arkillo's tongue is ripped out by Mongul, which forces him to speak through his ring.
In September 2011, The New 52 rebooted DC's continuity. In this new timeline, a member of the Sinestro Corps suddenly dies, with Arkillo following the ring to Earth, where he discovers rings from all seven corps have selected Kyle Rayner to be their bearer. Along with Rayner, Blue Lantern Saint Walker, Star Sapphire Fatality, Red Lantern Bleez, and Munk of the Indigo Tribe, Arkillo travels to Oa to ask the Guardians of the Universe about the phenomenon. The Guardians attack the Lanterns, who are rescued by Larfleeze, the Orange Lantern. The group retreats, and Saint Walker uses his ring to restore Arkillo's tongue. When the group battles Archangel Invictus, Arkillo tries to protect Walker, whom he considers a friend. Having departed the Orrery, Arkillo is shocked to learn that the Sinestro Corps have fallen apart during his isolation in the Orrery. Returning to Korugar to search for answers, he learns from the Weaponer that Sinestro and Hal Jordan destroyed the Sinestro Corps central Power Battery, Arkillo is provided with an independent yellow Power Battery forged from the fear of the Korugarians to continue his rage against the universe. During the final fight against Invictus, Arkillo is able to use his new ring to attack Invictus with the 'spirits' of his people, but his ability to control this illusion is limited. He subsequently leaves the 'New Guardians' after the battle is concluded, disgusted at the discovery that Sayd manipulated the events that brought them together.
The ad-hoc 'New Guardians' reform as a team to help eliminate the original Guardians, who are working towards complete and murderous domination of all life in the universe.
In other media
- Arkillo appears briefly in several scenes in the animated film Green Lantern: Emerald Knights, during Atrocitus' prophecy, along with other prominent members of the Sinestro Corps.
- Arkillo appears in DC Universe Online. He assists Sinestro and the other Sinestro Corps members in attacking the Green Lantern Corps when the Sinestro Corps blame them for causing the malfunctions of their rings. Arkillo can also be defeated as a bounty for the heroes, and can also be unlocked with Marks of Legends to use in Legends PvP matches.
- Arkillo appears as a playable character in Lego Batman 3: Beyond Gotham, voiced by JB Blanc.
- A six-inch Arkillo was released in the eighth wave of Blackest Night toys.
- A build-a-figure Arkillo was released in the second wave of Green Lantern Classics.
- A 4-inch Arkillo was released in a 3-pack con exclusive, with Sinestro and Black Hand
- Green Lantern (vol. 4) #10 (May 2006)
- Green Lantern (vol. 4) #15 (December 2006)
- Green Lantern Corps (vol. 2) #15-16 (October–November 2007)
- Green Lantern Corps (vol. 2) #17 (December 2007)
- Green Lantern Corps (vol. 2) #33 (April 2009)
- Green Lantern: New Guardians #1 (September 2011)
- Green Lantern: New Guardians #2-3 (October–November 2011)
- Green Lantern: New Guardians #4 (December 2011)
- Green Lantern: New Guardians #7 (March 2012)
- Green Lantern (vol. 6) #2-5 (October 2011 - January 2012)
- Green Lantern: New Guardians #8 (April 2012)
- Green Lantern: New Guardians #12 (August 2012)
- Green Lantern Corps (vol. 3) Annual #1 (March 2013)